What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Probably £1200 to £1500 but like you say, they don't come up for sale much these days so you'd probably have to pay a bit over

I'm pondering selling Whodunnit? (bought on here last here) and looking trying to find a Roadshow again (Sure as eggs is eggs several showed not long after I bought WD instead - doh).

Anyone any thoughts on the current worth (I know what I paid and ive bought a few odds and ends for it here and there).
Be nice to think the price for them has gone up but thats likely wishful thinking. That will happen after I sell it - at which point of course all the Roadshows will go back into hiding :)

You bought the game approx 1 year ago and prices on a whodunnit haven't really changed in that time. As it sat for a while at £1500 then I'll assume you paid less, maybe somewhere in the £1350 to £1400 region so you've got your current valuation right there 👍 stick it up at £1500 to get offers around the above and you'll break even on it.

I have a vague recollection that it was originally more than the £1500 that I eventually paid, but in any case since I cant decide whether to sell and am not desperate to do so then getting less than I paid would make the decision really simple - ill keep it (Or maybe throw it on fleabay when theres a free listing weekend and take my chances :) )

Thanks for everyones input though.

Any idea what a Bally Star Trek 1978 is worth? My father in law is helping a friend sort through some items in storage. Looks like it needs some TLC as its been in storage for a couple of decades. Thanks Mick
1.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

Star trek is dependent on if it works - what are the boards like ? Any acid leaks?
Backglass looks okay but cab and playfield need TLC.
Would say £400 upwards.
It should be treated as a barn find. If its been stored for years then parts will be clogged up.
These are the kind of machines people go mad and spray WD40 inside everything. You will probably need a lot of contact cleaner......

Paragon and Genie please guys.

Very hard decision this but may let either Paragon or Genie go.

They have very similar layouts/ colour schemes/ are same period. Also both are massive widebodies. They feel very similar during play as well.

Paragon is in lovely shape. ex @ronsplooter Backglass is about perfect, in remarkable shape. It has worked faultlessly at shows like Northern Lights Blackpool and NERG. Playfield protector. Original boards. Incredibly clean underneath. Dished inserts, covered by a playfield protector. I did a full clean up and shop on this - new rubbers, bats, flipper rebuilds, drops etc. Etc. Very minor playfield wear, best I have seen.

20200708_100705.jpg

20200708_100716.jpg
20200708_100725.jpg

Genie was an eBay buy and needed a total refurb. There is a detailed shop log on here. New bats, all flippers rebuilt, solenoid mechs not just cleaned with new sleeves but various new metal parts too. New pop and drops. New full plastic set. Innumerate new coloured plastic lane guides. Pascal board. Playfield protector. Even stuff like genuine period Tilt mech imported from USA. Repinned innumerate connectors. Has not been on tour but withstood Mislands League play without incident. Playfield has a little wear but is still very good and has a shine. Backglass has crazing but still looks beautiful.

20200708_100609.jpg
20200708_100616.jpg
20200708_100646.jpg
20200708_100755.jpg

Last edited:
Genie is such a beautiful looking game.

Quite niche and I would have no idea where to price it - but if someone is after one that looks a fantastic example to buy, and how often do you see them for sale?

A pretty good guide is the UK pinball league. Genie has only been used once in the history of the league. Spare parts availability is remarkable. I bought a complete mess but had no trouble replacing my problems

Two very nice machines there, really need to be kept in the community if at all possible?
I really like Paragon, and at some point would love to own one but timing and space have always gone against me!
I seriously considered a couple a few years ago as Good projects I think they went for £500-900? I would say yours is lovely and should command quite a bit more than that, but I haven’t seen any available for ages, so this probably doesn’t help.
I Need less stuff!

That Paragon is worth £1500 all day long IMHO and based on the work done the Genie has got to be around the £1K to £1.2K mark but could be a harder sell as Gottlieb's of that era are not as popular as other makes so you might have to take less to get it gone :thumbs:

Thank you for the Intel.

I just took a look at eBay and was really surprised at what some of the weaker/ average early SS games are going for right now.

Looking at recent Ebays...
A vector went for nearly 1200
A gorgar for nearly 1100
A beat the clock 1050

Genie will obviously be much harder to shift than Paragon. Pinballinfo is no fan of Gottliebs so I will stick Genie on Gumtree and invite offers.

I would rather sell to a name on Pinballinfo and would accept a lower price from someone on here. But unfashionable titles do seem to sell a lot better on Gumtree.

Thank you for the Intel.

I just took a look at eBay and was really surprised at what some of the weaker/ average early SS games are going for right now.

Looking at recent Ebays...
A vector went for nearly 1200
A gorgar for nearly 1100
A beat the clock 1050

Genie will obviously be much harder to shift than Paragon. Pinballinfo is no fan of Gottliebs so I will stick Genie on Gumtree and invite offers.

I would rather sell to a name on Pinballinfo and would accept a lower price from someone on here. But unfashionable titles do seem to sell a lot better on Gumtree.
Id absolutely love Genie, it's been on my list pretty much since I started collecting but until I get a bigger place wide bodies are off the cards, looks stunning though

Back
Top Bottom