What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Today I've picked up my experimental translite for LOTR...

It looks very plain when not illuminated. But, the moment you turn on your machine and the translite is illuminated the hidden inscription shows up very vividly. The edge of the main title is a little bit transparent so that it shines at different angles. The background image is composed of the poster image and there is an Eye of Sauron embedded into it. However you would have to be really stoned to actually see this. Overall I think this is a very successful experiment. In order to achieve this effect the translite had to be printed with multiple layers of paint. This isn't for everyone. But I am sure there are a few people who would appreciate it for what it is. The pictures were taken with the protective foil still on the translate. Normally it is glossy.

Picture 1: Not illuminated from the back:

20200528_190630.jpg

Picture 2: Illuminated from the back:

20200528_190612.jpg

Pictures of back side with visible paint thicknesses, etc.

20200528_190527.jpg
20200528_190533.jpg

And more... unwrapped...

20200528_213017.jpg
20200528_213043.jpg
20200528_213152.jpg

Would you like one?
https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...f-the-rings-v3c-experimental-translite.46119/

Last edited:
^^^^^
What he said!

That looks really classy!

Only improvement I could possibly think of would be if it were possible to get the inscription in the ring itself to be invisible when not illuminated and then to be visible when the backlight is on, but even so, that's great - if I had a LoTR, I'd be looking for one of those - definitely! :thumbs:

Colour DMD, had to be done.

29b9cad456cf8420206b709a7fbb1c31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic fast flowing game Demo Man.
Takes a little time to get tuned in but once there she flows like a mountain stream.
Enjoy.
I'm missing my old one.

Thanks @replicas - it’s in really good condition too. Boards all clean, cabinet in 7/10, playfield lovely.

only issues I have are the gun handles the top buttons are stuck in on both, start button doesn’t work and upper flipper twitching not flipping.

9918384C-6F14-4005-8925-55349D3A6133.jpeg

Common problem with the buttons on the handles, I stripped mine down and just gave everything a good deep clean. Think I had to soak the buttons over night they were so gunked up.

Picked up my Inder Moonlight yesterday from the legend of pinball rarities (Tobin) this is going to clean up soooo nice. I Will do a proper shop log for it when I get round to working on it as Inder had used some pretty unique mechs and the boards look pretty interesting too. Last new game for me for a long time I thinkIMG-20200528-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200528-WA0008.jpg

Last edited:
Come visit late September and there should be another one.... or possibly two. :)
I'd absolutely love to, I loooove 80b games. It would be great to meet a fellow Gottlieb appreciator too lol

Last edited:
Reactions: JMP
Back
Top Bottom