What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Republic Great Herbathon - June 18th

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Neil - this is the same date as London and SE League and will, presumably, attract some of the same people?

He's not here anymore and I don't think he cares 😄
Has Neil deleted his account?! I missed this... What a drama llama he is! :eek:

[Would be nice if people running tournament/league events in the same geographical region tried to at least make an effort to coordinate... grumble, grumble]

Has Neil deleted his account?! I missed this... What a drama llama he is! :eek:

[Would be nice if people running tournament/league events in the same geographical region tried to at least make an effort to coordinate... grumble, grumble]

6 month ban a few weeks ago, don't worry most of us didn't know until word of mouth 🤣

Apparently there's always been clashes, just look at the events calendar. It's a bit rubbish, and I know Neil doesn't care about the UK league anymore, but I doubt it's personal.

Apparently there's always been clashes, just look at the events calendar. It's a bit rubbish, and I know Neil doesn't care about the UK league anymore, but I doubt it's personal.
I doubt he cares about my personal league event. I'm not that important 🤣

It's just a little bit frustrating that London/SE competitive pinball players have to choose between one event or the other. I don't know how many people would want to go to both, otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Dawn said I could move my London and SE league hosting to 2nd July, but I don't know if it's worth doing that?? Especially as I'd have to rearrange my childcare (sadly, I think the number of people in the house would be too much for my Flipper Beast)??

I just wish the dude (Neil) would stop acting like there is some kind of top-flight competitive elite league that exists independently of other competitive play. There aren't *that* many people interested in playing tournaments 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

month ban a few weeks ago, don't worry most of us didn't know until word of mouth 🤣
There's a line throug his name. I'll see if i can try to make it a little more obvious when someone is banned.....

Our Office comp on 16th April clashed with the London & South East League, and our upcoming event in June clashes with the Midlands league - I have to coordinate diaries with David, Chris and my own, as well as try and find a gap in the calendar. It's hard! I'm sure Neil has similar struggles with events and finding a suitable date with the PBR team.

On the 18th June Steve is also hosting a Foo Fighters launch party at Electric Circus - but no one is blasting him for that... :)

Isnt it best 4 out of 6 for League Meet scoring so you can afford to miss 2 of them, obvs as long as you dont need to make up for a poor performance at one.

Our Office comp on 16th April clashed with the London & South East League, and our upcoming event in June clashes with the Midlands league - I have to coordinate diaries with David, Chris and my own, as well as try and find a gap in the calendar. It's hard! I'm sure Neil has similar struggles with events and finding a suitable date with the PBR team.

On the 18th June Steve is also hosting a Foo Fighters launch party at Electric Circus - but no one is blasting him for that... :)
From what I can see Claire I think the FF one at EC is now on 11th June

It’s a real shame another London event was scheduled for a previously announced date Basically both events end up suffering. Clashing with something 2 hours away is one thing but having something within a 30 min distance is a poor decision.

No idea if it’s deliberate but the “other fish to fry” name might be a clue.

Attendance for the SE league seems very down as a result of the changes to points etc. this addition knock just seems unnecessary.

It’s a real shame another London event was scheduled for a previously announced date Basically both events end up suffering. Clashing with something 2 hours away is one thing but having something within a 30 min distance is a poor decision.

No idea if it’s deliberate but the “other fish to fry” name might be a clue.

Attendance for the SE league seems very down as a result of the changes to points etc. this addition knock just seems unnecessary.

Plus it wouldn't be the first time we've seen Neil deliberately scheduling comps against other events. I'd like to give the benefit of doubt and hope it was just a coincidence, but like you say, that naming smells fishy 🤣

Plus it wouldn't be the first time we've seen Neil deliberately scheduling comps against other events. I'd like to give the benefit of doubt and hope it was just a coincidence, but like you say, that naming smells fishy 🤣
Hopefully, he wouldn’t do that. Neil is a grown adult…

Either way, probably best I move my event - I’ve emailed Dawn.

Hi Vee, I hope that it is not too inconvenient to move the event, but understand that you may still go ahead regardless, which is fair given that your lovely and generous offer of hospitality should be respected.

I really appreciate and am grateful for all who host, such a shame when clashes occur, even though yours was scheduled first!!

Hope to meet you soon :thumbs:

To be honest not making a decision one way of the other is probably the worst outcome for everyone. Especially for Vee.

We’re a week and a half away from the announced date. I suspect it’s not going to go ahead based upon this thread but according to the league info it’s still on for the original date 🤷

I’d be fuming to be placed in this situation. Vee’s been kind enough to open her house and let people play her games and this is what happens.

The less notice people get about changes the harder it is to fit stuff into calendars.

To be honest not making a decision one way of the other is probably the worst outcome for everyone. Especially for Vee.

We’re a week and a half away from the announced date. I suspect it’s not going to go ahead based upon this thread but according to the league info it’s still on for the original date 🤷

I’d be fuming to be placed in this situation. Vee’s been kind enough to open her house and let people play her games and this is what happens.

The less notice people get about changes the harder it is to fit stuff into calendars.
I've asked Dawn to move the event, but she hasn't got back to me to confirm 😭

Moving the date has the added advantage that we may have a sixth working pin by then.

From my experience of running the league for almost 10 years, unless anything has changed in the meantime, communication and speed of response is not one of Dawn's strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom