What's new

The UK Pinball Group Hall of Fame

As I remember the Hall of Fame was for people who originally contributed to making the first Pinball Shows happen that were named after the UKPinball yahoo mailing list. It was the UKPinball Hall of Fame. Originally future inductees were to be decided by members of the UKPHOF. It’s developed slightly since that I guess, as the shows were taken over by other organisers.

Yup,being as we don't even have an up to date list makes it kinda pointless then,maybe time to move on?

Is the list in post 1 the complete list ? @Moonraker

Its incomplete and a little out of date.

I think this is the latest list:
John Trudeau
Martin Ayub
Andy Netherwood
Steve Ritchie
Gary Flower
Nick Bennett
Dennis Nordman
Gary Stern
Rob Berk
Jim Schelberg
Mark Squires
Jack Guarnieri
Jay Stafford
Will Barber
Dave Rolfe
Phil Palmer
George Gomez
Mark Ritchie
Steve Kordek
Andrew Heighway
Mike Pacak
Dave Willcox
Barry Oursler
Matt Vince
Josh Sharpe
Joe Balcer

Yes they do an induction at the Chicago Pinball expo - although that show now looks doomed sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

basically the two guys who run it are old farts and whilst pinball has moved on - they haven't. I went two years ago and it was borderline ok because it was Stern's 30 year party. its a shame given Chicago is the home of pinball - most folks heading to Texas or Allentown.

No Steve Paggett either? He must've put as many or more machines out to pinball shows than anyone.

No Steve Paggett either? He must've put as many or more machines out to pinball shows than anyone.

Matt - you need to get that order into specsavers - it’s hall of fame not hall of shame!

Neil

Reactions: Arv

Know Steve several years now, he always goes out this way to pleading machines to shows, always donates items to raffles for charity, opened Electric Circus... And belittling another member of the community is uncalled for

All this Hall of Fame thing is a load of **** anyway, like it actually ****ing means anything.. Created as a dick swinging exercise to pat each other on the back... Its meaningless unless your that desperate to feel self worth

dood - he rips people off...

and I tend to agree on hall of fame.

A hall of fame for geek hobbyist nerds does seem an oxymoron

Like a thin chef's award

Or a bears that do not sh1t in the woods award

Or a non Catholic Pope award

Or, for viewers of Californication, a Pope that doesn't sh1t in the woods award

I just see it as a way to show recognition to those that go out of their way to support the hobby. Perhaps i am biased as i have already been inducted, but i was imensly proud to be so.

I don't see how acknowledging the efforts of those that make the shows happen can be anything other than good, but then my self esteem is pretty low! :rolleyes:

I personally would like to see more awards given out at the shows. Best machines in show (various divisions), perhaps with a prize to encourage people to bring out their best games.

I like the idea of awards for machines - much like concourse for cars.

But dood you should note if anyone has a right to high self-esteem its you- you are hugely important to the Pinball community in the U.K. and especially here in the south - thank you for that!

@Paul for the forum. To me, it's the infrastructure that connects all UK pinball together. Without it, where would we be? I wouldn't know any of you. I wouldn't have been able to call on you for support. Events would struggle to exist.

And without pinballinfo, I guess I wouldn't have spent so much money on machines......I change my mind. Banish him.

All the NLP guys. Don't think I need say anymore about what they do. Everyone knows.

@Paul for the forum. To me, it's the infrastructure that connects all UK pinball together. Without it, where would we be? I wouldn't know any of you. I wouldn't have been able to call on you for support. Events would struggle to exist.

And without pinballinfo, I guess I wouldn't have spent so much money on machines......I change my mind. Banish him.

All the NLP guys. Don't think I need say anymore about what they do. Everyone knows.
second that

Do be fair it hurts no one having a make believe hall of fame if that tickles your balls

But majority of us can live our lives without needing constant reassurance you have done something worthy.

Last edited:
Do be fair it hurts no one having a make believe hall of fame if that tickles your balls

But majority of us can live our lives without needing constant reassurance you have done something worthy.
Taking this to it's logical conclusion would mean no football leagues, competitive sports, awards, trophy's, no pinball leagues etc!
Even a simple game of pinball is reward based. Play well you are rewarded.
Same concept for pinball hall of fame - people rewarded for various contributions.

If this does get resurrected - how does it get decided, some sort of vote, committee?? By who??

As I have said, my opinion is leave it in the past. It belongs in the Pins Anon years.

I'm not really a fan of 'awards' in what to me is a fun hobby, as soon as things start getting a little too serious is when the fun stops. Lists of people, what they have done, how they 'rate'...... It all starts sounding like office politics. F#ck that [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

thats what a community is about - coming together and doing cool stuff.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom