What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete The Party Zone

Mooseman

Site Supporter
IMG_3792.jpg
Recently picked this up from the forum, thanks @deathrow
Cab looks in nice condition and not really too faded. Missing a lockdown bar and filthy dirty, has been home and food for some mice we think.

Attachments

• IMG_3793.jpg
    IMG_3793.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 4
We have a few burnt connectors on the GI, we have some eaten wires and connectors from the switch matrix and even the power cord has been attacked.
IMG_3804.JPG IMG_3805.JPG IMG_3803.JPG IMG_3812.jpg

First job strip of stuff from the playfield, I like to use my phone and take lots of pics, I write the steps of removal down and I bag each step up as I go. I dont clean anything I take of yet but I do take a note if anything need replacing so i can get my orders off.
New plast from arounf capt b zarr needed. They seem to be in short supply, but available at the moment. Ive ordered a new plastic and a protection plastic for it too.
IMG_3813.jpg
The yellow target switch is beyond it life span I would say, so 2 new ones on order and an orange one in the same state for left ramp entrance.

Looking pretty stripped now. I dont take every post or embedded metal off but clean them in situ.
IMG_3863.jpg IMG_3864.jpg

Looks good... you going for a deep clean or just a mini shop?

Well its getting a bit more than a damp rag. I will strip it back as far as I need to clean everything. I dont have a tumbler so tend to clean screws, posts etc with a fibre stick, they are great tools.
Im just after a clean working machine as my goal

Ive not taken a clean playfield shot atm but it has come up well. Today Ive been changing idc connector for molex crimp type The first time Ive done this. Went quite well, but I am an electrician so should be cable of operating a ratchet crimper.
IMG_3874.jpg IMG_3875.jpg IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3876.jpg IMG_3878.jpg

J115 is in need of some new header pins, so have ordered from RS thanks @Wizcat for your handy guide on here. I will also need some .100 size crimps and housings for the switch connectors.

Took the ball trough apart for cleaning today too. One of the ball guides has a snapped leg. Ive screwed it to a piece of wood to enable correct alignment when its re welded.
IMG_3879.jpg IMG_3880.jpg

Pop that in the post to me and I'll weld that for you if you like? No charge of course :thumbs:

Shocked at how fast you are getting through this :-o

Thanks for the offer but i have welders at my dissposal at work. They will soon tack it up while i attack the black water lock down bar with the shot blaster lol

No problem mate, Sounds like you have all the toys you need at your disposal. Going to keep an eye on this thread :thumbs:

Lovely work so far Mooseman. This has to be one of my favourite pins so it's great to seeing it getting so much TLC. Was gutted not to be in a position to buy myself but needs must and all that.

Looking a bit cleaner. Not applied any wax yet. My .100 pins arrived today so can get on with that now and a new rocket plastic that was missing. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice and Sparkly there Mister Moose :) Do they do some kind of cliffy protector for the VUK (the one that looks like it has a pint of beer next to it)...???

Shiny shiny , looks like all that muck was hiding a great condition playfield.
Looks like it's going to turn out peachy.

Im not sure if they do a cliffy for that vuk ive not looked yet. It doesnt look too worn for 20yrs plus its actually hidden from view during play. I will look into it

Heated up each pin individually then pull out with pliers, They tend to come out quite easily.
IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.jpg
Holes 10 - 12 have some major damage with missing traces. I have some copper foil for making decorative stained glass and it has adhesive on one side so Ive stuck down new traces and soldered them to the old.

The back is missing copper completely. I will make three traces for anchor points but the solder must pass through the holes in the board as it electrically connects on the front side.
IMG_3909.JPG IMG_3910.JPG IMG_3911.JPG

J115 should now be ok. Ive tested continuity for those 3 bad traces and also insulation between each pin to check for shorts, ie solder bridging the gaps.
IMG_3912.JPG

Ta daz. Me and @TYHO will have chips n a brew weds and then i can power it up and see whats what before the rebuild

Back
Top Bottom