What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst thing about Pinfest.....

Does every pinball event have a travel tale of woe either to or from it? NERG had the Scottish pinball van failure. At least I can carry everything that was in my car!
I had a similar thing driving up to Pinfest on Saturday morning. I left nice and early so I’d have enough time to set up my pin before the doors opened.
I had been on the M25 for about 20 minutes when an alarm starting going off and dashboard saying check coolant 😬.
The temperature was holding so I thought maybe I’m slightly low so continued to the event. It was only when I got off the M1 and on the B roads that the temperature started to really go up.
So I pulled into a petrol garage, lifted the bonnet to see zero coolant in the tank 😭, well I did see some, but unfortunately it was squirting from the front of the radiator. A stone must have flew up and hit it.

Luckily there was a Halfords 2 minutes away where I was able to buy some more coolant and some stuff that plugged the hole in the rad. Managed to get to Pinfest and home again without an issue but the frustrating thing is the car goes back next month and now I’m going to have to get a new radiator fitted 😞

I was amazed that there was only the Charity Prem, and my comp Pro GZ brought - considering the amount bought around the community.

We had 5 BK2Ks in a line at a previous show,
Followed by 6 AcDcs at the last South Coast Slam.

I think we should aim for 7 GZ's at Pinfest next year.

I liked how I hinted at bringing Road Show, AFM or FT in the donation thread (I forget which but it works either way) and people were saying there's already one of those why not bring something different!

Yet we had 3 RFM?!😳😂 And two BK2K?

I guess people like those games more😉

I was amazed that there was only the Charity Prem, and my comp Pro GZ brought - considering the amount bought around the community.

[/QUOTE]

I can understand the reluctance to bring along your expensive, HUO, low plays toy and to allow the unwashed masses to get their grubby paws on it. I had the same reservations about bringing IMDN along but thoughtwhat the hell, people will enjoy it and respect it and indeed they did.
Sure, at least another 400 plays went on it, probably more, but it held up without a hitch and came home with nothing worse than some dirty rubbers, a slingshot leaf spring that required popping back into place and not too much spittle on the glass.
Fair play to everyone that donates to ensure likeminded pinheads have a great time.

I can understand the reluctance to bring along your expensive, HUO, low plays toy and to allow the unwashed masses to get their grubby paws on it. I had the same reservations about bringing IMDN along but thoughtwhat the hell, people will enjoy it and respect it and indeed they did.
Sure, at least another 400 plays went on it, probably more, but it held up without a hitch and came home with nothing worse than some dirty rubbers, a slingshot leaf spring that required popping back into place and not too much spittle on the glass.
Fair play to everyone that donates to ensure likeminded pinheads have a great time.
[/QUOTE]

That maiden was cracking played really well and the speaker inserts were awesome. Had a game with David stood over my shoulder and told me how to play it. 😂

The person putting 6 credits on GZ in the reception, hogging the pin I guess for about an hour.
Apologies, but that was me and my mate.
Been unable to get on it all weekend and there was no-one on it for a change. £2 for 3 credits, means you need to put £4 in between the 2 of you, to get equal games.
Wondered who I'd ****ed off. Now I know.
Apologies again.
Hope you had a word with Mr Pullen too, as he was on much longer than us, for a measly quid 🤪

Back
Top Bottom