Gary Stern,
Mark Squires,
Jack Guarnieri,
Jay Stafford,
Will Barber,
Mark Ritchie,
Steve Kordek,
Andrew Heighway.

The Hall of Fame inductions are decided by Andrew Heighway, Gary Flower and Martin Ayub.

Matt Vince has been put forward and Martin said he will ask the others about it. Not sure if I need a seconder?

Matt Vince has been put forward and Martin said he will ask the others about it. Not sure if I need a seconder?

There are LOADS of others more deserving, many on this group! Nick, Chris, Peter, Greg, Darren, Mark, Stan, etc, etc.. you did make me blush a little though! :redface:

I always thought Dave would have got a shout when he held the Welsh classics..

I would also think Dave Rolfe should be nominated for his input to the community over the years and starting up the Welsh Classic.

I always thought Dave would have got a shout when he held the Welsh classics..

Bumping this thread as we didn't have a show and so are a few inductees down. Can we nominate and get a poll together and bring this back to life?

I know the list is not complete, but has Phil Palmer made it in yet? I know he doesn't play at comps but he has supported/sponsored numerous events as well as distributing parts and machines for years now!

With the big show @ Daventry back this year, does anyone else agree that this needs to be looked at?

Don't mean you're not worthy Matt, rather that the candidates were not Fame worthy.

For instance, there's some P.O.A. members that should be in there e.g. David Dutton, who was world champion.

I could suggest lots of names, but last time i did it turned out they were already inducted. We really need an up to date list of whom is in there, is there nowhere online that shows this? I can't find it.

Needs a judging panel - a criteria for why and I beleive needs to be written down - and then the judges can make choices.

Or sending anyone you like and have a vote of the people on the Internet...

Neil

Is the list in post 1 the complete list ? @Moonraker

There are in my view a load of potential inductees. I agree with Neil there should be a judging panel (there was before) not sure if Andy would be willing this year, I think possibly big Phil should take his position as he is the show organiser. Martin and Gary are still active and knowledgeable etc

Maybe ask on here and yahoo group for people to nominate up to 5 people and then hopefully that gives the panel a steer but they have the last word ?
Never really agreed with the lets induct the guest speaker, far more deserving people locally (No offense to the inducted)

Cheers
Ian

I vote for me as a judge! LOL form an orderly queue to vote for other judges starting ..... now!

I suppose it depends on whether this is a UK Hall of Fame or a Pinball Hall of Fame as to who would be deserving, is there even a worldwide list?

I agree that just because you are a guest speaker you shouldn't be given a free walk in, or maybe some of those people needed that incentive to agree to be a speaker in the first place?

I'd suggest a more open poll rather than a closed panel of judges. Maybe a panel could nominate half a dozen people who could then be voted for by the people on here, or any other forum.

IMHO,

If worldwide I'd go for Lyman Sheats, Keith Johnson and Bowen Kerins. All 3 have done great work in either creating great rulesets, and/or explaining them.

For the UK,
It would be Pete Blakemore, Greg Mott and the NLP crew, all of which have been heavily involved in putting on tournaments and shows for a number of years, increasing the visibility of pinball in the UK.

As I remember the Hall of Fame was for people who originally contributed to making the first Pinball Shows happen that were named after the UKPinball yahoo mailing list. It was the UKPinball Hall of Fame. Originally future inductees were to be decided by members of the UKPHOF. It’s developed slightly since that I guess, as the shows were taken over by other organisers.

Back
Top Bottom