What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Another one ticked off my list :) picked up this Gottlieb Lucky Strike which is the add a ball variant of El Dorado made especially for Italy (US equivalent is Gold Strike). Should be awesome when it's all cleaned up and sorted!

View attachment 116614

Nice one, I'm old enough to remember playing one in a chippy (El Darado) in the 70's! Replays were easy and we sold the credits, chippy owner got rid, he said we were making more money than him lol

I thought there’s only so many playfields and framed translites I want as wall art, so I made use of a few flyers and certificates from a couple of my LEs to make something a little different to hang up.

Attachments

• C3C334D0-CC14-45A7-B657-39F798FF4713.jpeg
    C3C334D0-CC14-45A7-B657-39F798FF4713.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 55
  • EF9F52C2-CC68-4437-B237-5472F20857A4.jpeg
    EF9F52C2-CC68-4437-B237-5472F20857A4.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 56
I’m really loving the green trim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Received this from Jim @myPinballs

4D10D417-03A2-4CCC-875B-0C7F50D347E9.jpeg

It’s the moon magnet control board for Apollo 13, Jim has remade it and incorporated a couple of modifications that were done on at the factory, clearly not in all machines as mine hadn’t been done. My board was very sad, control MOSFET would continually fail and lock on, so I made a lash up on Vero board which worked fine but just looked horrible...

1721A1EB-BCE2-4A87-91D9-8A95834AE83D.jpeg

All back to how it should be and a huge thank you to Jim, a lot of these boards have some pretty grotty tracks on them (checking google images), I believe Jim has added them to his portfolio.

All the best,

Chris.

Lol, did you not sell jackbot because you didn’t think it was suitable for your kids ?
🤣

Well mostly because it was hard and I'm crap at pinball. However the theme was not ideal in terms of poker etc but more that the rules were hard to grasp.

Today has been an interesting experience because Mrs Gonzo didn't know about The Waking Dead . . . I'm in a lot of trouble. 😬😬😬😬
To say she was unimpressed is an understatement. She's far from a pinball widow and really enjoys JP & LOTR so I thought once she'd played a game or two things would be better.

After she'd decided that she couldn't play it and that the animations were too graphic for the kids to view she said . . . "You complete idiot, I can't believe you sold AFM for that thing, get it gone!".

My 6 year old is crying because she can't go into the mancave and see Daddy's new pinball.

To top it off I also forget to collect my son from football training on time because I was playing pinball.

I'm a very naughty boy. 👎

Well mostly because it was hard and I'm crap at pinball. However the theme was not ideal in terms of poker etc but more that the rules were hard to grasp.

Today has been an interesting experience because Mrs Gonzo didn't know about The Waking Dead . . . I'm in a lot of trouble. 😬😬😬😬
To say she was unimpressed is an understatement. She's far from a pinball widow and really enjoys JP & LOTR so I thought once she'd played a game or two things would be better.

After she'd decided that she couldn't play it and that the animations were too graphic for the kids to view she said . . . "You complete idiot, I can't believe you sold AFM for that thing, get it gone!".

My 6 year old is crying because she can't go into the mancave and see Daddy's new pinball.

To top it off I also forget to collect my son from football training on time because I was playing pinball.

I'm a very naughty boy. 👎

I’m sorry, but that’s hilarious 😂

Chris.

all in £7539.45

Cheers,
Neil.

Pricing was my estimates based on the then exchange rate but just looked at the bank statement to see what PayPal charged me for the game and just to update on this:

Game: £5005
Shipping: £864
VAT/Duty: £859
Replacement board/Power conversion. £625 (Xmen board is at Stern getting convened so could sell or have spare board).

so 7353 all in.

Could have done it for about a grand cheaper as noted above.

Cheers,
Neil.

My new squeeze, manages two games.

0F6AE866-A4FC-4B14-98B4-9B8388A90F2B.jpeg

About 2 months ago I messaged @Rob zombie and he gave me a code to order this bad boy, they’ve been pretty behind but it turned up. My work colleagues have been bashing my old, cheap one know as “ol’ squeeky” - This is a marked improvement

0ED3C13D-06DA-4D3F-BFE7-A6D0404D6F75.jpeg

Nice @James , I very nearly bought that chair but got s ridiculously good deal on a Noble Chair so went with that. Absolute game changer for long hours at my desk

20200829_173709.jpg

20200829_173643.jpg

Back
Top Bottom