What's new

The price of pinball in 2022

Trust me if you are old enough to remember anything about the Berlin Wall then you are old 🥲. I struggle to cope with knowing people can legally vote but were born after the twin towers were destroyed 😱. One of my A level students today refused to believe there was no internet when I was at school

I feel robbed knowing songs from the 80s aren’t 20 years old but 40.

Trust me if you are old enough to remember anything about the Berlin Wall then you are old 🥲. I struggle to cope with knowing people can legally vote but were born after the twin towers were destroyed 😱. One of my A level students today refused to believe there was no internet when I was at school

Two predictions from the 80s:
1. Music would not be made anymore because computers would do it instead.
2. Computers would also do the majority of work and ordinary folk would have loads of leisure time.

No internet but we had CB radio

Last edited:
Thing that scare me, is kids today can look at the 70's as we used to look at the 20's! Where did those 50 years for FFS!

Loved CB Radio playing CB hide and seek.
Yeah, 14 a copy… Binatone, Echo mics, Silver Rods… “How many candles are you burning”
Lol….
I remember my mates handle was Ringwraith, the amount of times people said “What”……“WTF”
😂

He was a hippy looking dude, looked like Neil from The Young Ones, always smoking dope and a big Lord of the Rings fan.

Last edited:
My CB handle was Kingpin . Looking back at me as an 11 year old it now seems some lorry drivers were a bit TOO friendly

And some entertainment to ruin your morning

With prices as they are and only getting worse I keep having these moments of thinking I'm out. Sell my JP and put the money into something else. Then I have a blast on it and decide to keep it. I do think I'll bail though at some point. Maybe I'll buy a cheaper, older game and tinker with it when bored.

What tunes go on when I'm moving or collecting a pinball? Now you know!

True story this. My big brother and I love this tune as we were big Smokey and the Bandit fans as kids. We were playing this in the van on route to pick up my Tron years ago and pulling out of the services was some bloke in one of those classic American police cars from the 70's 80's, absolutely cracked us up

With prices as they are and only getting worse I keep having these moments of thinking I'm out. Sell my JP and put the money into something else. Then I have a blast on it and decide to keep it. I do think I'll bail though at some point. Maybe I'll buy a cheaper, older game and tinker with it when bored.
Where are these cheaper older games ? 😂 Glances at Robocop …..and pulls confused face 😂

I never cared for it tbh even when they were 600 but that’s just me * Tried it, sold it.

*always remember I love Popeye and Mick On A Stick , 2 of the most universally despised pinball machines in history 😄

It's that theme Grizz, too good. I'm not into it at 3 grand though 😂

It's that theme Grizz, too good. I'm not into it at 3 grand though 😂

Having had the pinbot bargain off Alan in Feb, I feel the price of that with RoboCop is a fair amount of pinball action for under £5k including all the upgrades I've done to pinbot it's still under that threshold. My wife paid over the odds for Family Guy but that was a suprise birthday present.
We have 3 Pinballs all for around the price we'd have to pay for a Stern Premium.
After having played all the recent Stern (LEs) recently in the USA, I wouldn't swap any of them for FG. GZ & AIQ were my preferences, but I certainly won't be clamouring for any of them in the near future when they're for sale or in stock. If a Tommy, Batman DE or South Park comes up for sale in 12-24 months I'll probably pay more than what people think is sane again then but that's just my taste.
If MM or ATM are ever re-run again we'd probably be prepared to pay the NIB price. But they're very special games, I don't believe the new Stern pins reach those heights in my inexperienced, naive opinion.
Cheers

Having had the pinbot bargain off Alan in Feb, I feel the price of that with RoboCop is a fair amount of pinball action for under £5k including all the upgrades I've done to pinbot it's still under that threshold. My wife paid over the odds for Family Guy but that was a suprise birthday present.
We have 3 Pinballs all for around the price we'd have to pay for a Stern Premium.
After having played all the recent Stern (LEs) recently in the USA, I wouldn't swap any of them for FG. GZ & AIQ were my preferences, but I certainly won't be clamouring for any of them in the near future when they're for sale or in stock. If a Tommy, Batman DE or South Park comes up for sale in 12-24 months I'll probably pay more than what people think is sane again then but that's just my taste.
If MM or ATM are ever re-run again we'd probably be prepared to pay the NIB price. But they're very special games, I don't believe the new Stern pins reach those heights in my inexperienced, naive opinion.
Cheers

I cannot relate to any of this post but I appreciate your insight. Cheers!

I reckon you were mobile with your mag mount and fluffy dice…. van + mattress 😃

View attachment 164622
Ha ha, I had an amp and voice changer. When I used to drive my van every night from Heathrow to Watford there was a group of people in Watford on there, I had some fun with them to waste some time. That was mid 90’s, they sounded really old😂
I had a massive aerial on the roof of the fiats I lived in and used to tell my mrs I was on the way home hence the amp☺️

Cheers

After all the hassle you had with Family Guy I'm just pleased that you're happy.

Play your machines, swap them around a bit/trade-up where necessary and enjoy yourself.

Back
Top Bottom