What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Good work guys. Do you intend to release in podcast form so podcast aps can find it?

Possibly I might batch upload them retrospectively mate. Each one takes about 3 hours to record, edit, render then upload. I just need to find the extra time where possible.

It will always go out on YouTube first though purely because I have everything already set up from the day job and also I do like to incorporate video footage where possible.

I believe if you have YouTube premium it allows you to use it as a podcast.

Just watched the latest episode with Neil, great viewing 😃
wow, what a place Neil has there, those machines 😍
althougn I’m yet to by my first pin, would love to get involved in a comp like that, but seems like I live in the wrong part of the country, is there anything like that, that happens over in east anglia ?

althougn I’m yet to by my first pin, would love to get involved in a comp like that, but seems like I live in the wrong part of the country, is there anything like that, that happens over in east anglia ?
Best bet for EA is Swavesey, which is usually held around July, although nothing like Neil's comp

I'm in Suffolk so not far from you, there doesn't seem to be much around here, although I know there's quite a few collections and players in East Anglia. The league that covers this area (South East + London) seems to hold meets around London and nothing in East Anglia. Like Wayne says, Swavesy is the best bet but it's a small event compared to Neils and other comps as far as I'm aware.
I hope to run mini comps someday but probably a year or more away at the rate i'm going.

I've not got involved in the leagues yet, but I do wonder if there could be another region added that covers East Anglia.... sometime. As i'd be happy to host one of the meets. @Wayne J as you're the coordinator, is that something that could happen in future? or is the number of regions a set number?

I'm in Suffolk so not far from you, there doesn't seem to be much around here, although I know there's quite a few collections and players in East Anglia. The league that covers this area (South East + London) seems to hold meets around London and nothing in East Anglia. Like Wayne says, Swavesy is the best bet but it's a small event compared to Neils and other comps as far as I'm aware.
I hope to run mini comps someday but probably a year or more away at the rate i'm going.

I've not got involved in the leagues yet, but I do wonder if there could be another region added that covers East Anglia.... sometime. As i'd be happy to host one of the meets. @Wayne J as you're the coordinator, is that something that could happen in future? or is the number of regions a set number?
even finding pinballs in the wild, Norfolk is scarce
there are only a handful in the arcades, 2 in Hunstanton, which are in a bad way and virtually unplayable . There was a ghostbusters and Star Wars in Yarmouth, but now gone as arcade got took over.
so to get my fix it’s either flipout or electric circus, both are a 6 hour round trip.
I have a dream of opening a pinball arcade in Norwich, with 10 to 15 tables, but not sure if it would work/ be viable, but it’s something I’d love to do, as I’m sure there would be a demand for it

I have thought about changing the regions, or even adding others. The problem with having an EA region is there simply wouldn't be enough people, workplaces to host.
The problem with changing the regions is that so many people go to the meetings to see friends, rather than the comp, they'd travel a further distance rather than going to the closest if they knew fewer people.

Theres nothing stopping you becoming a host for the SE region though.

you also don't have to play the region you live in. So it might work better for you to goto midlands depending on where they are hosted but you can only score points in one region.

Episode 13

Massive thanks to @Neil McRae not only for the video but also the access which is incredibly helpful.

Another great episode @Gonzo !

Interesting to hear you both talk about nerves too - I had really terrible nerves at the Domino Arcade event. Like you @Neil McRae I give lots of presentations at work (to 100s rather than 10,000s!) without any trouble - so I hadn't expected to get so nervous! Despite knowing it was just for fun and not wanting to take it seriously, somehow I just couldn't calm down and I felt like I played much worse than usual! I found myself forgetting basic stuff I usually do automatically and I had been worrying that maybe I shouldn't do match play comps in future. So, thank you for discussing this - I'm glad this has happened to others and that I should hopefully feel less anxious next time!

Another great podcast Chris with Collin,
he’s a rum Turkey sat there drinking his can of Stella, ( fantastic). What a nice guy he is, very very passionate about pinball and the finer things in life ( again pinball ha )
Well done guys very entertaining 👍

Wow what a collection! Slightly disappointed with a title Through The Keyhole that you didn't give us your finest Loyd Grossman impression @Gonzo.

Wow what a collection! Slightly disappointed with a title Through The Keyhole that you didn't give us your finest Loyd Grossman impression @Gonzo.

😂 Nobody needs to hear that mate.

I have made a few individual videos too including a close look at G&R, CV & Mando. Also there is a video detailing @CHRIS B PINBALLS work on the Whitewater.

Great video, to see those classics, done to that spec was just total eye candy for me, I forgot how many times I said wow to myself watching that. 😍

Another great video @Jmac and @Gonzo

Some of John’s comments about certain games really resonated with me (GOT etc.).

However, one complaint.........You mention a BBQ House full of Arcades and then don’t go there..........Teases!

Wow, that Whitewater is amazing! and what's even more amazing is it's my old machine! :oops:. I would say it was a players machine at best when it left me in May 2020. You could probably say it's a triggers broom situation though as I'm sure there's not much of my original machine left :rofl:. Awesome work @CHRIS B PINBALLS!.

Wow, that Whitewater is amazing! and what's even more amazing is it's my old machine! :oops:. I would say it was a players machine at best when it left me in May 2020. You could probably say it's a triggers broom situation though as I'm sure there's not much of my original machine left :rofl:. Awesome work @CHRIS B PINBALLS!.
I played that as well! Was in good original condition, you wouldn’t recognise it now though😂

Great chinwag guys, its addictive listening.

@Gonzo I had the same feeling as you about the upper left flipper in Godzilla. It seems to me (I have watched the whole stream) that the right ramp isn't makeable with that flipper. Which I think is a real shame, as I thought that was genius on AIQ. I hope I'm wrong and it can be done, but I don't think so. There is however another shot with that upper left flipper which is amazing. Keith cashed in a 40m+ Jackpot shot at one point in his big game after making a bunch of loops and then hitting the lower little loop around Mechagodzilla, it's a very late shot from that top flipper and looks amazing.

The other thing that I'm intrigued by that I've not seen anyone mention is the gap above that upper left flipper. Because of that gap and because it doesn't roll down the sidewall each time, it's going to be slightly different each time, I can see that being something tricky to master. Keith made it look easy, but I feel like its not going to be, certainly much harder than looping on Maiden for example. I think it's going to be something that lots of people talk about once machines are out there

Back
Top Bottom