What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I don't personally see the market changing too much to be honest. Higher end collecting is for me, always like gambling. You should only do it if you have the money spare and I think that is the tact that most people take. I plead poverty on my pin collection and want so much more than I can afford, because that is what I can afford to take out of savings etc. It's money that isn't needed in the short/medium term. I would hazard a guess that is how most collectors work, so the pin money, is just that. Pin money and will be during and after this too.

Valuations are a thumb suck.

Many buyers with cash won't want to travel right now to buy a game. Many others will have seen their investments/ house value/ business value/ income/ prospect of older kids moving out of the family home/ pension value ... all take a sharp turn for the worse

My guess is pinball machines will be 20 per cent down across the board.

Stock markets down 20 per cent ish. The UK does not appear to be handling Corona as well as many other countries.

Current and future financial prospects for many people is basically a lottery right now. And all this will take many years - 5/ 10/ 20 ? to come good.

The other aspect to consider is that high end games are quite often sold to make room for NIB arrivals - and with uncertainty re both the £/$ exchange rate and when manufacturing will be up to full capacity again, less NIB may be bought in the short/medium term leading to less pins on the market.

Want to move on some games I simply am not playing, guess on values for these:

GB Premium (same as I previously put up for sale) have removed some bits so:
Unmarked cab, ColorDMD, Proton blaster side rails, Official Side blade art. No ghosting on Tobin insert. Ecto1 model added

AC/DC Premium
ColorDMD, infinity bbox speakers, Pioneer Sub, Side art, speaker lights, band roof, Shaker, bell hinge cover

Dialed In LE
Bone stock.

Bally 8 Ball Cab & Bits - Proceeds going to Teenage Cancer trust. Not exactly a table I know - if not in the right section then can Admins please move to correct thread? "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

Having a clear out and after 5 years the home brew is nearly gone so these pics are from 2015 and I'm wanting to move on Cab Crop 1.jpgIMG_20150511_200634.jpgCab Crop 1.jpgIMG_20150511_200634.jpgIMG_20150511_200644.jpgIMG_20150511_200713.jpgIMG_20150511_200728.jpgIMG_20150511_200735.jpgIMG_20150511_200745.jpgIMG_20150511_200816.jpgIMG_20150512_175111.jpgIMG_20150512_175114.jpgIMG_20150512_175117.jpgIMG_20150512_175125.jpgIMG_20150512_175130.jpgIMG_20150512_175133.jpgIMG_20150617_205730.jpgIMG_20150617_205746.jpgIMG_20150831_205703.jpgIMG_20150831_205713.jpg- you just pay postage if not collecting. Would prefer going as a job lot.

Only the Bally Eight Ball stuff in the pics - as I say these pics are from 2015 and and have been stored inside and have not really deteriorated any more than can be seen

As a noob, I was hoping to get some ideas of what I should be paying for different pins. I've bought and sold a fair number of video arcade machines over the years, so I know that prices can vary a lot depending on condition and availability at any particular time. But I wanted to get ballpark figures on the following please (in decent 'players' condition preferred, don't have to be mint):

-Star Trek TNG
-Funhouse
-Addams Family
-Champion Pub
-Medieval Madness (original and remake)
-The Machine - Bride of Pinbot
-Fishtales
-Comet (bit of a random one, but I've been offered one in nice condition and just want to check the price is OK)

Thanks for any advice!

As a noob, I was hoping to get some ideas of what I should be paying for different pins. I've bought and sold a fair number of video arcade machines over the years, so I know that prices can vary a lot depending on condition and availability at any particular time. But I wanted to get ballpark figures on the following please (in decent 'players' condition preferred, don't have to be mint):

-Star Trek TNG
-Funhouse
-Addams Family
-Champion Pub
-Medieval Madness (original and remake)
-The Machine - Bride of Pinbot
-Fishtales
-Comet (bit of a random one, but I've been offered one in nice condition and just want to check the price is OK)

Thanks for any advice!

Approximately ish
Star Trek TNG £3K
Funhouse £2.5k
Addams £4.5 to 5k
Champion Pub £4k
Medieval Madness £6.5k OG
Bride of Pinbot £2k
Fishtales £2.5
Comet **** knows

These are all off the top of my head and someone might weigh in and correct me! Obviously condition is vital and can pull the prices higher/lower

Any ideas on the value of:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Tommy

I don't click with Tommy and it needs work I can't find the time to do. Always fancied a BSD.

I love my Williams/Bally/Midway games, they are all so similar. Happy to be someone who only knows one brief flash in pinball history.
OK, BSD sounds like I could make this happen as and when one comes up.
Might start prepping Tommy for sale then, at least be honest about what needs doing.

Approximately ish
Star Trek TNG £3K
Funhouse £2.5k
Addams £4.5 to 5k
Champion Pub £4k
Medieval Madness £6.5k OG
Bride of Pinbot £2k
Fishtales £2.5
Comet **** knows

These are all off the top of my head and someone might weigh in and correct me! Obviously condition is vital and can pull the prices higher/lower
Thanks very much.

Anyone else want to suggest a price range for Comet - is 1.3k too much for a nice example?

Thanks very much.

Anyone else want to suggest a price range for Comet - is 1.3k too much for a nice example?

Normally I would say yes. But in this day and age, it is a decent price. People are paying £2k for SF2 nowadays so I think the **** has collapsed on cheaper pins.

I personally wouldn't mind paying about a grand for a comet if it was a really nice well looked after one. The older games are harder to get nowadays that aren't knackered.

I paid £800 for a decent Cyclone about 8months ago.

Dom, I'm assuming it's the SS version and not the EM? What's the condition cosmetically?

If it's cosmetically nice but electronically f*cked then I wouldn't want to pay more than £800. If it's also rough on the backglass and/or playfield then £500 to £600 maybe but tbh the best thing about that game is the art so if it's a dog I probably wouldn't bother unless it was crazy cheap and I was thinking full restore with new everything 👍

Hi All

What's the going price to expect on a Revenge From Mars? Have an opportunity to aquire one, seems in good nick although monitor taking time to warm up. No idea on price as I know if that CRT goes down, it's pricey to fix.

Thanks

Nice jokerz have traditionally been sub grand games as it has a reputation of being " not very good" nowadays ive given up guessing.

Hi All

What's the going price to expect on a Revenge From Mars? Have an opportunity to aquire one, seems in good nick although monitor taking time to warm up. No idea on price as I know if that CRT goes down, it's pricey to fix.

Thanks
If CRT fails just replace with a cheap LCD off ebay - I did - I found a variety of LCD models that just plug in as a direct replacement without the need for any sort of convertor.

Anyone got an idea what a radical might be worth roughly? Hard to tell as haven’t seen many come up recently.

Back
Top Bottom