What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

AFM do come up a lot for often. If MM is £10k then thinking AFM must be £7-8k.

The recent one that sold on here was just under 7 if memory serves .
Don’t know if that was original Bally or a mixture with CGC parts or something!??

My memory is shocking 😵‍💫

After waiting so long for CCR I have no faith in the future vailability of MMR so l turn away very strong offers on my original MM all the time. I sold my original MB the day my MBR arrived and MM will probably be likewise

Less. But probably not by much.
Not sure if anyone is really bothered about the topper.
The coloured display on all the remakes is far better though.

Although just yo he contrary I paid more for my AFM remake than I sold my original for. I valued the playfield and the bigger screen more than originality.

Any thoughts on value for a Party Zone?

Consider as a (minor) project, boots up, DMD good and plays but would need a playfield strip and re-rubber (new kit can be supplied). Usual side fading and dented rails but otherwise acceptable condition.

Trying to decide whether to spend the time doing it up or just selling as-is.

Any thoughts on value for a Party Zone?

Consider as a (minor) project, boots up, DMD good and plays but would need a playfield strip and re-rubber (new kit can be supplied). Usual side fading and dented rails but otherwise acceptable condition.

Trying to decide whether to spend the time doing it up or just selling as-is.
Not really a loved game. I think it was at pinfest last year for something like 2k? You might get up to 3k for it.

Market at the low end is quiet though at the moment. Stuff isn't moving like it has in the past 2 years.

Not really a loved game. I think it was at pinfest last year for something like 2k? You might get up to 3k for it.

Market at the low end is quiet though at the moment. Stuff isn't moving like it has in the past 2 years.
Ditto - £2k

I think mm original is worth far more in future, maybe not for next 5 years as the fake (it’s not a remake, it use’s totally differently parts throughout) is still shiny and relatively not used.
Not knocking the fake, I own a afm refake and it’s great, but my real afm will be here if I ever have to sell one 😀

In regards to the CGC remakes. Where do you draw the line.

I mean the AFM sold in march for a tad under £7k had a original Bally speaker panel and boards I presume but had a new CGC cabinet and back box, new playfield (assuming original mechs/wiring) new legs, decals, translight
Maybe coindoor etc.

I mean what is that classed as?
Sold in a hot minute so obviously still very desirable.

Pinball seems to be a strange hobby in that you can replace everything and it actually retains its value and even goes up!

I think the CGC remakes are more of an evolutionary thing rather than fake.
And I think they will hold their price in years to come.
Only if the numbers made far exceeds the originals and they become commonplace will their desirability decrease.

Interesting conversation though.

Can someone please explain why the "original" is so much better than the "fake?"
Many people who play both say that there is, on occasion, a noticeable difference between how an original plays compared to a remake. Other times there can be very little difference. Hence why original is preferred over remake by many people.

I found John's MMr plays no different whereas Neil's AFMr plays very different.

I know people who have bought proper Rolexes . They look the same, behave the same and even have a copied movement.
They are still not the real thing.
My point is there is nothing wrong with the cgc, and I love playing my own one and would buy another.
But it is not the real game , lift up the playfield and open the back box and you will see different products attempting to replicate the original item.
Now if you are happy with that no problemo, but some people appreciate the genuine product even if inferior because of age of components, And not running modern modified software .
It’s all good and let’s people play very hard to find games 👍.
Ps if you don’t like the Rolex analogy, lots of other one’s especially in the car market.

I agree owning an original is the way to go if you’re a hardcore collector but if you’re just a player like me the remakes are better imo. I like fast games so the option to increase coil strength is a big plus!
And my MMr and AFMr have been solid, seem to be the most well built and reliable of all modern machines.

In regards to the CGC remakes. Where do you draw the line.

I mean the AFM sold in march for a tad under £7k had a original Bally speaker panel and boards I presume but had a new CGC cabinet and back box, new playfield (assuming original mechs/wiring) new legs, decals, translight
Maybe coindoor etc.

I mean what is that classed as?
Sold in a hot minute so obviously still very desirable.

Pinball seems to be a strange hobby in that you can replace everything and it actually retains its value and even goes up!

I think the CGC remakes are more of an evolutionary thing rather than fake.
And I think they will hold their price in years to come.
Only if the numbers made far exceeds the originals and they become commonplace will their desirability decrease.

Interesting conversation though.

I know people who have bought proper Rolexes . They look the same, behave the same and even have a copied movement.
They are still not the real thing.
My point is there is nothing wrong with the cgc, and I love playing my own one and would buy another.
But it is not the real game , lift up the playfield and open the back box and you will see different products attempting to replicate the original item.
Now if you are happy with that no problemo, but some people appreciate the genuine product even if inferior because of age of components, And not running modern modified software .
It’s all good and let’s people play very hard to find games 👍.
Ps if you don’t like the Rolex analogy, lots of other one’s especially in the car market.

027FF44D-208B-401B-B967-1FC198BDA717.gif

I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.

Depends which way you look at it..

I like originals, but replacing coils, sleeves, linkages, rubbers, playfields etc.. I know that the smaller parts are perishable and required to be replaced, but that doesn’t make it original anymore unless the parts are Nos Williams/Bally stock.

I’m quite sad, I only like NOS coils for my games.
But have rubbers and replacement parts for flippers, pop bumpers from other manufacturers..

My TAFG has a replacement cabinet.. so I can’t really call that 100% original anymore..
New playfields… especially the poor quality wood used these days… if a game has a new playfield in it.. definitely not original..

I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.

Depends which way you look at it..

I like originals, but replacing coils, sleeves, linkages, rubbers, playfields etc.. I know that the smaller parts are perishable and required to be replaced, but that doesn’t make it original anymore unless the parts are Nos Williams/Bally stock.

I’m quite sad, I only like NOS coils for my games.
But have rubbers and replacement parts for flippers, pop bumpers from other manufacturers..

My TAFG has a replacement cabinet.. so I can’t really call that 100% original anymore..
New playfields… especially the poor quality wood used these days… if a game has a new playfield in it.. definitely not original..
Yeah but if it’s a decent Manny effort cab it’s going to be better than original which I think yours is😎 it’s the new playfields that are the let down😏
Saying that my CGC MMR LE playfield is very good, like new still. Actually it’s all good😂

Planetary has given approval for the likes of Mirco to reproduce. I honestly haven’t seen a bad B/W playfield on games that haven’t been in an arcade.

They hold up really well from what I have seen/had over the years.

My TAFG cab is a Manny cab, but not “original” depends on how pure you are 😂

The conversation about if the original is worth more than the remake over time is all about personal opinion and what each person values. It sounds like the people who have spoken are evenly split between wanting the original 1990's ethos, vs those who appreciate the game play is very similar and the reliability with modern features have value.

Most collectables have a series of points that increase or decrease the valuation. Originality and condition often play a conflicting role. Poor condition cars can be over restored, losing originality. But others appreciate being able to drive an E-Type Jag with good brakes, suspension and an engine without leaks and difficult starts.

I like to tinker, so when the time comes, I will be looking for an original Monster Bash but I am not sure if I would pay less for the remake but I do suspect I could find an original for less due to its condition.

Point to add, the remakes are still relatively young compared to the originals knocking on 30 years. It will be interesting to see in another 20 years, the difference in values will most certainly be wider apart and the originals more wanted.

In 20 years I’ll be in my early 70s.

Can’t really see me giving a **** whether a MM is an original or a remake.

Rather than the value gap increasing I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that both will be near enough worthless.

It’s a horrible thought but I’d suggest the only people who will be buying them will be The equivalent of todays hipsters.

Will pinball still be a thing in20 years. id say yes. it’s physical and unpredictable. that’s it’s usp compared to video games, that’s why it’s made a come back.

a bog std nib will be £23k by then, and i think mmo and mmr will be the same value. £19-20k

In 20 years I’ll be in my early 70s.

Can’t really see me giving a **** whether a MM is an original or a remake.

Rather than the value gap increasing I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that both will be near enough worthless.

It’s a horrible thought but I’d suggest the only people who will be buying them will be The equivalent of todays hipsters.
I was only saying to my Mrs the other day about selling my remake as I hardly play it, an instant no as she likes it and it’s my grandkids favourite😏
I can think of better things to do with the money these days, I’m 54 and my son who is in his 6th year at medical school said you better start enjoying life before you are too old.
He is 100% correct and if I had somewhere nearby I could play they would be gone and I would be that guy on the jet ski screaming in the Caribbean😂

Remakes are great and I have/had the high end original restores. Happy to have either😎

Back
Top Bottom