What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst thing about Pinfest.....

is the drive back home, especially when it goes wrong. My minor car issue expanded into a major car issue on the way back (why, or why are no garages at all open in Daventry on a Sunday or on a Saturday evening [and, yes I know the answer to that]). Probably should have just tried to stay an extra night. Made it to the service station north of Birmingham and after a late evening appearance by the AA car was diagnosed with a wheel bearing that was on its last legs, and managed to find a garage in Cannock open on bank holiday Monday that the AA got me to. Still in Cannock now, and awaiting news on if the garage can get a particular part from the main dealer tomorrow or not, but it may be terminal for my car if they don't have it (I really shouldn't have had the radiator replaced the week before, and bit the bullet to change car then). Think I also made a mistake stopping in a hotel here - I could have bought a return train ticket back home instead this afternoon, and then come back if the car does get repaired - hotel full tomorrow which removes an option.

Update : my car did get repaired and I got back home on Tuesday - turns out the part in question was available, just not that day and there was a 50/50 chance mine was OK and when they put the other parts on to find out it was OK after all.

Does every pinball event have a travel tale of woe either to or from it? NERG had the Scottish pinball van failure. At least I can carry everything that was in my car!

Last edited:
The person putting 6 credits on GZ in the reception, hogging the pin I guess for about an hour.
“Persons” it was queued up constantly, I considered pulling the fire alarm to get a go on it at one point 😂

“Persons” it was queued up constantly, I considered pulling the fire alarm to get a go on it at one point 😂
I was amazed that there was only the Charity Prem, and my comp Pro GZ brought - considering the amount bought around the community.

We had 5 BK2Ks in a line at a previous show,
Followed by 6 AcDcs at the last South Coast Slam.

I think we should aim for 7 GZ's at Pinfest next year.

Back
Top Bottom