What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I personally think it would have to be a truely exceptional SS to command 8k with all the extras on it - colourdmd polished rails and lockbar, original unfaded cab, mirrored backglass, boogeyman dancing mod, skull mod etc (I say that as someone who owns a mint one and I would love it to be worth top top money but I don’t see it)

Gnr will sell somewhere between 8-9k. Closer to 8k I reckon but 🤷🏻‍♂️ if you find someone looking for one. One thing to consider with this game it might be more attractive to people for a game that has been played in a huo to see how the playfield has held up around the problem posts as opposed to just opened but not played

BKSOR le I would put in the munsters le bracket so 8k is fair. I had the premium of this game and really enjoyed it. It’s a game that gets a bad rep but is actually a lot of fun and I missed it when it went

Last edited:
Would be interested in some peoples thoughts on what my GZ prem is worth if I decide to list it (probably will if I get my hands on the SW LE I’m after).

Godzilla Prem NIB 6 weeks ago. HUO 300 odd plays
Pinsound upgraded speakers
Stern Shaker
Stern Shooter rod
Mirror blades
Stern LE Side armour
Flaming speakers with buildings (not fitted yet)
Full Cliffys
Collys plastics, coin door & lock bar decal
Stern Knocker fitted

Thanks all

I personally think it would have to be a truely exceptional SS to command 8k with all the extras on it - colourdmd polished rails and lockbar, original unfaded cab, mirrored backglass, boogeyman dancing mod, skull mod etc (I say that as someone who owns a mint one and I would love it to be worth top top money but I don’t see it)

Gnr will sell somewhere between 8-9k. Closer to 8k I reckon but 🤷🏻‍♂️ if you find someone looking for one. One thing to consider with this game it might be more attractive to people for a game that has been played in a huo to see how the playfield has held up around the problem posts as opposed to just opened but not played

BKSOR le I would put in the munsters le bracket so 8k is fair. I had the premium of this game and really enjoyed it. It’s a game that gets a bad rep but is actually a lot of fun and I missed it when it went
All good points there; especially re; G'N'R and the playfield (not sure if it was mentioned re; if it was an LE, CE or Standard edition or not - there was a standard edition which sold here recently for a pretty low price)

Best thing to do @littlemac ,would be to make a site donation then list the games in the Machines for sale thread with loads of pics, location, prices and such (if you are happy with any price recommendations from this thread/have decided on what you want)
Wasn't sure from your post if you were looking for prices factoring a reseller profit for yourself or not? (apologies in advance if I misunderstood) - on here it might be tough to achieve re-seller prices, as where possible the community tries to sell to eachother for reasonable prices, with the idea that others will do the same.

Would be interested in some peoples thoughts on what my GZ prem is worth if I decide to list it (probably will if I get my hands on the SW LE I’m after).

Godzilla Prem NIB 6 weeks ago. HUO 300 odd plays
Pinsound upgraded speakers
Stern Shaker
Stern Shooter rod
Mirror blades
Stern LE Side armour
Flaming speakers with buildings (not fitted yet)
Full Cliffys
Collys plastics, coin door & lock bar decal
Stern Knocker fitted

Thanks all
GZ prem nib 6 weeks ago with all those additions should go for £10.5k - £11k

All good points there; especially re; G'N'R and the playfield (not sure if it was mentioned re; if it was an LE, CE or Standard edition or not - there was a standard edition which sold here recently for a pretty low price)

Best thing to do @littlemac ,would be to make a site donation then list the games in the Machines for sale thread with loads of pics, location, prices and such (if you are happy with any price recommendations from this thread/have decided on what you want)
Wasn't sure from your post if you were looking for prices factoring a reseller profit for yourself or not? (apologies in advance if I misunderstood) - on here it might be tough to achieve re-seller prices, as where possible the community tries to sell to eachother for reasonable prices, with the idea that others will do the same.
Ah thanks - I am flying blind, quite literally here, and appreciate the comments and recommendations.

To be clear, I'm not trying to make a margin - the sale of these things is to help set up a trust fund for my nephew, as per my brother's wishes. The unenviable job of an executor is to maximise the income to the estate, which of course can look a bit like making a profit. It's not meant, and apologies if that is how it's coming across. I do have the sale tickets when purchased originally, and do accept 2nd hand values will drop considerably from that (i.e. no returns, no refunds, warranties, etc) so am more than happy to be guided by what people here think. The sales prices were in the order of 10K each, so I felt 8K was ok... but some have suggested lower. Ultimately, it's all about making sure the market is not de-valued as that hurts everyone, but also trying not to over price things so that only a few can buy and enjoy the games. It's a fine line...!

I'll investigate the site donation - sounds like speculating to accumulate :)

I would post pictures of the machines, as best you can.

Sounds like for SS at least, that your brother bought them from a dealer/ restorer so would have paid too money.

Market slow right now, if you can store them for a while, it may pick up next year.

I would imagine you cannot store them if you are discharging the estate.

I think you have some good prices given here. I would list at those and if you have to drop them, keep doing so.

Selling here will be a lot less hassle than eBay.

Good luck!

That's exactly the kind of perspective I needed... thank you. I am not at all familiar with the references to the various parts you've mentioned, but yes, all of these three machines are pretty clean. I believe SS was professionally refurbed before my brother bought it, and it's since sat doing not very much at all. There is certainly no fading of graphics, they look brand new (must have been replaced, I guess). I can see some very slight marks on the woodwork, and perhaps this decreases the cost. I've looked again at the Chrome on the outside of the cabinet and yes, some almost impossible to see marks are there after all... so perhaps not 'mint' mint... but certainly well towards a 'polo'.

I've added a few pics of SS for you to see, and perhaps it can give a clearer idea? Original 1996 manual and a couple of other bits on there too. The slightly obscure pic (IMG_6311) shows the very slight marks on the outside chrome trim, but as far as I can see the playing area is pristine.

BKSOR is actually kinda cool as a game. I could easily see the attraction when we tested it. This was the last to be unpacked (in January, after my brother died), and we turned it on last week for the first time. More than that I can't say, but nothing untoward happened when we powered it up.

GnR - very interesting, thank you. As you say, it's all about finding a buyer, and in this day and age everyone is tightening their belts a bit more, but I hope we can still get these sold.

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpeg
    IMG_6320.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6317.jpeg
    IMG_6317.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6315.jpeg
    IMG_6315.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6314.jpeg
    IMG_6314.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6310.jpeg
    IMG_6310.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6309.jpeg
    IMG_6309.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6321.jpeg
    IMG_6321.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6322.jpeg
    IMG_6322.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: PAX
I would post pictures of the machines, as best you can.

Sounds like for SS at least, that your brother bought them from a dealer/ restorer so would have paid too money.

Market slow right now, if you can store them for a while, it may pick up next year.
Thanks Dave - I agree, and am slowly getting a few good images together, so will do so as soon as I can. I've posted a few here or there, particularly SS, but the others also need some decent ones taken.

Hello, and sorry for your bereavement,

Topper is the term used for additional stuff mounted on top of the regular 'back box' of the machine. Looking at your picture, the Black Knight SoR doesn't have one. It has the score display/speaker panel, below the backglass (or translite), but nothing fixed to the top of the woodwork. Some examples you could search for here are Whirlwind or Fish Tales.

Thanks Dave - I agree, and am slowly getting a few good images together, so will do so as soon as I can. I've posted a few here or there, particularly SS, but the others also need some decent ones taken.
SS looks very nice. I think you can call it mint. Especially if there is no sign of wear in front of the crate. There always seems to be a market for high end restores.

Hi, I have been out the game a while, looking to thin out a couple of games and get some different ones.

Thinking of selling maybe
AC/DC Luci
AFM LE
Have games gone up or down in the 3-5 years since I bought them? Can't remember what I paid for them tbh

Hi, I have been out the game a while, looking to thin out a couple of games and get some different ones.

Thinking of selling maybe
AC/DC Luci
AFM LE
Have games gone up or down in the 3-5 years since I bought them? Can't remember what I paid for them tbh
Ballpark 7-8k each. Both are desirable titles and you might have some offers in your PMs already.

To be fair prices are on a general downward trend at the moment, but certain pins will be immune to this.

AFMle is surely £10k maybe more.
Love the topper on it, and I’m not a topper guy.

Good luck anyway with whatever you decide to do 👍

That's exactly the kind of perspective I needed... thank you. I am not at all familiar with the references to the various parts you've mentioned, but yes, all of these three machines are pretty clean. I believe SS was professionally refurbed before my brother bought it, and it's since sat doing not very much at all. There is certainly no fading of graphics, they look brand new (must have been replaced, I guess). I can see some very slight marks on the woodwork, and perhaps this decreases the cost. I've looked again at the Chrome on the outside of the cabinet and yes, some almost impossible to see marks are there after all... so perhaps not 'mint' mint... but certainly well towards a 'polo'.

I've added a few pics of SS for you to see, and perhaps it can give a clearer idea? Original 1996 manual and a couple of other bits on there too. The slightly obscure pic (IMG_6311) shows the very slight marks on the outside chrome trim, but as far as I can see the playing area is pristine.

BKSOR is actually kinda cool as a game. I could easily see the attraction when we tested it. This was the last to be unpacked (in January, after my brother died), and we turned it on last week for the first time. More than that I can't say, but nothing untoward happened when we powered it up.

GnR - very interesting, thank you. As you say, it's all about finding a buyer, and in this day and age everyone is tightening their belts a bit more, but I hope we can still get these sold.
I can’t be certain without better pics but I think the ss is one of my ex super mint pins
Does it have grey powder coated legs

Hello, Sorry to bother again - I don't know anyone else to ask and have always valued the advice from this forum. I'd like to get a virtual pinball machine but would need to part with my SWT to be able to afford it.

link to my post in this same thread from a couple of years ago with pictures

Should I sell the SWT then go on the hunt for a virtual pin? Or should I create a trade post? Is what I'm thinking really daft?

Am really not super knowledgeable about vpins but have read that 4k stuff is very expensive, but I think I would be happy with 1080p stuff for now as I'm really happy playing games on my pc from a decade ago and still marvel how awesome 1080p looks. Everything looks amazing compared to my old Amstrad tbh.

p.s - if I'm asking in the wrong place - or shouldn't be asking at all please let me know, really don't want to cause any offense.

Cheers,
Johnny

Hello, Sorry to bother again - I don't know anyone else to ask and have always valued the advice from this forum. I'd like to get a virtual pinball machine but would need to part with my SWT to be able to afford it.

Should I sell the SWT then go on the hunt for a virtual pin? Or should I create a trade post? Is what I'm thinking really daft?

Am really not super knowledgeable about vpins but have read that 4k stuff is very expensive, but I think I would be happy with 1080p stuff for now as I'm really happy playing games on my pc from a decade ago and still marvel how awesome 1080p looks. Everything looks amazing compared to my old Amstrad tbh.

p.s - if I'm asking in the wrong place - or shouldn't be asking at all please let me know, really don't want to cause any offense.

Cheers,
Johnny

Vpins can be a bit of a mine field. Cheap ones are going to bite you in the ass when your so used to having the real thing.

Latency, lack of analogue feedback and poorly configured front ends are going to ruin the experience. @Pick Holder makes them (or used to) so pick his brains if you can. Personally IMO you can't beat the real thing but if space is an issue or money (or both) I get why people consider them.

You can try a for sale threard or trade post, but at the moment bare in mind a couple of things:

- The market has slowed down and you may get less money than you expect right now
- The market is pretty saturated with pins up for sale, however you do have a strong license/theme so that always helps.
- Its a SEGA and they never command much money, although you likely have one of the most desierable pins in the SEGA line up.

Reactions: jww

Cheers,
Johnny
Just my 2p; really wouldn't suggest spending too much on a V-Pin. A lot of work obvs goes in to building them (especially fancy ones), but essentially you are paying loads just to dress up what is essentially a pc with a few screens and controls (plus a tidy front end to navigate between tables, but you can download a decent front end and all the tables for free if you do a little research).
Rather than a cab, I reckon you'd be better off investing in a great pc (with good Graphics card and fast CPU) then buying two monitors and some nice controls. Also, learning how to set up say Visual Pinball X and which ever front end you use will set you up well for the future, as you'll want to be able to update to the latest software/install new table releases as you go - will save you a few grand taking that route probably.
Alternatively, if you aren't too worried about playing more recent games, as Pinball FX on consoles now has (or will soon have) a cabinet mode of sorts, you could always buy a PS5 or Xb series X (or even a Switch) and hook up to a TV/monitor and run in TATE mode.
Re; 1080p - Fairly recently I played a bit of Visual Pinball in 4k and while it's nice, I wouldn't worry too much about it; 1080p still looks good and how smooth/FPS it runs is always more important than resolution.

Vpins can be a bit of a mine field. Cheap ones are going to bite you in the ass when your so used to having the real thing.

Latency, lack of analogue feedback and poorly configured front ends are going to ruin the experience. @Pick Holder makes them (or used to) so pick his brains if you can. Personally IMO you can't beat the real thing but if space is an issue or money (or both) I get why people consider them.

You can try a for sale threard or trade post, but at the moment bare in mind a couple of things:

- The market has slowed down and you may get less money than you expect right now
- The market is pretty saturated with pins up for sale, however you do have a strong license/theme so that always helps.
- Its a SEGA and they never command much money, although you likely have one of the most desierable pins in the SEGA line up.
Thank you s000m, I appreciate your advice. Definitely have given me some things to think about. Thank you again.

Just my 2p; really wouldn't suggest spending too much on a V-Pin. A lot of work obvs goes in to building them (especially fancy ones), but essentially you are paying loads just to dress up what is essentially a pc with a few screens and controls (plus a tidy front end to navigate between tables, but you can download a decent front end and all the tables for free if you do a little research).
Rather than a cab, I reckon you'd be better off investing in a great pc (with good Graphics card and fast CPU) then buying two monitors and some nice controls. Also, learning how to set up say Visual Pinball X and which ever front end you use will set you up well for the future, as you'll want to be able to update to the latest software/install new table releases as you go - will save you a few grand taking that route probably.
Alternatively, if you aren't too worried about playing more recent games, as Pinball FX on consoles now has (or will soon have) a cabinet mode of sorts, you could always buy a PS5 or Xb series X (or even a Switch) and hook up to a TV/monitor and run in TATE mode.
Re; 1080p - Fairly recently I played a bit of Visual Pinball in 4k and while it's nice, I wouldn't worry too much about it; 1080p still looks good and how smooth/FPS it runs is always more important than resolution.
Thank you Den, I do appreciate your advice.

Good evening long story short the wife’s car got stolen early hours Monday morning, upshot I’m losing the garage at some point in the near future so something’s (probably a lot of stuff has got to go)
So what’s a great condition Funhouse worth nowadays? This particular one was once a Chris B special it’s by far the nicest machine I’ve ever owned and probably will!
Negatives wrinkled wear leg protectors go unfortunately slight water damage to bottom but purely a water mark nothing more (dose not effect cab in any way if it was painted you’d never know)
Note this has had a brand new playfield and all the work that goes with it, it does have minor damage where a playfield wire has damaged the playfield but that’s all the damage everything else is fantastic.
It’s in lovely condition and plays great
IMG_2439.jpeg
IMG_2437.jpeg
IMG_2439.jpeg
IMG_2437.jpeg
IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_7405.jpeg
IMG_7401.jpeg
IMG_7398.jpeg
IMG_7395.jpeg
IMG_7394.jpeg
IMG_7392.jpeg