What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big Lebowski

I should really as I only have room for 7 or 8 setup, but most of mine are in really great shape so they would be hard to find again in their condition.

I have worked out that with the 4 incoming I will olny be able to have 6 or 7 setup the rest folded, with maybe 1 on loan or in another room, I'm only allowed them in 1 room! Boo.

Planning a pin-shack in a year or so, but mega bucks as I really want a big one, i.e. able to have 16 to 20 games setup.

I'll get the next JJP, and the Pinball Circus next year I think, and you?

Not selling any, but not allowed any in the house so cabin will have all 11 in there. Probably 10 up 1 folded, if I get rid of my Coke fridge then will all fit.
TBL
PRED
HOBBIT
Are coming, this WOOLY looks good too.

Not selling any, but not allowed any in the house so cabin will have all 11 in there. Probably 10 up 1 folded, if I get rid of my Coke fridge then will all fit.
TBL
PRED
HOBBIT
Are coming, this WOOLY looks good too.
Steady on, you need somewhere to keep your beer cold.

Looks the best pin out of all the current offerings. Plenty to do, awesome sounds, and a great art package. Those DP guys have done very well indeed.

I'm not feeling the love for this one yet, the thing that does draw me to it is how well it looks to be put together and the attention to detail. I think they will nail it, but no rush to order - which is a GOOD thing

My favourite all round package at Expo. Very glad I am not a fan of the theme - saves me money;)
Very impressed the way DP are doing business. I see a DP game in my future:cool:

Were the song owners asking for too much? I guess they could ship with any song and give the owner the option to replace the shipped songs with there own songs and that would solve the problem.

Were the song owners asking for too much? I guess they could ship with any song and give the owner the option to replace the shipped songs with there own songs and that would solve the problem.

Really dampened the whole package for me - no Creedence?!

Someone needs to ask DP whether there will be the ability to play with the code and swap songs after it is shipped

Really dampened the whole package for me - no Creedence?!

Someone needs to ask DP whether there will be the ability to play with the code and swap songs after it is shipped
No. Sod that, at what point do we start writing the frickin game code ourselves as well. I'm paying 8k or whatever for a game, I'm not ;), last thing I want is the ballache of trying to match in songs to make it what it should have been. I'm out! I was never technically in, but I'm out anyway ;-)

This is really disappointing! No unique apron and now no original songs.

If the code is not encrypted so that songs can be changed by owners then I will stay in, anymore changes and I will likely save myself £6K

I was sorry to be out but am now glad to be out as the original tracks are IMHO half the damn package.

What with the weed leaf, gun and Kahlua being removed from the artwork, the apron change, now the music.
Who knows if Dan Goodman will in the final game along with plenty of swearing - I am beginning to doubt it, big thing is they (DP) have known about these changes for ages but not fessed up.

Now I know you will probably be able to change the tracks but come on, I'm not paying that much for a TBL 'lite', a game that I have to then have to faf about with to get it as it was promised in the first place.

I now believe the best option for folks is to get out and wait and see the final version of the game, can the tracks be swapped? Is Goodman in it? Are the call outs and sound bites true to the movie? Is anything else removed?

Sadly this pin has little to no interest to me now.

Here's some footage of TBL that I filmed about half an hour ago:

Actually seems worse than a year ago. Wow :-/

At that length those movie clips are gonna get old *fast*, I hope you can skip them.

Not feeling it from that at all. I know videos of pinball often have a way of making them look dull, and I am always wary of judging without playing,.... but that looks dull.

Hate to say it but the "we are allowed to use the music from the film" quote from Dutch pinball last year was clearly a lie. Getting a licence from a film does not include music. You need two separate licences, one for the recorded version and one from their publishers. Getting a range of music from different record labels and publishers is always a PITA. Re-recording tracks will get around the problem of record labels but not publishers.
Dutch pinball probably still don't have the synch right for the music even if they pay for tracks to be re-recorded - this has to come from the publishers. It's not impossible to get but you have to agree a different licence for each piece of music.
Are we about to see Skit-B pt II?

Back
Top Bottom