What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Dude unless you're like 15, you're too old for Fast and the Furious
32 and certainly not to old for Fast & Furious, great fun popcorn movies, every release since the 5th I’ve gone with my son and my mates with their sons of similar ages.

And they are always packed, might not be the popular opinion around here but at some point pinball needs a licence or 2 that’s going to attract and bring in new blood, I have non pinhead friends who are heavily into various motorsports scenes/hobby’s who would seriously consider a F&F pin.

32 and certainly not to old for Fast & Furious, great fun popcorn movies, every release since the 5th I’ve gone with my son and my mates with their sons of similar ages.

And they are always packed, might not be the popular opinion around here but at some point pinball needs a licence or 2 that’s going to attract and bring in new blood, I have non pinhead friends who are heavily into various motorsports scenes/hobby’s who would seriously consider a F&F pin.

I stopped watching them after Tokyo drift what a load of dog toffee

I heard Stern tried to sort Fast and Furious some time ago but negotiations fell through, although this was around the time they where being cheap asses so money could have been the issue. John Wick could be fairly cheap to make licence can’t be hugely expensive and the game doesn’t need to be overly complex, something like Ironman that’s constantly fighting you would fit the theme perfectly.

Licences seem to be getting more and more disappointing with each release, BM66 had a sentimental nostalgia which made that a winner but other than that there hasn’t been a knock your socks off licence/game combo in ages.

SW is a turd! GOTG is another great licence but a turd of a game. JJP is one disappointing licence after another and Spooky has been a continual letdown, where’s the classic horror licences from Spooky - Halloween, Friday the 13th, SAW (could be a phenomenal licence for mechs and toys) Scream, Nightmare on Elm St, Hellraiser, Poltergeist the list is endless.
Is there any game you do like ? sorry have to disagree jjp , stern and little spooky do their best but you cant please them all !! id be interested to know how many of the pins you have actually played ?

Is there any game you do like ? sorry have to disagree jjp , stern and little spooky do their best but you cant please them all !! id be interested to know how many of the pins you have actually played ?
Yep I like plenty of games from Stern, I own 8 newer Sterns. And I wouldn’t comment on how good a game is or isn’t if I haven’t played it, stating a licence sucks though is personal taste.

Stating the obvious here, but all the best games transcend the theme. One of my favourite games is Diner - the aim of which is to make sure everyone gets their food on time. I mean cmon.

Yep I like plenty of games from Stern, I own 8 newer Sterns. And I wouldn’t comment on how good a game is or isn’t if I haven’t played it, stating a licence sucks though is personal taste.
sorry i dont agree !! how can you comment on so many pins when you have never played them ? spooky pinball machines are great and so are the others manufacturers
your talking crap !!

sorry i dont agree !! how can you comment on so many pins when you have never played them ? spooky pinball machines are great and so are the others manufacturers
your talking crap !!

I commented on the games i have played then specifically “licences” when I mentioned spooky. Might want to check your crap filter.

I always wonder why they don’t explore more Video Game licences. I know they didn’t get them right before (I loved my SFII though), but imagine JJP doing a Halo Pinball or The Legend of Zelda! Even a MARIO or Sonic!

I know for a fact that they would sell well!

I always wonder why they don’t explore more Video Game licences. I know they didn’t get them right before (I loved my SFII though), but imagine JJP doing a Halo Pinball or The Legend of Zelda! Even a MARIO or Sonic!

Mario already has two pins, and they were both pants by all reports (disclaimer: haven't played either)

Wasn't mushroom World designed with smaller legs with the view of it being more accessible to littluns?

Yeah, I played the regular version and it is pretty bad. Yeah, the Mushroom Kingdom version is a small table, that you can use with reduced and regular legs.

I just think with LED screens now, it would really suit the Video Game theme. I would go for a Halo.......without hesitation!

My other dream theme would be Harry Potter, but I ve heard there are issues. JJP would again do the best job with this licence!

I think 2/3/4 of Fast sucked but it picked up well in 6/7/8 - perhaps a bit far fetched but great entertainment.

And remember where you first heard of Bond :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When it comes to companies releasing your 'dream' licence, the trouble is that Stern won't do it justice. Even though the prices are eye watering to me, i would prefer JJP to make my dream theme game. Having said that, i am yet to really bond with any of their games so maybe not.

If only i had the skills to do it myself!

I would normally agree with you Matt but Batman 66 was a dream license for me and I think Stern absolutely smashed it!

JJP I think would do a busy and loaded game - but a game with the depth and fun of B66 or IMDN? Not sure.

In my view since I got (back) into pinball roughy two years ago we are spoilt for choice with great games and you can’t own them all! With more
Competition and next 18 months should be fantastic.

... except for the theme. Who under 40 has any idea of The Munsters ? I'm heading towards 50 and I feel it wasn't exactly my generations thing
I'm 31 and definitely remember it. It's original final episode might have been recorded late 60s, but it was still getting re-runs all the time when I was a kid. Same with a lot of shows back then.

I would normally agree with you Matt but Batman 66 was a dream license for me and I think Stern absolutely smashed it!

JJP I think would do a busy and loaded game - but a game with the depth and fun of B66 or IMDN? Not sure.

In my view since I got (back) into pinball roughy two years ago we are spoilt for choice with great games and you can’t own them all! With more
Competition and next 18 months should be fantastic.

Quick correction.
Stern did not smash BM66 at all.
Lyman did;)
Talk about saving a game!

I'm 31 and definitely remember it. It's original final episode might have been recorded late 60s, but it was still getting re-runs all the time when I was a kid. Same with a lot of shows back then.
Ah ok interesting. In all honesty I have watched little TV in the last 30 years. I guess in the world of thousands of channels and the Internet everything is playing somewhere 24 hours a day [emoji16]

It still strikes me as a theme that is far more recognizable to an older crowd.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

The kids only know TAF from the film repeats (and the pin of course!), never seen the original programs.

If you don’t think FATF is a doable theme, go watch 3 episodes of the munsters and tell me if you think it’s good - it hasn’t aged well, it lasted only two seasons. I bet if it was not already listed and I said munsters as a theme nobody would think that’s a great idea. Who here on this forum can hand on heart say that munsters was their dream theme?!

This will have been a cheap license for sure. Unless a miracle happens on code this game is going to be scary from a onwards sale POV and given the current code version is at 0.90 that puts me off a lot - so much so I’ve held of buying the game. As with every game go play it.

And remember the core reason it was cancelled! HOLY BATMAN in colour which is undoubtably the better programme - A bit like the pinball versions now :) I’m hoping for the best on code but after playing ghostbusters most of this morning ahead of our league meet I’m not sure if waiting three years for a finished game is something I want to do again. Themes are important in pinball but the ball and flippers, the gameplay is where it’s at, my top three games are themes that don’t really excite me but the game is so good it makes those issues go away.

Neil

There are $3.9B reasons why that’s a good idea, clearly people like it.

Ahh yes of course. If a franchise is popular in the mainstream then it directly translates to it being a successful pinball machine.

If you don’t think FATF is a doable theme, go watch 3 episodes of the munsters and tell me if you think it’s good - it hasn’t aged well, it lasted only two seasons. I bet if it was not already listed and I said munsters as a theme nobody would think that’s a great idea. Who here on this forum can hand on heart say that munsters was their dream theme?!

This will have been a cheap license for sure. Unless a miracle happens on code this game is going to be scary from a onwards sale POV and given the current code version is at 0.90 that puts me off a lot - so much so I’ve held of buying the game. As with every game go play it.

And remember the core reason it was cancelled! HOLY BATMAN in colour which is undoubtably the better programme - A bit like the pinball versions now :) I’m hoping for the best on code but after playing ghostbusters most of this morning ahead of our league meet I’m not sure if waiting three years for a finished game is something I want to do again. Themes are important in pinball but the ball and flippers, the gameplay is where it’s at, my top three games are themes that don’t really excite me but the game is so good it makes those issues go away.

Neil

FATF probably wouldn't be a top seller as Stern's target demographic are too old.
But, it would attract new players on location for sure.
You can't make 10 movies of basically the same thing, if the audience numbers aren't massive!

No guarantee Kel for sure but there are as many themes that did well that did crap IMO, usually but not always depends on quality of the game.

ghostbusters not the best game but epic theme smashed it on sales and does better than just about any other modern game on location. Walking dead / GoT both great games but didn’t do well in either situations, but pinheads love them.

Focus on a great game overlay the theme well and you get the best of both worlds. Have you see the movie brewsters millions? Just think what $3.9B would look like as a pile of money... if the game is good I’d buy it.

Back
Top Bottom