What's new

The London Pinball Championships!!

I am very pleased to announce that we now have Pistonhead Beer and Briska Cider supporting the LPC! This will result in more drinks promotions available throughout the two days and more prizes and give aways for each player. We have also updated the website, please ensure that your national flag is correct and use the contact page if it needs amending.

With all the beer promotor's there is going to be more drinking done than pinball being played.
Not that drinking beer is a bad thing.

We are extending the entry period to see if we can reach 100 entrants! (95 so far) So if you want to come along and haven't yet, now is your last chance to enter. I have today picked up a T2, RFM and Counter Force (I doubt too many will have played before) generously on loan from a community member, which means there may have to be a couple more in the downstairs bar!

Don't fancy the idea of taking a RFM downstairs, that's a seriously heavy machine!

Top tip if you ever have to assemble an RFM or SWEP1 yrself ......get a buddy to help !! The backbox/monitor is INSANELY heavy. I couldn't wait for help and did it myself once .....bad move , I'm not a weakling but damn I only just got this lifted and a corner resting on the cab enough that I didn't drop the whole thing :scared:- seriously amazed I didn't injure myself or damage the bloody thing. Felt physically sick after the exertion :rolleyez:

We are now SOLD OUT!! I can't believe it, now to get everything together in time!!!

Matt did you get my MSG on yahoo regarding straps? Let me know if they would be suitable and I might be able to get one of my minions to make some

There will now be a TOTAN, Fireball, Cyclone and No Fear added to the machine list, things are taking shape!!

Well I've finally set up WCS with pedal controls, its actually great fun! The only trouble is my shins are starting to ache!

Just sent off some pins with Matt. Time machine , mr and mrs pacman , escape from lost world, riverboat gambler, and the luscious Dolly Parton are all on their way for the classics.

Just sent off some pins with Matt. Time machine , mr and mrs pacman , escape from lost world, riverboat gambler, and the luscious Dolly Parton are all on their way for the classics.

ooh, some of those aren't even on the official games list :D
LPC games.jpg

i've been busy too, getting some of my babies ready: restart disabled, tilt on medium, outlanes half open, 3 balls, no extra balls, tournament mode, highscores reset, glass polished, bulbs checked, ratchet-strapped and pallet-wrapped, with separate bags for balls, bolts, power cord and keys, and a glare guard wrapped up with the legs. one more to do tomorrow morning.

pins for LPC.jpg

i had that fancy under-cab lighting on my MB, and thought about trying to keep it on, but it's too prone to damage. as it is, i'm gonna need to reattach a couple of blu-tacked on bits and bobs.

see you all there on Saturday, i'll be the bloke with a baby strapped to his belly

Yes but the flip side is that some of those on the official list won't be there. :-(. Pharaoh and radical didn't make it.

****ing stupid hobby. Just spent the last couple of hours trying to break down some machines. 2 down, 5 to go - grrrrr

Looking forward to Sat

****ing stupid hobby. Just spent the last couple of hours trying to break down some machines. 2 down, 5 to go - grrrrr

Looking forward to Sat

But believe me, all your hard work (and that of everyone else sorting out machines for the weekend) will be hugely appreciated by us all!!

Looking forward to Sat

2 in 2 hours John ???? You're not trying :p

Seriously though ...hats off to those busting their balls right now to make this happen. I have been there myself, packing up 8 machines in the Grizz shack on my own for the first Slam, hauling them up the garden , on an icy January morning, nearly go ass over *** into the border ....I feel yr pain !

I can't make it for the weekend unfortunately 😢, tiny chance I may make an appearance on Sunday .

Have a great one guys - and again well done Matt and crew ☮️

Stupid sodding cats have now decided to run all over the glass and leave large muddy footprints. Tempted to trap one inside the coin door.....

Almost there! Poor Matt's work is just going to start in 24 hours....

Can I publicly say that I hope this is the massive event Matt so richely deserves. I really would have hoped to partake but other commitments have meant I can't even get close tomorrow. So to every one going, have a great time. ;)

Only 9 weeks until my wedding and then I can think about doing other stuff on my days off.

Indeed. I won't be there but I wish Matt and all participants the very best of luck and a lot of smooth, trouble free fun over the weekend.

I hope this weekend stands out as a testament to British pinball players and really gets this tournament on the map.
Best of luck all y'all :party: Looking forward to hearing the reports.

He left mine last night around midnight with pinball magic, RFM & a monopoly

Only 9 weeks until my wedding and then I can think about doing other stuff on my days off.

So you really think a wife is going to let you do more pinball related stuff on days off than a girlfriend does?!? Gonna be a steep learning curve in 10 weeks time.... :drama:

I can live in hope. She is a good girl.
After the honeymoon, I can start building the another extension on the house...:eyebrows:

Indeed. I won't be there but I wish Matt and all participants the very best of luck and a lot of smooth, trouble free fun over the weekend.

I hope this weekend stands out as a testament to British pinball players and really gets this tournament on the map.
Best of luck all y'all :party: Looking forward to hearing the reports.

Would also like to echo my wishes of good luck and hope you all have a great tourny.
Have fun and drink loads of beer.

Hope it goes well Matt and co , I know only to well what a monumental task it is to put on something like this, and hope you get a chance to enjoy the day.... looks like its going to be awesome. I am trying to send my wife back on the train sunday after tomorrows gig of all gigs and if successful will see you there.

Good luck dude

Will

Back
Top Bottom