What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Looks good, but not a day 1 for me, will see how it plays and conclusions after people have owned it a while and launch halo.

Very much in the ‘jolly’ camp I have to say I prefer darker/music themes but it looks nice enough. $:£ rate makes it a heavy investment for an LE, I’d want the 2nd play field even if in reality like the AC/DC one, it’s shallow and more of a gimmick.

All in all should do well given popularity of Addams and Monstet bash - suits the demographic well.

I’d want the 2nd play field even if in reality like the AC/DC one, it’s shallow and more of a gimmick.

I actually quite liked the lower playfield on AC/DC - it uses full size balls and is quite satisfying to shoot and loop. The mini playfield on Family Guy that uses the same mini flippers and mini balls isn’t half as fun, there’s no weight to the balls and it got boring fast. I know some like it but it’s very different to the AC/DC lower playfield.

Agreed, the mini playfield looks great and I was initially very impressed but then realized it was the tiny flippers and tiny balls just like Stewie pinball. It just won't feel like pinball, more like an actual childrens toy.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It’s a shame, when people were comparing it to Haunted House before the reveal it got my hopes up for a proper lower playfield.

I think the prem looks pants - B&W but coloured lighting - I just dont get it!! PRO for me but not rushing in I want to play it first before I do anything.

EDIT forgot to say PRO artwork best by miles

Looks fun, but not too bothered by it.

Good of Stern to keep the coloured GI effects on all models though, not just the Prem/LE.

I notice the entry price for a Pro is up another £100 too. £6,495 > £6,595.

...wonder which themes are next for Stern to attract new & younger audiences? My money's on Mister Ed, Bewitched, the Beverly Hillbillies or even a remake of Lost in Space (the original series). That'll keep the kids happy.

So I think I'm out on this title. The more I look at it, they have put a pro upper playfield on it to pay for the premium lower playfield. There's nothing particularly interesting about the design, it's not a dream theme and I reckon it'll get old fast.
Lastly I need to pay 10 FREAKING GRAND to get a featured game in colour. Whilst I can pay a grand less and get something that looks good by itself but is going to stick out in a collection (and I had Centaur).
I just can't justify paying 1/4 of my yearly wage on this.

NEXT!

Look forward to playing one, looks fun
But that B/W Prem is marmite..... Not my thing at all

Just shows how important theme is, as Munsters doesn't do anything for me so hard to get excited.

Art packages are stunning though.

LCD - makes dmd games look more and more dated.

Lower p/f - didn't like the small balls on FG so not excited about this one.

LE's - Stern have already sold out. ( Can still get from some distributors ).

Scoring seems to be much lower on this title.

Stern are still way ahead of the competition with hype, reveal, production line, rinse, repeat.

Perhaps it was supposed to be "Offal" :)

Premium being the one that is black & white seems a bit strange to me. if you want the lower playfield you have to get either a B&W pin which you might not have an affinity for, or go all in on an LE. Would seem to have made more sense for the LE to be the B&W one, or for the Pro to also have the lower playfield.

Not really feeling it.

The layout to me seems incredibly similar to Metallica, the main difference being the lower playfield which as others have pointed out seems a bit toylike. Even deadflip and Co didn't seem to be incredibly enthused during the stream.

And its the Munsters. Almost like the Beatles stole all the licensing budget for the year and this was all that was left.

Having said that, the art, colours and code are impressive. The sound I think could get grating after a while.

Sorry to be that guy but just not jazzed at all about this one. Jazz level low. Maybe actually playing it will be a better experience.

1st impressions for me are very positive! I love the theme and the sound package but as someone stated earlier it’s a bit Marmite on the LE v Premium. I personally think the B&W is the better looking as the Colour inserts will just pop and that should have been in the LE. In fact I reckon this was was probably considered at some point.
So here’s an easy fix! Buy both the LE & Premium then swap PFs and have 2 sought after and unique pins. Job done :thumbs:

Only problem I have is finding money for one of em :hmm:

Never knew people were chomping at the bit for The Munsters. I remember it being on TV but don't recall it being huge to the point where I remember any of the episodes.

Would people eat up anything remotely nostalgic that Stern decide to crank out? Is it simply a case of "ooh shiny new thing" ? Were people talking about how it would be great if someone made a Munsters pin? It seems like once it was sortof announced people were falling over themselves to rave about it but before that - not a peep.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
I remember it always being on TV growing up, it's recognisable/nostalgic but more importantly I think it's a really cool theme that fits in with my idea of pinball. It's quirky and a bit odd. It's got those elements of humour like Deadpool and Batman with the horror styling of games like Monster Bash, Addams, Scared Stiff which I think work well.

1st impressions for me are very positive! I love the theme and the sound package but as someone stated earlier it’s a bit Marmite on the LE v Premium. I personally think the B&W is the better looking as the Colour inserts will just pop and that should have been in the LE. In fact I reckon this was was probably considered at some point.
So here’s an easy fix! Buy both the LE & Premium then swap PFs and have 2 sought after and unique pins. Job done :thumbs:

Only problem I have is finding money for one of em :hmm:

I would be ok with that if someone wants to swap there pf and bg , black and white dont suit me

I remember it always being on TV growing up, it's recognisable/nostalgic but more importantly I think it's a really cool theme that fits in with my idea of pinball. It's quirky and a bit odd. It's got those elements of humour like Deadpool and Batman with the horror styling of games like Monster Bash, Addams, Scared Stiff which I think work well.

What I don't understand is why modern pinball manufacturers always feels the need to piggyback on some dodgy licence. The gaming industry doesn't feel the need to do this anymore.. so why does pinball?

What I don't understand is why modern pinball manufacturers always feels the need to piggyback on some dodgy licence. The gaming industry doesn't feel the need to do this anymore.. so why does pinball?

Because when they don't we end up with something themed on mobile phones and emojis :rofl:

I like the look of the pro myself. I think the artwork best and the playfield has everything except the mini playfield. These mini ball and flipper playfields can get old pretty quick but thats probably just me. Good to see everything else on the pro is included (playfield wise)

Being a kid growing up in the 80s, themes i'd like to see are:

The A-Team
Knight Rider
AirWolf
Mysterious Cities Of Gold
Quantum Leap

Not sure if they would all make great games, but still. and i still want a jaws pin to

:)

video gaming industry strong, rest of industry weak...

M.A.S.K, G1 Transformers, He-Man, Visionairies, a proper Ninja Turtles.... 80's cartoons seem like an absolute open goal licence to me

I'd love to see a He-Man pinball...

Retro themes
I'd like to see

He-man
G1 Transformars
Goonies
Blues Brothers
Willy Wonka (JJP)
Godzilla

I'd really like to see Dutch Pinball sort their issues out so Big Lebowski gets properly produced! Otherwise I'm moving into @JustLikeMe house :p

Loving the Marvel pinballs coming out of Stern...

I'd like to see a Harry Potter pin

Back
Top Bottom