What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Shaun, let me know if you do decide to change any machines as I will need to change the line up.
Cheers.

Today I got my new blackout speaker sounds great,old speaker well fooked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 24
Looks like some kid has been busy underneath your machine with a knitting needle! That is well and truly fooked ;)

Can you enlighten us about the rather awesome looking replacement? Where'd you snag that beast from?
Found it on eBay £15 n free postage!

Today I got this in the post. I will probably never use it but what the hey, you never know. And it was cheap.

Chip tester as recommended and demonstrated by Clay the Pinball Ninja

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_03_05_905d1c57e1fcdd18b4a54a400a9b38ea.jpg

Here you go. There was a pinball ninja episode where he showed it working. Loads of different chips fit in there, you press the button and it either says ERR if it's busted or the number eg 2803 or 339 if all working properly.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251595585809

edit: even better, here is a video of it. @Paul @Nedreud @Pudsey pinball

(Neil: "ooooh, have we got a video?"
Vyv performs random acts of violence then Rick: "yes, and it's working perfectly so if you touch it now and it doesn't work then that means you've broken it and you have to pay")

Last edited:
This weeks haul. I think we know who's responsible for this - standard equipment for the Hants/Surrey border Gold Ball owners club! If anyones up for a Dremel this was £39 delivered on a Flubit offer.

WP_20150306_10_54_50_Pro.jpg

I have one of those but only ever used it to grind a slot into a stuck, rounded screw.

What attachment do you plan on using to polish with it?

1" felt and stitched wheels from eBay (@Nedreud help I'm out of my depth here)

Nice one @astyy! Not too much different to the DREMEL 200 I've got but the quick-release keyless chuck will be a big advantage. Changing bits on mine can be a bit of a faff.

And those are mighty big chunks of compound!

@Carl Spiby, not much more than what @astyy said. I just use 1" felt buffing wheels mostly with white finishing compound for steel, and occasionally medium green compound for the grottier parts. Same technique as using a bench polisher just on a smaller scale.

Indeed 500g compound chunks - I have in mind getting a bench grinder next

You cant beat a bench grinder. Stick a polishing wheel on one side and you have one of the best multi tools for pinball restoration you could ever wish for.

the quick-release keyless chuck will be a big advantage. Changing bits on mine can be a bit of a faff.

Have done some Dremel'ing and you're not missing much - the collar is actually just has the spanner insert which you unscrew to then manually tighten/loosen the same chuck and then screw the collar back on. So the main advantage is always having the chuck spanner (=collar) handy.

Today I received... a message from Yodel.co.uk saying they have lost a parcel addressed to me containing an ice white Whitewater boulder set, a topper dome, a TZ ramp and some plastics, and various other bits. :( The tracking shows it arrived at their depot two weeks ago, but now they can't find it. Grrrrrrr. Probably fallen down the back of the sofa or something. :tut:

I sure hope so! It came from Ministry of Pinball in The Hague and the guy who runs it is a very good bloke (as of a few weeks ago he puts flyers for Pavlov Pinball in with every order he sends out just to be nice) and switched on so I guess this will have happened before and it will get sorted out...

Anyway, worse stuff happens so hey ho.

20150314_122817.jpg

1st time its ever been on the plastic feet on base. In the back of my landy. 2.5 hrs drive home now

Back
Top Bottom