What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

I’ve found one! Went to Liverpool today to pick up this 1958 Williams wood rail called Kick Off. Game is in great shape for being 60 years old and it all seems to work. Needs a clean which I’ll do this week as I’ll be bringing it to NLP, oldest game at the show maybe?

251f67012aef2401c79d720846e6fb29.jpg

177617326c22d4fde8dd9c55043e5636.jpg

fe52fa82fa5eabbabc700028b4914221.jpg

e72133ae805ca52c2e40f0538e90a309.jpg

This dead Gottlieb. Looks compete. Makes a few noises when you turn it on. It actually sounds like an alarm going off when you turn it on.

The backbox gi fuse keeps blowing. IMG_20181101_1605224.jpg

IMG_20181101_1559298.jpg

This thing is an absolute monster, so I will give it a day or so before getting her on her feet. Same width as fatboy Paragon, but 2.5" longer !!!

5 flippers, with a mini pf in the top left.

Awesome artwork in the mirrored backglass. Some commentary online rates this as the best backglass in pinball.

Never owned a Gottlieb before, so fingers crossed.

Ha - I was in for this @DRD the guy gave me a BIN of £450 - I asked him if the displays lit up and got no reply so left it.

Do the displays light up?

The displays are dead as fook.

Seller seemed genuine. He had an array of jukeboxes, amps, guitars, a fruity, pool table.

So I am hoping that this is a case of lack of knowledge rather than deceit.

I looked at the tnt video about this game and it looks complete.

But it is a leap of faith. I thought I had stopped buying old girls like this, but with all the top end wpc games up for sale and going unsold, spending 370 on this seemed a better bet.

Oh for sure @DRD you got a bargain - that backglass looks absolutely GORGEOUS - was a big big seller to me, but if I got this, I had space for 3 not four pins and I wanted 4 and with limited funds wasn't willing to take the jump on it.

Will you do a shop log?

I will do a brief shop log.

There are plenty of parts for these Gottliebs. And some things like boards and flipper rebuilds are cheaper than the Bally SS stuff from the same period.

So I need to swiftly decide whether to do a make do and mend job on her, keep her a few months, sell on

Or whether I go to town, which is what I usually end up doing.

These old gottliebs play flat and slow. So I may try longer rear legs on her. And slip in a ceramic powerball to liven the old girl up if I manage to get a heartbeat out of her

Genie is a great game too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The speakers may have in line connectors part way along their length. Follow from the speakers to the main wiring loom in the head and you will see them.

I've bought some FF speakers and Gold ROMs for it, guess it makes sense for me to just put those in and see if I still have problems afterwards. Thanks.

Picked this up today just 5 minutes from my house.

Got it off of Tobin in Hove who was great to deal with, very helpful + has some great pins:)View attachment 74089

Played that round tobins the other day , lovely example of sopranos ....
Didn’t realise there was another south coast pin head so close by :clap::wave:

Back
Top Bottom