What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Following a complete ball-ache fitting a shaker motor (wiring harness I r'd had a wrong mylar conecting/housing on it) and nearly blowing the machine up in thr process... I fired the game up to have a quick play and test the shaker - had a massive game:) - beat my GC by nearly 200M and also smashed my previous Seek & Destroy score.
Realise it's not a huge score compared to most, but I was well chuffed (and v.happy that I didn't break the game when it blew a fuse in the PSU)

Met Prem; extra balls awarded where applicable - 3 CUI (not great scores, cashed out on one IIRC) - mightve made it to the 4th if it wasn't for a slightly dodgy snake kickout

I maintain that this game is one of the best of all time 🤌

Attachments

• 20230821_143612.jpg
    20230821_143612.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230821_143624.jpg
    20230821_143624.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 12
Managed to improve my GC score on Black Knight SoR LE by 400 million to 1.78 billion.
Standard 3 ball game with extra balls on.

I was only on 30 million after ball 2, then had a pretty good ball 3!

Did the Black Knight retro mode 3 times, and the Black Knight 2000 retro mode twice.

Got to Black Castle twice, and defeated the Black Knight on one of those occasions, but still only managed 24 million on the Rage multiball after beating the Knight, so the default Rage Multiball Champion of 50 million held by "Nick Weyna" remains the only thing on the high score tables that I still haven't been able to beat!

Attachments

• 53136355279_1f2ff32a3a_c.jpg
    53136355279_1f2ff32a3a_c.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3
Just got home from work and thought I’d have just one quick game before I head back out and to get some practice in before pinfest tomorrow and got GC 💪 only my second time ever getting my name up
On a TWD 😁

Attachments

• IMG_6494.jpeg
    IMG_6494.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 19
One of the fascinating aspects of playing pinball on holiday is the discovery that most people can’t play pinball. Thus, despite being probably the worst tournament player in existence, and playing each pin precisely once (a day for tournament practice), I’ve routinely managed to go through replays in two arcades in two different countries. I’ve also got onto several high score tables during my daily game.

All these scores are in the last fortnight.

5B0AAF06-C93F-4924-B7AB-1EEFD8283F89.jpeg
AF53801D-36AF-4951-98D1-B3C9C053FD15.jpeg

I was two million off the high score table on this one!
5579A5BD-401E-4F20-8D2B-FD652411FDA0.jpeg

Vee, what state was that T2 in? The playfield is almost totally dark in the picture, though it does look clean. But without any disrespect, reaching and cashing in on Payback Time ought to score close to that much by itself. Certainly exceeding Back-up H/s No.4 (30 or 40 million, according to the settings chart).

Last edited:
Vee, what state was that T2 in? The playfield is totally dark in the picture, though it does look clean. But without any disrespect, reaching and cashing in on Payback Time ought to score close to that much by itself. Certainly exceeding Back-up H/s No.4 (30 or 40 million, according to the settings chart).
That’s the point. I don’t know the rules of these pins and I’m not a great pinball player.

I’ve seen replays on T2s on location in the teens and @MadMonzer said the T2 he played at Pinfest last year (not sure which one) had a replay well below 60.

That T2 had no ability to get super jackpot until I pointed it out to their repair guy, as it only served up two balls in multiball. I thought the flippers were also crap, but he said all pre-Fliptronics flippers on Williams played like that. He came around every fortnight, apparently, and was repairing the coin door when I met him. I assume the multiball problem was temporary or someone would have pointed it out.

I have become VERY skeptical about the general standard of play in the collector community because people are constantly claiming to be finishing machines and getting high scores in the billions (on machines that aren’t AFM!), but at Pinfest this year I played a shedload of two player games, and also saw the scores of the last player on the machines, and I’d say I was about average for a walk-up play to a new machine. That surprised me as my tournament scores suck 🤷‍♂️

But, then, I’ve had three 90s pins enter the house. One had ‘easy’ flippers, one was set to five balls, and the other belonged to @mattvince (who is one of the UK’s best). So, go figure… ;)

I thought the flippers were also crap, but he said all pre-Fliptronics flippers on Williams played like that

You may be able to predict my reaction to that; to quote Jim Royle, 'me a**e!'. The parallel-wound flipper used from F-14 onwards was perfectly good, and apart from a new coil power rating (Orange) didn't change immediately when Fliptronic came out. The mechanical side had been refined since being introduced (shockingly late) on Firepower. As an example, the only playfield swap I've ever done was for a Funhouse. When it came to the flippers, I set them up before fitting them, held in my hand with the paddle loosely fitted. After finishing the entire playfield, the owner reckoned they were better than those in his Theatre of Magic. Which I'd also done, but in situ. For T2 in particular, newcomer Dinsdale went through travails with the flippers of his T2 - it looked great, but was hiding a lot of nasty defects.

VeeMonroe: I've seen replays on T2s on location in the teens and MadMonzer said the T2 he played at Pinfest last year had a replay well below 60

(Sorry to cobble together a second 'quote' rather than have a separate reply.)

The T2 manual shows the Factory Setting of the starting replay value, running at 10%, was 30 million for Usa and 40 for Germany, France and Europe. So besides maintenance (or lack of it) on a game this age, you do indeed have a point re. casual players' skills.

Last edited:
I also went to the same arcade in Prague with the lovely Veemonroe, and also managed some scores that were spectacular, at least by local standards:
164 million on White Water (double replay on this machine)

888AD450-D132-4008-8EBB-7ADBB786FD1A.jpeg
35 million on Pirates of the Carribean (double the replay, although this machine wasn’t set up to deliver double replays)
E7038318-76DD-4ADE-8805-83BC0A4A7FBA.jpeg
688 million on Frankenstein (single replay)
9C3380E1-6AFB-4358-987C-2EE009D44818.jpeg
482 million on classic ST:TNG (single replay)
CA1D7978-18AF-46B6-A38C-20A9336688E7.jpeg
And 162 million on Data East Star Wars (replay was 40 million when we stepped up to the machine, but Veemonroe had already lit it up)
96D95E72-F450-464D-8F67-0A101CFB44E5.jpeg

I also went to the same arcade in Prague with the lovely Veemonroe, and also managed some scores that were spectacular, at least by local standards:
164 million on White Water (double replay on this machine)

View attachment 230749
35 million on Pirates of the Carribean (double the replay, although this machine wasn’t set up to deliver double replays)
View attachment 230750
688 million on Frankenstein (single replay)
View attachment 230751
482 million on classic ST:TNG (single replay)
View attachment 230752
And 162 million on Data East Star Wars (replay was 40 million when we stepped up to the machine, but Veemonroe had already lit it up)
View attachment 230753
I didn't record my replays (and double replays). There were just too many :cool:

I see that arcade still had a Fire. That's one game where weak flippers are good for something; the ball guides on the upper level, taking a ball into the lock points, are just plastics. I always feared them getting broken from full-power shots up the ramps.

I see that arcade still had a Fire. That's one game where weak flippers are good for something; the ball guides on the upper level, taking a ball into the lock points, are just plastics. I always feared them getting broken from full-power shots up the ramps.
Yes, it did have a Fire. It was the first one I’ve played. Not the greatest System 11, IMO, but okay.

Finally managed to get my name up on the scoreboard of IMDN.

It took a seriously long game to get there. Didn't manage to defeat the beast though 😈

Attachments

• 20230910_155731.jpg
    20230910_155731.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230910_155846.jpg
    20230910_155846.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 11
FBFDFD42-7C82-4FA6-BDA4-04AC85DC84F1.jpeg

Well it’s been a while since I hung in the backstage hi scores with Mick and Keef but fueled on Punk IPA on an empty stomach 😀 I just slammed in this none too shoddy score.
Stones is tough - and tbh anything over 30 or 40 mill is a decent showing.

I managed the Records Multiball mini wiz , and the Encore Multiball and en route completed World Tour …. doesn’t happen often. 😎

You can always get what you want , and you can get satisfaction !

You beat my 1.4 billion, got something to aim for tomorrow on my sat afternoon beer and pin sess ;)
Beat this at the weekend mate, just put a new gun position switch on and had a few games😎
So glad I bought it, never knew it was so good!
B0CC7444-5942-458B-ACE8-7D567B658A72.jpeg

Crikey youve left me for dust :D,

Definitely a long term keeper for me so will keep at it ;)

Might treat me self to a colour display for xmas, im sure that will make my score better (any excuse)

Led zep prem, 1.40hr game lol 5,759,269,330. What a great pinball, so many wizard modes,

Factory settings, 3 ball, eb’s on

Where did you get the bulk of those points from? I can't even get to 1b, I feel like I'm missing something (apart from ability)?

Nowhere near my PB, but found myself in Camden Saturday afternoon after visiting a guitar shop, so thought I'd pop In to the Black Heart for a quick pint and few games of Met Pro.
Game plays like a dog (no orbit post/disabled, snake kickout strange, table not levelled, weired flipper alignment etc, etc) and the PF glass near the front looked like it'd had about 20 people licking it or something (the unfriendly staff in there really need to give it a clean - looked pretty disgusting.. have a word @Matt Vince if its yours mate :) )

Anyway, managed to get GC after a few games, which i felt was quiet an achievement considering 😀

20231119_140632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom