What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale The Getaway II £2800

For me, it doesn’t matter when they joined, it’s poor form for a seller to do this regardless if it’s a pin or any other item they are trying to sell.

I understand that others have obviously tried and in this cases probably succeeded in gazumping Paul, which again is poor form in itself, if they had prior knowledge to it being sold/pending, but ultimately it’s the seller who makes the final decision weather or not to decline these offers and sell to the original buyer at the agreed price or not.

For me, it doesn’t matter when they joined, it’s poor form for a seller to do this regardless if it’s a pin or any other item they are trying to sell.

I understand that others have obviously tried and in this cases probably succeeded in gazumping Paul, which again is poor form in itself, if they had prior knowledge to it being sold/pending, but ultimately it’s the seller who makes the final decision weather or not to decline these offers and sell to the original buyer at the agreed price or not.

So hands up people who’s the new owner 🤣

You’ve only got to list a machine for sale on here to realise how many lurkers are on here just to buy machines. The seedy under belly of pinball info!! They come out the woodwork. When I listed my taxi for sale on April fools (the April fool was the fact I’d actually sell taxi and not the price!) the amount of messages I had from people I’d never seen before was insane.

APOLOGY
Good evening all - I'm extremely sorry to have caused so much upset about this. This is the first pinball I've owned (and dearly loved) and as a consequence the first one I've sold. I'm not familiar with the equitquette / unspoken rules (I only signed up to this site today) and I do understand your points above. I'm sure you're all familiar with the sealed bids concept where there's lots of interest in an item, however, I don't want to burn any bridges and hope to buy a new machine once I've moved house. So ... I will go back through my messages, work out who was the first to respond and offer them the sale at the asking price, if they don't want it I'll ask the next in chronological order etc. Once again, very sorry, peace and loving kindness to you all

So hands up people who’s the new owner 🤣
**** knows

But I just so happen to have a The Getaway II for sale, bidding starts at 3k!!!!! :D
APOLOGY
Good evening all - I'm extremely sorry to have caused so much upset about this. This is the first pinball I've owned (and dearly loved) and as a consequence the first one I've sold. I'm not familiar with the equitquette / unspoken rules (I only signed up to this site today) and I do understand your points above. I'm sure you're all familiar with the sealed bids concept where there's lots of interest in an item, however, I don't want to burn any bridges and hope to buy a new machine once I've moved house. So ... I will go back through my messages, work out who was the first to respond and offer them the sale at the asking price, if they don't want it I'll ask the next in chronological order etc. Once again, very sorry, peace and loving kindness to you all
You are forgiven my son

APOLOGY
That’s easy it was me 🤪

I sold a machine recently, 2nd interested party messaged me seconds after the first, offering more money, I went with the first interest party, they paid asking price, collected it quickly, but what was the most important, he was a very nice guy and local!

Don’t suppose the last bit matters, it was just the right thing to do.

Big shout out to James, johns son for helping me today add getaway to my collection 🤩…. Worked out in the end thanks John !
68B9336A-69AB-4DC2-87EB-0D71DE0753D2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom