What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Flintstones

I was thinking I might LED it. Is there a go to place to buy LED kits? Ideally with idiot proof layout instructions
Speak to pinball led uk about a kit. They have a section on the for sale section offering discount. They send a numbered sheet out so you know where to stick them.

Also if you don't already have tools you're going to need a load of imperial spanners and sockets. Can get quite fiddly removing rails and plastics to get some leds in. Had to do a complete strip down to fit the buggers in wcs

Okay cheers Darren. Will get in touch with them. As for tools I need a new socket set anyway so good excuse to grab one

SIL380111-500x500.jpg
31fISZWyASL.jpg

That's what you need really. A nut driver that bends and quarter imperial sockets

Thanks man, will investigate. Being my first pin I've not even looked under the play field yet. Need to build some confidence with taking things apart etc

Getting A LOT better at scoring on it now. Cracked the billion last night. I'm coming for your high score Gaz!

Interesting, I never know which LED's to buy either, even when you go to pinball LED do you normally get premium or superbright? I was thinking of LED'ing a few of mine .

These are awesome..

SYL_44_IMAGE_ZM.jpg

They really do look like soft LEDs and also don't require the expensive OCD hardware, although the way the brightness ramps up and down you would think there's one fitted...

Also they work with stock factory roms and have anti-ghosting technology built in.

They really do look close to a NoFlix-soft-white-OCD-freznel-lens-saw-u-comin-LED. *really* close....

Oh did i mention they're cheap too...?

(smirk...)

These are awesome..

View attachment 39728

They really do look like soft LEDs and also don't require the expensive OCD hardware, although the way the brightness ramps up and down you would think there's one fitted...

Also they work with stock factory roms and have anti-ghosting technology built in.

They really do look close to a NoFlix-soft-white-OCD-freznel-lens-saw-u-comin-LED. *really* close....

Oh did i mention they're cheap too...?

(smirk...)
What is that antique looking thing?
My grandad used to talk about them. Apparently they used to melt plastics and you were always replacing them because the element would blow? They did come in any colour you want though providing you have access to halfords paint supply. But electricity used to be a lot cheaper back then so it probably worked out about the same with the bills.

Pinbal leds are very good and also comet if you know what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking I might LED it. Is there a go to place to buy LED kits? Ideally with idiot proof layout instructions

I was the same as you this time last year. It looks pretty daunting under the playfield but once you have lifted it once it isn't so bad. I'm useless with electronics but have replaced bulbs without much issue. Just be careful you dont accidentally pull/catch any cables and make sure you remove the balls before lifting the table!

A full game-specific LED set is a good starting point but you may then like to tailor it to your own taste. I've found yellow LEDs are not very bright so use warm white instead, cool white under blue inserts etc.

I was the same as you this time last year. It looks pretty daunting under the playfield but once you have lifted it once it isn't so bad. I'm useless with electronics but have replaced bulbs without much issue. Just be careful you dont accidentally pull/catch any cables and make sure you remove the balls before lifting the table!

A full game-specific LED set is a good starting point but you may then like to tailor it to your own taste. I've found yellow LEDs are not very bright so use warm white instead, cool white under blue inserts etc.
Agreed. I hate the yellow leds. Alwayd get loads in kits too

I think the point on incandescents is a fair one. I have a mixture across my games. Incandescents have a better glow when used in GI, games can seem dark with led GI as they do not cast light as widely

Incandescents also allow for dimming effects programmed into the software

Remember that in most games the bulbs are filthy, as are the inserts. Simply cleaning them makes a massive difference and really freshens up the game

If your inserts are in good order (not faded, cracked) , I would try cleaning a few inserts and bulbs first

Back
Top Bottom