What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

It’s bizarre that in current times most LE’s sell out in hours based on the hype from publicising etc alone. Yet some LE’s from not really that long ago remain unsold in boxes.... oh course we don’t know what premium he paid, but it’s nice to know there’s another in the UK.

It's got a back panel as rough as the surface of the moon, but after years of searching and trying to get someone to sell , I'll take what I can get. A pretty big project but doable except for the MDF cab which is 40% weetabix. One of two I've been hunting a long time for.

20200630_165914.jpg

20200630_165842.jpg

Last edited:
It's got a back panel as rough as the surface of the moon, but after years of searching and trying to get someone to sell , I'll take what I can get. A pretty big project but doable except for the MDF cab which is 40% weetabix. One of two I've been hunting a long time for.

View attachment 112196

View attachment 112197
WOW! That's an awesome find 👍

Vibrant colors, multiple layers of ink, translucent yellow in the subtitle, translucent inner edge in the Space Station title, stars that only show when the Translite is illuminated, one milliliter transparent holes in the space background that twinkle when illuminated. The title and all the texts were recreated in vector for the highest quality print. More changes... But I don't want to bore you with those... :cool:

20200701_061231e.jpg

Attachments

• 20200701_061539.jpg
    20200701_061539.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200701_061442.jpg
    20200701_061442.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200701_061432.jpg
    20200701_061432.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200701_061417.jpg
    20200701_061417.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200701_061329.jpg
    20200701_061329.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200701_061312e.jpg
    20200701_061312e.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200701_061118.jpg
    20200701_061118.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 39
Vibrant colors, multiple layers of ink, translucent yellow in the subtitle, translucent inner edge in the Space Station title, stars that only show when the Translite is illuminated, one milliliter transparent holes in the space background that twinkle when illuminated. The title and all the texts were recreated in vector for the highest quality print. More changes... But I don't want to bore you with those... :cool:

View attachment 112211
Looks stunning. Reminds me of the 2001 Space Odyssey record cover a bit

1593584597085.png

It looks like a knock off to me? Or did you just buy it in?

It's got a back panel as rough as the surface of the moon, but after years of searching and trying to get someone to sell , I'll take what I can get. A pretty big project but doable except for the MDF cab which is 40% weetabix. One of two I've been hunting a long time for

I actually had an offer on one of these but we were out of space at the club - an epic tournament game brutal as ****.

Nice one, ta. Slightly more than the original NIB price then!

Actually overall a lot cheaper - if I’d been patient and waited for Phil’s next container load knock c.£500 off, if I’d gone with the hack board to convert it to 220v/50Hz knock another £600 Off. but it’s a one of game at a one off price, that in the US was way pricey compared to what a HUO magneto was going for (take off another £1700) but with it being boxed up and on a pallet and a decent supplier at the US end getting it to the UK was a breeze.

Great game, nice find! :clap:

Reactions: JMP
I actually had an offer on one of these but we were out of space at the club - an epic tournament game brutal as ****.

… and there's me thinking you would have offered it to me instead ;) :D… I remember you mentioning it after your comp, I've never played it. The theme, artwork and rarity always drew me in.

Now Neil, if you get offered an EL Dorado City of Gold and have no space for it, give us a shout and I'll store it, hold it or have it. :thumbs:

It would be nice if you stopped spamming random threads! Imagine if all the knock offs and proper traders started to do that.
After I've spent days on this remake, trying to make every aspect of this better than the original ever was, and when I finally got the print and it was up to my expectations and I felt like sharing it... You broke my heart. Feels great.

Last edited:
After I've spent 2 days on this remake, trying to make every aspect of this better than the original ever was, and when I finally got the print and it was up to my expectations and I felt like sharing it... You broke my heart. Feels great.

Don’t worry about @Neil McRae - he can be an ******* sometimes but calls it as he sees it. I think most people on here enjoy your work, but maybe more relevant to put in the “Today I worked on” or create a running log of what you have for sale in the “For Sale” thread? Maybe post updates of the works and then edit the first page as “Completed” works with pricing.

I really enjoy seeing these personally, but maybe just in the right post. I think this thread is more for “hey today I got this pin” or “ I just got this mod” rather than “I’ve done this now and it is for sale”

keep up the great work @xianek - I want to get in touch for what you can do for me on TWD as that’s my baby.

Don’t worry about @Neil McRae - he can be an ******* sometimes but calls it as he sees it. I think most people on here enjoy your work, but maybe more relevant to put in the “Today I worked on” or create a running log of what you have for sale in the “For Sale” thread? Maybe post updates of the works and then edit the first page as “Completed” works with pricing.

I really enjoy seeing these personally, but maybe just in the right post. I think this thread is more for “hey today I got this pin” or “ I just got this mod” rather than “I’ve done this now and it is for sale”

keep up the great work @xianek - I want to get in touch for what you can do for me on TWD as that’s my baby.
Point taken. By the way, it is illegal for me to sell copyright infringing work, so I don't want advertise my work as for sale. Thank you for your comment.

Gotcha - put it in the “today I worked on” or create a XIANEK work log on General Discussions, I would follow it as I say and a lot would.

Back
Top Bottom