What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking for a Dirty Harry and this isn’t too far, but surely 2k for a very clearly arcade quality DH already pushing top dollar?
I would have thought 2k is high, but with the current prices around, who knows.

Maybe you could go check it out if not to far and see if they would move on the price if bought off eBay?

DH has been selling this year closer to 3k. even in that state at 2k buy it now i would have grabbed that one (its on a starting auction at 2k with offers above) but I imagine seller looking for a lot more. Hope the arcade is looking to upgrade pins rather that get rid of them altogther

I would have thought 2k is high, but with the current prices around, who knows.

Maybe you could go check it out if not to far and see if they would move on the price if bought off eBay?
Might do if I've got a spare couple of hours this weekend!

Agree.. DH is a cracking game, not many DMD’s for less than £2K now days.

I maybe getting my old one back, that’s the only reason I haven’t put in the first bid

Just done some detective work and as far back as 2012 adam's was in rough condition!

"30p a game or 4 games for £1. 3 balls per game. Not a game in very good condition with most of the GI and insert lights out. Thing flipper sticking and Thing not picking up the ball" as per the comment - likely fixed by now but I suspect the game is not tip top.

I have had pins from Barry Island. They were rescued 20 years ago so weren't trashed.
Viewing is easy, just pop in the arcade on the seafront (it has a black sign without writing)

You never know till you get there..
LED kit, playfield clean and some flippper/ coil rebuild kits and you could be happy
I agree. I think with photos on the auction and description, you would definitely want to view before putting in a bid.
I have a feeling though that TAF will get re-listed

If a SMB which looks like it came from an operator raid in Atlantis can sell on here for £1800, then using that logic the Dirty Harry is worth £10k.

Looking closer at the pictures- Mansion - 2 windows have wear, Inlane to the right wear at the wireform drop.

It is filthy, so probably a lot more going on under that lot.. scoop holes look worn too

I'd pay close attention to anyone bigging up or shouting down any pin. Especially if they are a dealer or someone who has said pin in their current lineup.

Always play before you buy. If that's not possible and the seller isn't reputable, prepare thy bumhole.

Both seem to be still on location in an arcade, and from the sound of it will need some work. The cabinet on Dirty Harry looks pretty good.
One bid on TAF 😮

I've played this TAF recently. I was in Barry Island with the kids and out of all the pinball listings online this was the only arcade which actually had any. I was pretty excited as I've not played TAF since I was at uni in the late 90s, and told the kids it was one of the greatest machines of all time.

It was so bad we managed one ball before abandoning it. Flippers felt really weak, one was intermittent whether it worked at all and the whole thing just felt knackered.

Dirty Harry was switched off with the head folded in the entrance to the arcade.

This was about 3 months ago

I imagine DH had a bid but seller was messaged with a cash price he couldn't refuse. Expect to see a wiped over one on eBay for £4995 or something equally daft

Last edited:
Painted cab, but worth a punt for anyone in the area..?

Ballys Vintage Full Size Mini Zag 1950/60 Pinball Machine,

Price: £245

That Mini Zag looks decent, if it was stored working then probably a swab clean over the switch contacts will bring it back and the basic cab art is an easy restore.

I like these Zale zipper flipper machines that can be modded to Added Ball option too :thumbs:

Painted cab, but worth a punt for anyone in the area..?

Ballys Vintage Full Size Mini Zag 1950/60 Pinball Machine,

Price: £245
Must resist! On a completely unrelated note, does EM glass just sit on the machine as opposed to having a rail + lockdown bar?

Must resist! On a completely unrelated note, does EM glass just sit on the machine as opposed to having a rail + lockdown bar?
I think that particular machine has a "canopy" glass, the glass is held in a 4 sided frame comprising side rails and lock bar, it hinges up from the back and has supports that swivel up from the cab to support it.

Yeah, I consider myself very lucky indeed. Shop log incoming.

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_121321053_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211027_121321053_HDR.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20211027_170143236.jpg
    IMG_20211027_170143236.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom