What's new

The WORST Pinball Machines... and WHY?

W?D gets a rough deal from most people but is not that bad. i spent an age playing it in TPA to finally get a decent score, and yes there are plenty of things worth knowing:

1 collect the clues for each case - this makes it possible to collect an EB every case
2 get the revolver early - easiest is by riding the lift to level 6 - as this makes bumpers rack up jackpot faster
3 superskillshot on launch for clue plus advance multiplier plus lock a ball -then let it drain - then do it again, same ball
4 aim for basement multiball, rack up the jackpot using the bumpers, you can get this waaaaay up there
5 always go for slot machine and roulette, always gamble on roulette, hit the mystery switch a lot

TZ has a special place in hell for being the worst table I've played. They simply never worked properly on site.
Ahh... so one explanation for discontent amongst the seemingly ordered ranks of TZ lovers is it's bad because it's a particularly unreliable machine? Would perfectly maintained HUO minter make the situation any better?

[I know I'm being pushy - but I want Reasons! Details! Facts! Observations! I'm fed up with conjecture! There's no definitive right or wrong because this is all about why you think a pin is the worst and you can hold your opinions proudly till your last dying breath. Maybe you love a pin because you like the fact it's so bad? I just want to know why you do :thumbs:]

WTF guys? I've been busy moving house for the past couple of days and come back to some Popeye bashing. You know how I feel about that.

I've just got Popeye setup in his new home and I will be posting a picture-rich write up on why Popeye is not only not a crap game but actually a rather good one. Watch this space people.

Will you share pictures of the carpet in your new place too? :)

Stern's "Playboy"..... strange game. Boobs are always good, Pinball is always good. Together though it is just too confusing. Think my wife would have a fit if I tried bringing that one home.

Stern's "Playboy"..... strange game. Boobs are always good, Pinball is always good. Together though it is just too confusing. Think my wife would have a fit if I tried bringing that one home.
Mine too! Not because of the pin itself, but that my attention might have been distracted from liking her boobs instead ;)

WTH are they??

I've seen these in Belgium, I wouldent really call them Pinballs. They lack any flippers and only have a plunger. The ball falls in one of a number of holes in the playfield and you win money based on what hole it falls in. I think I saw an article on them a while back, will try to find it!

Coulden't find the article, but found a picture. Strange looking thing!

Wow, Gashball machine, never seen 'em before. A lot like the throw a ball to make the horseys run game.

TSPP for me. I hate the layout of the of the playfield! That garage shot just winds me up.,especially when you need to open it. The upper play field is just frustrating trying to get the ball up another piddley ramp with little tiny flippers.

And when you play 2 player and lock 2 balls on your first go, your mate goes and locks one and steals your multiball! :mad:

Plus the one I play at my local pub is a complete monster. Don't know what's wrong with it but never seen any one last longer than 5 mins on 3 credits.

Rant over.....

TSPP for me. I hate the layout of the of the playfield! That garage shot just winds me up.,especially when you need to open it. The upper play field is just frustrating trying to get the ball up another piddley ramp with little tiny flippers.

And when you play 2 player and lock 2 balls on your first go, your mate goes and locks one and steals your multiball! :mad:

Plus the one I play at my local pub is a complete monster. Don't know what's wrong with it but never seen any one last longer than 5 mins on 3 credits.

Rant over.....

Totally agree. *HATE* TSPP ..........clunky, clunky, clunky. Super repetitive soundbites also. Agggggggggggggh. Getting angry thinking about it. Yep, and the most ridiculous fiddly diddly twiddly niggly upper playfield ever. Kill them all.

Not a fan of mini play fields in general. Played Shrek at The Spirit cafe in Amsterdam recently and it felt like someone had bolted in a plastic mini pinball machine toy from Argos at the back. Had to lean in to see it too! (Kept getting free plays on the bloody thing too, gah!)

Not played TSPP for a while though, nor long enough to form a proper opinion!

Not a fan of mini play fields in general. Played Shrek at The Spirit cafe in Amsterdam recently and it felt like someone had bolted in a plastic mini pinball machine toy from Argos at the back. Had to lean in to see it too! (Kept getting free plays on the bloody thing too, gah!)

Not played TSPP for a while though, nor long enough to form a proper opinion!

Rant over.....
Looks as badly setup or maintained pins get another vote for being worst regardless of the game.

Interesting comments about mini-playfields - I have mixed feelings too. I definitely don't understand what's going on on TSPP! But I do like lower level playfields like on BLACK HOLE, CONGO and HAUNTED HOUSE!

Looks as badly setup or maintained pins get another vote for being worst regardless of the game.

Interesting comments about mini-playfields - I have mixed feelings too. I definitely don't understand what's going on on TSPP! But I do like lower level playfields like on BLACK HOLE, CONGO and HAUNTED HOUSE!

It's fine if they use the regular ball and something approaching regular flippers. Never played a real Black Hole but I'd love to, great fun on Pinball Arcade! Not a fan of the AC/DC lower pf though.

Totally agree. *HATE* TSPP ..........clunky, clunky, clunky. Super repetitive soundbites also. Agggggggggggggh. Getting angry thinking about it. Yep, and the most ridiculous fiddly diddly twiddly niggly upper playfield ever. Kill them all.

Dear oh dear,TSPP has the best mode in a pinball machine, Springfield mystery spot.
agreed it can be frustrating if it has weak flippers ,but it's deeper than the Sargasso sea and has some great quotes that are all done by the shows cast.:D

I've never got anywhere near the end of any pin tbh. Simpsons looks cool though, I actually fancy having one some time.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom