What's new

There is something less reliable than a pinball machine ....

Mate, I feel ya pain. I just had an unexpected boiler bill for £400!!! ****ing things

Mate, I feel ya pain. I just had an unexpected boiler bill for £400!!! ****ing things

:(

This bl**dy thing is only 2 years old so doubly annoying. Though I actually think its an issue with the stupid wireless remote therostat thingy ...... yet again fancy pants technology supposed to make our lives 'easier' ends up making things harder :mad::mad:. There are no real controls on the boiler for just manually switching heating on , you have to do it thru the stupid computery thing. So if that goes on the fritz ..... bingo you have a big lump of useless metal hanging in the cupboard. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

:(

This bl**dy thing is only 2 years old so doubly annoying. Though I actually think its an issue with the stupid wireless remote therostat thingy ...... yet again fancy pants technology supposed to make our lives 'easier' ends up making things harder :mad::mad:. There are no real controls on the boiler for just manually switching heating on , you have to do it thru the stupid computery thing. So if that goes on the fritz ..... bingo you have a big lump of useless metal hanging in the cupboard. Brilliant. :rolleyes:
Set fire to it?

Ha ha. I'd turned mine off for the summer except for the water. Then one night all the rads came on full chat, during the heatwave. I woke up and actually thought I was at the gates of hell!!!!

Is there no override unit connected to the boiler itself? Ours is a fancy pants remote thermostat unit and the boiler has a receiver module hooked up to it so we can go there and press the button to turn it on and off.

@Sgt GrizZ . You sure it's not being controlled by a neighbours unit? Not joking here..... Our newish combi boiler was doing wierd sh*t for ages, coming on and off at wierd times and took us ages to discover our neighbour across the road had just had a new boiler fitted and his unit was on the same jumper set 'frequency'. :rolleyes: Just a thought.....

@Sgt GrizZ . You sure it's not being controlled by a neighbours unit? Not joking here..... Our newish combi boiler was doing wierd sh*t for ages, coming on and off at wierd times and took us ages to discover our neighbour across the road had just had a new boiler fitted and his unit was on the same jumper set 'frequency'. :rolleyes: Just a thought.....

Boiler was fine. As suspected the stupid control unit was flaky. Replaced with a more reliable one apparently ... we'll see :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom