What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress The Phantom Of The Opera Mini Shop Log

This is how far I am so far

55e87b7721b4fde6eca8071da32e47f1.jpg

Also trying to fix this mess ready for when I reinstate the correct wireform

d1850e4f18b9e1fb62d1c07e29cd08ba.jpg

I dont know what the hell im doing wrong, is there a knack to fitting the magic mirror spring? my photo of that area is crap so cant really see. Even found a pic from pinside but again you cant really see how it is. I put it on how i thought it looked in pics but it does nothing

Anyone got any tips on cleaning up oxidised wireforms?

You can see the half I’ve polished out not great but a lot better than it was

e05cadf6a9d07a324597145016c892fe.jpg

I have not done it - but I imagine that a small dremel tool would be best... I considered buying one for that very reason...

I did actually do that after I took this pic. Still not perfect but a lot better than the oxidation. You should get a dremel I bought a 4000 set the other day week for my other work awesome tool. Used it on this machine a few times

Also fixed the back box lock the little arm but had been put on upside down so you couldn’t even use it. Which would be why the back glass fell out when me and Martin unfolded it.

Also replaced all the speakers the main cab one was ripped in half due to what looks like something ripping through the grill and the back box ones had totally rotted no idea how it made any sounds. Speaker panel was sent off so it could be @newforestpinball guinea pig for aftermarket speakers. So if you need aftermarket ones for this style of DE Keith now has a solution.

dc46ed80617ecba1849c22856f07bc62.jpg

Spot the difference....

So fired it up tonight got the usual few switches that need adjusting. The organ was still sticking. So took the ramp back off and did abit of tweaking to the organ “oooer”. Then I discovered another issue, which I think is the reason the 2 flasher holders and the wiring had been removed. I think there is some kind of mounting bracket missing because the 3 organ targets fowl the flasher holders. The top of the organ where the flashers are has 4 mounting holes but there is only 2 mounting points on the organ walls, the plot thickens.
Does anyone know what is missing and more importantly does anyone have one?

89c59e89102e9662da3ed153688af9f8.jpg

Oh it has got that page I was expecting a pic of the organ. Got all them bits but it don’t show the top part with the flashers on

So I’ve got all switches working now apart from one organ target and I think that’s because I refoamed them so just needs adjusting and 1 of the left stand ups is ultra sensitive so need to adjust that.

Only 2 probs I’ve not managed to suss out yet is one of the pop bumpers isn’t firing. The coil has good resistance, the upper switch (that the yoke activates) is working but the one the spoon closes is not. So not sure what’s going on there.

And there seems to be something weird going on with the trough. All the trough switches work. I think it is to do with the trough kick out. The ball seems to get stuck there so it don’t know it should be kicking a ball out. But I can’t figure out what is actually wrong the mech looks ok

So had another fiddle with the trough I can’t get my head around it. All the trough switches work, the trough eject mech works when it wants to. It will kick out ball 1 when u start a game but won’t kick out any further ones unless u move the balls urself then it decides to kick out. I’m sure it’s to do with the kicker arm sticking up abit and the balls sitting behind it rather than going over it. But I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Any ideas guys?

Back
Top Bottom