What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Only 400 Tron LEs made

How many LEs landed in the U.K.? I know I got one off Phil upon release which I sold but I got another LE NIB about 3 years ago still need to open that, well set it up 😂

There’s 2 so what came here maybe a dozen? No idea why the market here appears to have bottomed out on top titles, TRON, TWD are two of Sterns best but just don’t seem to be selling here, compared to the states (and yes there is a larger market over there but also a much larger number of pins to buy) if you offered an LE for less than 10k you’d have your arm bitten off.

Best way to gauge value is to list it high and reduce until it sells, that's what I did with my Hobbit.

I'm tempted to upgrade my pro, will be watching with interest...

I also have a Tron LE but I bought it from the original owner in Germany, and I think it's actually a Canadian export game. I'd also say £7k is the ballpark looking at past sales, but don't intend to sell mine.

I may be up for a temporary (ie 6 month or so) swap at some point though...

Best way to gauge value is to list it high and reduce until it sells, that's what I did with my Hobbit.

I'm tempted to upgrade my pro, will be watching with interest...

That Hobbit price ended up being a steal in my opinion! I used to have a Tron Pro and I do miss it, but probably need to sort some space first!

I find this particular section pointless if you have a pin and want to sell it put it on the for sale section and let the market decide
If you are a newbie and looking for a pin on a budget then it’s a good place to ask advice on pricing
That tron you own I bought from its first owner for 6k and sold it on for £6500
I think the reason some games like ac dc have taken a massive plumit is the fact that there are a lot of that model out there and most people have owned it at some point and then sold it on so don’t want it again it’s a buyers market at the min still I think when you can pick up a modern pin like bm66 for 7k then tron twd and ac dc look dated

Tron LE only gets a few dollars more because it’s rare but game-wise is just isn’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure about that Chris, BM66 is a rehash of a game older than all of those three, maybe the LCD display makes it look more modern but personally I would take Tron/TWD/ACDC any day over BM66.
It's the rules that make it significantly better than BDK, and removing that bloody teeter tottering ramp and Lucius upper playfield.
The turntable on BM66 is also much better than the joker shot.

That's what the older games just can't come close to competing with - rulesets

Not sure about that Chris, BM66 is a rehash of a game older than all of those three, maybe the LCD display makes it look more modern but personally I would take Tron/TWD/ACDC any day over BM66.

Yikes - TWD I give you but tron and AC/DC hell no!

B66 is one of sterns best selling games. They extended the license and did a load more runs than they planned!

Dont buy M model bmws then!

Come to Germany in July or September Ian, bring a change of underwear, and I’ll take you round in the ring taxi. (Probably worth bringing the V5 of that boat you drive so you can scuttle it sharpish :D )

I really hope a Tron LE is put up for sale now, it will be very interesting to watch. As always, a pin is worth what someone is willing to pay.

There is no doubt it will go for the 7K some people think it’s worth - after all we still see the mad buying Totan and CV for even more! In my view Spiderman at 3500 is a far more valuable than those other three. TWD Premium going tor 6K too - one of the best games ever made!

Neil.

Yikes - TWD I give you but tron and AC/DC hell no!

B66 is one of sterns best selling games. They extended the license and did a load more runs than they planned!

Would be very surprised to hear that BM66 outsold AC/DC, Interested to see sales figures and happy to be proved wrong though .

I think I’m genuinely one of the few people who actively dislike batman66. I just can’t get past the terrible theme. It’s like a camper version of my little pony.

Are the newer big screen games more sort after than the older ones? As an owner of an Aerosmith I’d suggest not. 😉.

The market for 5k+ games seems soft at the moment. Loads are coming out and few seem to be holding their value.

Would be very surprised to hear that BM66 outsold AC/DC, Interested to see sales figures and happy to be proved wrong though .

No idea but I agree with you in that AC/DC probably sold more - but I got a list of top games from Stern when talking to Gary at expo - AC/DC was in the list as was Ghostbusters, Met, TWD, B66 and Iron Maiden. He said GOTG, Aerosmith and Star Wars where the most “disappointing” this was just after Deadpool launched so doesn’t cover recent history.

I think I’m genuinely one of the few people who actively dislike batman66. I just can’t get past the terrible theme. It’s like a camper version of my little pony.

Are the newer big screen games more sort after than the older ones? As an owner of an Aerosmith I’d suggest not. [emoji6].

The market for 5k+ games seems soft at the moment. Loads are coming out and few seem to be holding their value.

As with everything depends on the game! I really don’t give two hoots about the theme of the game is good!

As with everything depends on the game! I really don’t give two hoots about the theme of the game is good!

I'm glad someone has brought that up.

I was reading a review of the old widebody Indiana Jones the other day. The chap loved the shot selection, flow of the game, ramps, that thingy on the top left and the multiball. However he felt that he had to mark it down significantly because he did not like the theme due to the films being sh1te. 🤔

Whilst I'd probably draw the line at having a 'Take That' or 'Coronation Street' pinball in my lounge I'm really not that bothered about the theme. I've never watched a Spiderman film but it's not going to stop me enjoying the game if it's good.

No idea but I agree with you in that AC/DC probably sold more - but I got a list of top games from Stern when talking to Gary at expo - AC/DC was in the list as was Ghostbusters, Met, TWD, B66 and Iron Maiden. He said GOTG, Aerosmith and Star Wars where the most “disappointing” this was just after Deadpool launched so doesn’t cover recent history.

Wouldn't be surprised if AC/DC was Stern's best selling game ever, was in production on and off from 2012-2018.

I bet there's been a few more disappointments since that list, would guess recent history would look like this:

Top Games: Dead Pool, Jurassic Park
Disappointing: Beatles, Munsters, BKSOR, Elvira, Stranger Things.

Deadpool didn’t start off that way. JP I’m not sure has done as well as many think.

Also pretty sure Munsters sold really well even though it was the biggest turd they ever laid.

I would think with the amount of games stern pump out a year now the overall sale of one particular game is never going to be as big as when they only did 2 a year
Bm66 was a terrible starter due to the cost and poor code but has trickled out nicely over the years
Uk sales of jp has been pretty good
Bk 3000 shocking
Only 3 le 1 premium 0 pro
Elvira 2 le 2 premium so again pretty poor
Stranger things 8 le 2 premium 2 pro

I would think with the amount of games stern pump out a year now the overall sale of one particular game is never going to be as big as when they only did 2 a year
Bm66 was a terrible starter due to the cost and poor code but has trickled out nicely over the years
Uk sales of jp has been pretty good
Bk 3000 shocking
Only 3 le 1 premium 0 pro
Elvira 2 le 2 premium so again pretty poor
Stranger things 8 le 2 premium 2 pro

Yeah I’m surprised about Elvira given how good it is! Think it’ll be like batman. BKSOR in the US is everywhere.

Neil

Thinking of putting up my Monster Bash Le Remake bought from new from Pinball Heaven never moved so in mint condition. Very Low plays. Only selling as we are looking at houses in France so think may go into the fund pot if I can get the right price. What you think it’s worth people.

I wish! Got my planning on my holiday let’s here but we have decided to sell the land now and get a nice property in France and need as much money as possible as some of us ant as rich as you Neil.

Back
Top Bottom