What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

The thing with flame polishing is you can never touch it again with Isopropyl alcohol. I use Isopropyl alcohol to shift general gunk off a playfield, but get it on acrylic and ... it's forkdt! Like the guy says, even a small amount will do this.

Last edited:
So that soaks in from the edge, wonder how you can re seal the edge then. Guess if you don’t heat the edge it will be fine or don’t get alcohol on the edge.
I only use Novus so not a problem for me unless that effects it too?
Good to know though?

Last edited:
You can't do anything about it if it's been flame polished I'm afraid. Once it's had that heat process a touch of alcohol will kill the plastic for good. I'd rather wet & dry and Novus polish a ramp. So yeah, beware!

I can’t believe its no longer in my garage!!
Hey, can’t keep em all. Looking forward to getting Funhouse set up, it’s been tombstoned for 12 months!! Seems like yesterday
Somewhat gutted you ended up selling it.. was quite a journey and your build was inspirational (I stole the glow in the dark silicone from ya). @M4carp has done well there. :)

Somewhat gutted you ended up selling it.. was quite a journey and your build was inspirational (I stole the glow in the dark silicone from ya). @M4carp has done well there. :)

Thanks Durzel. The thought of letting go is worse than actually letting go. I haven’t given it a second thought since it’s gone and now iron maiden is in its place, I’m loving that game. (Which I have also put glow in the dark rubbers on ?)

Yep the TAF is the favourite here at the moment out of the nine I have, bloody nine?
Will have room for one more, thinking maybe have one Stern☺
It’s a great TAF, good job?

On the subject of TAF I received and fitted this today...

A simple but perfect little addition, covers the unsightly light plastic. $33 delivered from a guy on Pinside, payment on delivery.

I used to walk out of fishing tackle shops with a small paper bag and £50/£100 lighter, hobby’s 😩

Back
Top Bottom