What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The PinJack - a game changer

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
That's quite some dollar! Looks like just a modification to a jack you can get already for 1/10th the price?

That's quite some dollar! Looks like just a modification to a jack you can get already for 1/10th the price?

I’ve heard these jack stories and indeed they all seem to be jack - have you got one of these mythical jacks then David? Share and share alike!

I tried Colin’s reversed clamp but it was way too wobbly for my liking.

for less than a couple of hundred quid for something that saves your back hands and other body parts it’s a total no brainer for me.

A good idea but what a **** way to promote a product. Wind the foot down before you release it. Made me grimace seeing the pin hit the deck that hard

A good idea but what a **** way to promote a product. Wind the foot down before you release it. Made me grimace seeing the pin hit the deck that hard

LOL I’m not promoting it - I’m promoting fellow pin heads saving their backs - and it’s fine for the game to come down like that.

I remember Cart Hardy doing the video comparing them and they're near identical, of course the one you can get for $10 needs lots of modifications most of us couldn't do. I appreciate the pinjack doing the job for us, just the price markup on pinball stuff is crazy.

LOL I’m not promoting it - I’m promoting fellow pin heads saving their backs - and it’s fine for the game to come down like that.
I didn't mean you were promoting it, I was referencing the video. It is a good idea.
Not being funny but half the pins you buy seem to have been dropped before you even get them 🫨

I didn't mean you were promoting it, I was referencing the video. It is a good idea.

Oh, I knocked the video up quickly - you know trying to help the community type video.

Not being funny but half the pins you buy seem to have been dropped before you even get them 🫨
Glad you aren't being funny because you aren't, nor are you accurate. That's 2 for 2 !

Cheers,
Neil.

I remember Cart Hardy doing the video comparing them and they're near identical, of course the one you can get for $10 needs lots of modifications most of us couldn't do. I appreciate the pinjack doing the job for us, just the price markup on pinball stuff is crazy.

Please show me the jack that's $10.

if you mean the furniture lifters that look very similar but when you get to the details are very different - I had a couple of them when I moved in to the shed, of the two that I had the first one went on game one, the second on game 4. They simply aren't make for heavy use in my view. There are about 8 different ones but from my POV they all have the same potential failure points, but try them out! I was super sceptical of these when I saw them at Expo and indeed they had one break at expo but whilst it looks like a similar design the manufacturing and details on them are wildly different.

Cheers,
Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you can put the game down more softly if you follow the instructions :D :D :D :D jack up then press the release and you slowly let it come down.

Just checked pricing for potential of a group buy, not saving unfortunately £147 ordering one or £147 ea ordering 10 albeit much faster shipping.
Even 20 and it's only a £2 saving each
Screenshot_20230406-121919.jpg

Screenshot_20230406-122042.jpg

I'll hang on until I'm in the states in a few months.

Ok I made this a few year ago it’s a motorbike jack sat underneath a wooden frame which can move a pin around my gamesroom with ease.
It can lift the whole pin from the middle or front/back for levelling.

329BDF81-6A83-4C67-92B4-DE0F6A97A346.jpeg

However one of my wood clamps does a similar job but can lift 1 or 2 legs at a time and can be used from the side of the cab to do the rear and also let’s me use it with or without my rubber feet which I don’t think that jack would.
Oh and it was a tenner.

7005661C-5C59-4345-9509-E1DD7E5C5F70.jpeg
F2A74DAE-DDCA-4386-A9E0-F8F76487966C.jpeg

Just sayin.

Please show me the jack that's $10.

if you mean the furniture lifters that look very similar but when you get to the details are very different - I had a couple of them when I moved in to the shed, of the two that I had the first one went on game one, the second on game 4. They simply aren't make for heavy use in my view. There are about 8 different ones but from my POV they all have the same potential failure points, but try them out! I was super sceptical of these when I saw them at Expo and indeed they had one break at expo but whilst it looks like a similar design the manufacturing and details on them are wildly different.

Cheers,
Neil

Only going by Cary saying they retail at $10

I'm not saying they're suitable just crazy how if something is purpose made for pinball it gets a $100+ markup.

No way that’s a game changer if you are still crawling underneath to adjust the back legs.
Drops hard and expensive, next……

However one of my wood clamps does a similar job but can lift 1 or 2 legs at a time and can be used from the side of the cab to do the rear and also let’s me use it with or without my rubber feet which I don’t think that jack would.
Oh and it was a tenner.

View attachment 198618

So I bought one of these when I saw your post - and jacked up my dialled in, when it buckled I was glad I wasn't under the game.

Neil.

No way that’s a game changer if you are still crawling underneath to adjust the back legs.
Drops hard and expensive, next……

It doesn't drop hard.

How else would you adjust the back legs?

Neil.

Oh and it was a tenner.

View attachment 198618
View attachment 198619

Just sayin.

I would like this, as someone currently off work with a protruding disc/sciatica, I don't think levelling my games has helped !

It doesn't drop hard.

How else would you adjust the back legs?

Neil.
Like I have done for years without one😂😫
You can pull out on a scissor lift if you don’t want to or can’t crawl under the pins, bit of in and out though.
It drops hard in that video, to me anyway.

Like I have done for years without one😂😫
You can pull out on a scissor lift if you don’t want to or can’t crawl under the pins, bit of in and out though.

I'll take your word for it; Not sure how you level it in place with a scissor lift though.

It drops hard in that video, to me anyway.

Yeah that was me being stupid, watch the video now :D

Here is Colin’s idea - maybe with two of them it would work but it’s super dangerous IMO

With older pins I don’t trust the bottom on I use my scissor lift with some ply or mdf on which goes under the sides of the pin so not relying on the bottom.
Jack it up get on the floor adjust legs and let down, it’s the getting on the floor and crawling under pins that is getting harder. You can pull it out to adjust back legs so you don’t need to crawl about but this will take longer.

This pinjack is the fastest way I have seen but it’s the crawling about I don’t like being a big bloke with dodgy knees😕

They aren't furniture lifters, used to help install dry lining and fire doors. There are lots of various examples available, maybe you were unlucky and got some poor ones ?

They aren't furniture lifters, used to help install dry lining and fire doors. There are lots of various examples available, maybe you were unlucky and got some poor ones ?

Are you using one?

Back
Top Bottom