What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Synthesizer Thread

In case any of you synth geeks are interested (copied from my facebook). I have a Juno 60 to pay for. Will put in the General for sale area but can easily be missed.... ;)

Waldorf Blofeld in black. Like new with custom patches loaded. In original box with CD, manuals and USB lead. Perfect condition. £280

Roland JU-06A boutique (Juno 60/106). Bought new last year and only selling due to Juno 60 incoming. Mint condition in original box with manuals and USB power lead. £320

Korg X5D synth in great condition and fully working with custom patches loaded. Original manual included. Non original PSU but works perfectly. £200

Also have a classic analogue Roland Super JX10 for sale in very good working condition with Vecoven ROM upgrade. M64C RAM cart included. £950.

Can post all of the gear except the JX10 due to size/weight which has to be collection only. Preston area.

I've git a few bits coming up for sale too. A Novation Supernova that was actually used on two Kylie Minogue tracks on the Closer album plus a Korg Wavestation.

Been a bit quiet in our little pin/synth community lately so some pics of what's kept me busy last few months...

This DX5 was rather scabby 20210421_164304.jpg

Transformed into:

20210429_193248.jpg

Jupiter 50, JX10 & PG800 have gone (just couldn't get used to the patch/tone setup) but some other additions:

20210413_190528.jpg
20210508_140951.jpg
20210508_141037.jpg

Yes, synths are taking over pinball.... for me, a case of grab while you can as shooting up in price like pinball and much easier to pickup/ship. ;)

Anyone else with new synth toys? Found them essential therapy myself over recent lockdowns.

I've got a Mininova for fun and the occasional bit of vocoder playing with my local charity social band thing (Sunday Alternative). I also have my dad's old Polymoog which is in need of restoration but is probably beyond my abilities :)

It's infectious Mike ! Vocoders are cool.

Myself & @replicas insist you get that Polymoog repaired so you can play Vox Humana, Gary Numan style ;)

It's infectious Mike ! Vocoders are cool.

Myself & @replicas insist you get that Polymoog repaired so you can play Vox Humana, Gary Numan style ;)
I did play Cars with my dad when he first got it, that was very cool even though neither of us had any talent :)
He also had an ARP Odyssey if I remember but sold it eventually. The Polymoog had issues which I inherited after he died over 20 years ago now. Might have to be a retirement project now since I have about 12 pins to maintain at the moment.

Picked up a Micro Korg but struggling to get on with it... a bit clunky and non intuative. Need to spend some more time on it I think. It feels like a preset demo piece if you know what i mean?

Also grabbed an NTS-1 after seeing it being used recently. Bit of fun I think but was really impressed with the built in sequencer. Not built it yet, so tbc..

303d474413f1c37c945fb15e99d793ff.jpg47121b8cae9762d019a8d63c8408dc56.jpg

I did play Cars with my dad when he first got it, that was very cool even though neither of us had any talent :)
He also had an ARP Odyssey if I remember but sold it eventually. The Polymoog had issues which I inherited after he died over 20 years ago now. Might have to be a retirement project now since I have about 12 pins to maintain at the moment.
Another gem there I believe, always loved Billy Currie (Ultravox) synth solos on the Odyssey, Never had a Polymoog but understand maintenance can be difficult and constant. Hope you manage to get it up and running sometime.

Picked up a Micro Korg but struggling to get on with it... a bit clunky and non intuative. Need to spend some more time on it I think. It feels like a preset demo piece if you know what i mean?

Also grabbed an NTS-1 after seeing it being used recently. Bit of fun I think but was really impressed with the built in sequencer. Not built it yet, so tbc..

Yeah I struggled with the Microkorg too (probably due to sausage fingers) but you can get some very good results from it.

Not familiar with the NTC-1, good luck with the build... be good to see/hear.

Forgot there was different versions. If yours is the one with the Vox Humana preset, I think that's the highest valued.

Surprisingly the Polymoog Keyboard is worth more than the Polymoog Synthesizer, despite it being a stripped down product. Might be something to do with preset 1. ;)

303d474413f1c37c945fb15e99d793ff.jpg47121b8cae9762d019a8d63c8408dc56.jpg
The MicroKorg is worth persevering with. It can produce sounds WAY above its price range. Start by tweaking the presets and manipulating the modulation wheel. The presets aren’t great but they have some great mod wheel settings.
At the end of the day though it uses a matrix editing system and they are never the most straightforward to use (especially when learning to program synths).
If you want to learn to program get something that has one control per parameter. I’d recommend the Roland JU06A (@JMP was selling one). Very easy to pick up and you can visualise how the sliders are affecting the sound.

Last edited:
That's one thing about Behringer with their clones and Roland with their boutiques, keeping the hands on interface whilst maintaining low cost. Microkorg engine is good, shame they didn't release an updated version with similar hands on control.

Yeah still 3 left but the other boards don't appeal tbh. Seem like a bit of a demo gimick, but maybe the World one is best of the bunch.

Not sure what Exp E and F are for

The experience boards were included with Roland synths sold back in the day. Have patches from several boards but usually overpriced imo. Give vintage synth a try or Orchestral II, the best ones I reckon.

Ah sorry, you mean the expansion slots. They are for SRX expansions... loads more patches and waveforms and usually better quality. Pricier though.

Ah! That's good to know. I did see a few of those listed on ebay.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

One positive ive found is a very nice pad for replicating Floyd's 'Shine On' intro, I think it was the Mellotron sample.

This is a long term thing and I'm nearly there now. Got the Model D sounding perfect for the lead, feeds into a Big Sky for some slight reverb and it's mind blowingly nice. Just need some 'electricy' effects now which i can't explain better but you'll know if you listen to it.

The hardest bit is finding that sound.

Purchased a Roland Boutique JX08 just after Christmas. The Boutique’s really have come on in abilities. Sounds fantastic. That is 5 Boutiques I have now.
Bought a Fantom 06 a couple of weeks ago. Amazing Zencore sounds. The clip based sequencer is taking some getting used to though.

Back
Top Bottom