What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is something less reliable than a pinball machine ....

Mate, I feel ya pain. I just had an unexpected boiler bill for £400!!! ****ing things

Mate, I feel ya pain. I just had an unexpected boiler bill for £400!!! ****ing things

:(

This bl**dy thing is only 2 years old so doubly annoying. Though I actually think its an issue with the stupid wireless remote therostat thingy ...... yet again fancy pants technology supposed to make our lives 'easier' ends up making things harder :mad::mad:. There are no real controls on the boiler for just manually switching heating on , you have to do it thru the stupid computery thing. So if that goes on the fritz ..... bingo you have a big lump of useless metal hanging in the cupboard. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

:(

This bl**dy thing is only 2 years old so doubly annoying. Though I actually think its an issue with the stupid wireless remote therostat thingy ...... yet again fancy pants technology supposed to make our lives 'easier' ends up making things harder :mad::mad:. There are no real controls on the boiler for just manually switching heating on , you have to do it thru the stupid computery thing. So if that goes on the fritz ..... bingo you have a big lump of useless metal hanging in the cupboard. Brilliant. :rolleyes:
Set fire to it?

Ha ha. I'd turned mine off for the summer except for the water. Then one night all the rads came on full chat, during the heatwave. I woke up and actually thought I was at the gates of hell!!!!

Is there no override unit connected to the boiler itself? Ours is a fancy pants remote thermostat unit and the boiler has a receiver module hooked up to it so we can go there and press the button to turn it on and off.

@Sgt GrizZ . You sure it's not being controlled by a neighbours unit? Not joking here..... Our newish combi boiler was doing wierd sh*t for ages, coming on and off at wierd times and took us ages to discover our neighbour across the road had just had a new boiler fitted and his unit was on the same jumper set 'frequency'. :rolleyes: Just a thought.....

@Sgt GrizZ . You sure it's not being controlled by a neighbours unit? Not joking here..... Our newish combi boiler was doing wierd sh*t for ages, coming on and off at wierd times and took us ages to discover our neighbour across the road had just had a new boiler fitted and his unit was on the same jumper set 'frequency'. :rolleyes: Just a thought.....

Boiler was fine. As suspected the stupid control unit was flaky. Replaced with a more reliable one apparently ... we'll see :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom