What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Well, after 18 months of trying, finally managed to dislodge @robotgreg from the GC position on TWD, just a shame it wasn't me! I've been getting closer with a few 400M scores but Josh has moved the bar some way up!

Think I need to get something new that Josh doesn't know so I can get back on the board on my own machines!

TWD GC.jpg

Well, after 18 months of trying, finally managed to dislodge @robotgreg from the GC position on TWD, just a shame it wasn't me! I've been getting closer with a few 400M scores but Josh has moved the bar some way up!

Think I need to get something new that Josh doesn't know so I can get back on the board on my own machines!

You better get swotting up then... :thumbs:

What was your total score with that CBM? I've had games where CMB makes up about 80% of my score

I've found CB is all about managing the six balls, ramps are key shots and tough to hit with all balls in play. If you can hit those early then the rest of the shots mostly happen whilst flailing, often best to drain a few balls to clear the shots you need to make.

Ended up with 1.4B, so didn't even make it onto the high score board for that.

I was three shots from Immolation and judging by how Josh has done when he's got there, that's the really big scorer on Guardians

Got myself a TWD in from, @Rob zombie today. Never played it before, just set it up and had a few games

IMG_4540.JPG

Had all multi-kills going at once, played Horde (for a depressing 23 mil).

Activated Riot as the final mode but drained.

This is what normally happens, I get a new machine, immediately set quite a good score on it (I think this is quite a good score?) which I then struggle to beat for the next 3 months.

Was great fun though, I 've switching it off now to quit whilst I'm ahead :)

Not a high score, but I managed to get all the Fellowship across the bridge & kill the Balrog for the first time today (but sod all else - didn't even get to put my name up).

Nice one! That's always an epic moment. Do you have a shaker in your machine? It's one of the only events which really fires it up - love it!

Erm - not sure TBH (too chuffed to pay attention) - don't think so - Barad-Dur makes a lot of fuss when hit, and there's a lot of banging when I destroy the ring, but I think it's just coils firing. Would it be mounted on the base of the cabinet, if so, I can't see it?

Not a high score, but I managed to get all the Fellowship across the bridge & kill the Balrog for the first time today (but sod all else - didn't even get to put my name up).

I must congratulate you mate.

It ain't easy, that Balrog is a right pain in the @rse. If by chance I'm walking through the Mines of Moria and I bump into him we're going to have words. Harsh words.

I can just about stomach the fire breathing demon of the deep during fellowship but when he pops up early in the game for no apparent reason or benefit I'm not impressed.

I must congratulate you mate.

It ain't easy, that Balrog is a right pain in the @rse. If by chance I'm walking through the Mines of Moria and I bump into him we're going to have words. Harsh words.

I can just about stomach the fire breathing demon of the deep during fellowship but when he pops up early in the game for no apparent reason or benefit I'm not impressed.

Especially if you want the ring - BTW, I got over sniggering about 'destroy the ring' remarkably quickly :D

IMG_4543.JPG

Literally one shot away from starting Terminus.

5th time I have been to horde since I got the machine last week, 1st time I managed to not fail it spectacularly. Got about 150m I think, and finally removed the factory score.

Great game.

Well - finally did it after almost 5 months and close to 2000 games.

Total Nuclear Annihilation!! :):thumbs:

All reactors destroyed, and a spare extra ball left at the end.

Brilliant game on a brilliant pinball machine.

Now to turn off extra balls again, and shoot for @kevlar score of 6,473,526 in the (now closed, but it's still a target) lockdown league. :)

IMG_3637 3.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 115361

Literally one shot away from starting Terminus.

5th time I have been to horde since I got the machine last week, 1st time I managed to not fail it spectacularly. Got about 150m I think, and finally removed the factory score.

Great game.

That’s good going, I’ve been nowhere near Horde yet. Loving it though, only got over 100k a few times [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s good going, I’ve been nowhere near Horde yet. Loving it though, only got over 100k a few times [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you mean 100 million, 100k is doable in every game.

Last night I had 2x running with a 10x lined up for the final CDC shot. Hit the post and SDTM :eek: Pretty sure that would have been worth 400+

My best X shot so far is 120m. I love those push-your-luck mechanics. It is really hard to not accidentally use it during a MB though.

Last night I had 2x running with a 10x lined up for the final CDC shot. Hit the post and SDTM :eek: Pretty sure that would have been worth 400+

My best X shot so far is 120m. I love those push-your-luck mechanics. It is really hard to not accidentally use it during a MB though.

X is such an important shot to take!.

Back
Top Bottom