What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Ive jacked it up at the back to make it more brutal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last one you said :)
Yeah this is 😂🤣😂 It was until this came up and I got the all clear👩🏻
Been trying to get one and made offers that were not excepted but this one is miles better than anything I’ve seen and
easily worth the extra especially as it’s an LE which is a bonus and close to new condition! So many extras it’s unreal😄

I actually received this machine about 3 months ago but have had it stored in my parents garage until today. She's not working at the moment and I intend to give it a full strip and shop job after my current project it done. Also this has got to be the best back glass in pinball surely?
IMG_20190830_231552~3.jpg

IMG_20190830_234004~2.jpg

I actually received this machine about 3 months ago but have had it stored in my parents garage until today. She's not working at the moment and I intend to give it a full strip and shop job after my current project it done. Also this has got to be the best back glass in pinball surely?
View attachment 91895

View attachment 91896

I know a bit about sys 80s, give me a holler if stuck

I know a bit about sys 80s, give me a holler if stuck
Appreciate that mate. At the moment the switch matrix is a bit cooked. Pressing the start button goes into test and if a switch on the playfield is hit in test it triggers the whole collum. Am I right to suspect the 7400 chips at Z13 and Z14?

Will look in my manual tomorrow.
Key Gtlb things
Main earth on tranny
Replace filter cap near tranny
Loads of pins are prob fooked
Disconnect playfield switches, and look at switch test using button near door

Last edited:
Thanks gents! will start to have a poke around soon, will start a shop log once I have time to get cracking on it fully.

you have a gottlieb buy some cen-u45 transistors as becoming obsolete, or buy alternative driver board
interconnect loom pins for between driver and cupu are obsolete, tho ya can chop up and use jamma connector
buy at least 2 dozen pinsfor connectors
pinmania have most of these bits

5v rebuild and new 12v filter cap after ground mods and check /replace pins on 5v connector to cpu to. New pins for for all switch connectors , playfield and cab as mentioned above

Cutting corners on any of the above will bite you later. I stock all electronic parts for 80b gottliebs

Also, when you run the tests. Go to the memory test and check it passes. 80b cpu boards have 4 different ram sections. Any screwup here with cause weird and hard to trace issues. Riot Ics fail in many differing ways these days as are 3 different ics in 1. R in riot=ram

Back
Top Bottom