What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale The Getaway II £2800

Hagerty1967

Registered
This was one of the first machines I ever played, and I'm so glad to have had a couple of years with it again, but now moving so need to sell :(
Never get tiered of it, always challenging !!
Great working condition, yes the logos on the side are a bit faded but ok.
Buyer to collect from Pewsey in Wilstshire call to arrange a visit
John : 07739 732805
20230427_163422.jpg
20230427_163414.jpg
20230427_163428.jpg
20230508_105347.jpg
20230508_105353.jpg
20230508_105447.jpg

Don't do it! Seriously, don't move...keep the pin ;)

I love this game, stone cold classic

Hi all can I just make people aware of the actions of this seller please … I was first to message and agree on buying the hs2 , I think the price was fair I didn’t haggle and agreed to pay the advertised amount and then requested when would be best to collect . The seller has since had other interest and now believes he’s under selling it … which isn’t good forum etiquette at all … I’ve been trying to contact him today and have since received the last text off him basically saying he’s going to sealed bids whoever bids highest wins so to speak … this is a nonsense on this sight if you advertise a pin at a price and you get that price and then get further interest you can’t then start a bidding auction . Tazturbo could of sold bsd several times but he stood by his advert and was happy with what he advertised at !

If you are in talks with this seller to pay more than he was originally advertising it for or are prepared to start an auction with this pin you are nuts …

Seller advertises price : buyer prepared to pay said amount : deal done

Should be no room on this forum for sellers like this
08F3F63F-23CF-446D-850F-1D30FDC286F8.png
0E893859-15A7-4E6E-A51D-7EBFD0F94E3F.png
E84C5AF5-375A-4396-B044-C75089E38DC6.png

Shocking behaviour that does your tits in, I suspect this also may go on more than we think also. One to watch out for thanks for sharing.

You'll find a better machine soon enough without all this kind of hassle.

Hi all can I just make people aware of the actions of this seller please … I was first to message and agree on buying the hs2 , I think the price was fair I didn’t haggle and agreed to pay the advertised amount and then requested when would be best to collect . The seller has since had other interest and now believes he’s under selling it … which isn’t good forum etiquette at all … I’ve been trying to contact him today and have since received the last text off him basically saying he’s going to sealed bids whoever bids highest wins so to speak … this is a nonsense on this sight if you advertise a pin at a price and you get that price and then get further interest you can’t then start a bidding auction . Tazturbo could of sold bsd several times but he stood by his advert and was happy with what he advertised at !

If you are in talks with this seller to pay more than he was originally advertising it for or are prepared to start an auction with this pin you are nuts …

Seller advertises price : buyer prepared to pay said amount : deal done

Same happened to me recently, Made a deal for a pin that was agreed by both parties for £3800, Then the vultures circled and he ignored me and took a better offer, I was in the process of ringing martin to pick it up when he told me had a better offer and I needed to up my offer :mad:

It was on fleabay though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@pa
Same happened to me recently, Made a deal that was agreed by both parties for £3800, Then the vultures circled and he ignored me and took a better offer, I was in the process of ringing martin to pick it up when he told me had a better offer and I needed to up my offer :mad:

It was on fleabay though :rolleyes:
Well this ain’t eBay …this kind of crap don’t roll round here

It’s no big miss Paul and IMHO overpriced!
I love the game and have owned several over the years. I sold my last one not too long ago for £2250 with all my protectors fitted (24 of them in total) and she was a really nice example with zero lights out and Full LED conversion and re-rubber.

You are lucky to let this one Getaway 😝
Like what I did there 🤪

Perhaps seller didn’t know that’s not ok on the forum? Hopefully he will see from the reactions that’s not how it works here and honour your buy. If you still want it ofc

Old codger alert…
I agree with Chris, regrettably.
Recently we arranged to buy a machine, all was agreed.
When I turned up to collect, the owners had been in there words “harassed by a forum member to accept another £500 or send me packing!”
Crazy behaviour….. caused alot of stress and anxiety for both sides….
Needless to say…….
Me: “keep it then” “sell it to the do-gooder?”
Owner: “oh he doesn’t want it, he just doesn’t want you to have it for £x”
Me:😱
Owner a week later…..
“I’ve decided that you can have it now for what we agreed “
Me:🤦🏽‍♂️ “No you’re ok……..
What a waste of time……
Don’t normally winge, but it really pushed me buttons! Which if you know me is not perticularly easy unless you happen to be a TSPP 🤣 moan over….
Hope this one comes good 😊 Keef…👊🏼

Last edited:
I sold my Mint Ruby Red to Phill & Chris for £5700, one was selling for £12k I noticed the other day....Phil ? any chance of lobbing me another few grand lol (joke of course)
Naa not good to do that.

There are some proper jokers out there, I personally wouldn’t pay more than £2800 for that HS2, there are tons of them about. Just wait for the next one to come up for a similar price.
I had enough trouble when selling my sister’s TOM. I had a lot of interest, but everyone had a load of different questions or concerns that at one stage I had to ask myself if it was really worth the hassle.
Lucky in the end I found the right buyer for it.

Don’t be fooled thinking it’s just the seller at fault here. There are also people on here who will try and gazump a deal by offering more than the agreed amount (hidden in pm’s) after the fact because they have missed out by not being quick enough. I’ve experienced it a number of times but have always honoured the deal I’ve already made. These people are just as bad

Also Chris b is 100% correct - the what’s it worth thread has been an unofficial eBay for years with people just fishing for pm bids by saying they are thinking of moving something on. In most cases they aren’t inexperienced with no grasp of value they know exactly what their bottom line is and trying to generate as high a bid as possible. Someone with time on their hands should work out how many requests for valuations (to sell a pin) actually translate into a for sale post. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s under 10%

Last edited:
Old codger alert…
I agree with Chris, regrettably.
Recently we arranged to buy a machine, all was agreed.
When I turned up to collect, the owners had been in there words “harassed by a forum member to accept another £500 or send me packing!”
Crazy behaviour….. caused alot of stress and anxiety for both sides….
Needless to say…….
Me: “keep it then” “sell it to the do-gooder?”
Owner: “oh he doesn’t want it, he just doesn’t want you to have it for £x”
Me:😱
Owner a week later…..
“I’ve decided that you can have it now for what we agreed “
Me:🤦🏽‍♂️ “No you’re ok……..
What a waste of time……
Don’t normally winge, but it really pushed me buttons! Which if you know me is not perticularly easy unless you happen to be a TSSP🤣 moan over….
Hope this one comes good 😊 Keef…👊🏼
Holy cow Keef you a top bloke and a gentleman and don’t deserve to be greeted with **** like that.
It’s one thing to give advice openly on the what’s it worth thread but harassing a seller through a pm and telling him to ask for another £500 or send you packing is just not cricket.
Let’s name shame and burn him at the stake I say!
Well maybe not but this is not community spirit at its best to say the least.

All comes to he who waits Keef and Karma can be an absolute Biaaaaatch!

Back
Top Bottom