What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Basic marketing principles. I think many here, while are extremely knowledgable about Pinball, aren't exactly covering themselves in glory when complaining about resellers.

There could be a rule that a sticky thread contains sold/buy information including dates and prices regardless of channel, which would help both newcomers and long term members keep track.
At the same time, if a pin was bought from here there's no real excuse to not offer it back on here first, even if the asking price is a bit higher at least then people can say their piece on what they think it's worth.

At the same time, if a pin was bought from here there's no real excuse to not offer it back on here first, even if the asking price is a bit higher at least then people can say their piece on what they think it's worth.
Absolutely, that should be enforced. Personally it was a disrespectful oversight. Even if there is no interest in the pin on here, it raises awareness to the previous owner it's up for sale. It's worth mentioning, while done for the right reasons, it's more complicated to list on here than other channels. The information intake is overwhelming.

Absolutely, that should be enforced. Personally it was a disrespectful oversight. Even if there is no interest in the pin on here, it raises awareness to the previous owner it's up for sale. It's worth mentioning, while done for the right reasons, it's more complicated to list on here than other channels. The information intake is overwhelming.
I don't have a dog in this fight, I can just understand how people would feel slighted when they are trying to preserve a community and feel (rightly or wrongly) like others are trying to take advantage of that or them. You stated your case and your reasoning's so fair play, I think if you didn't care you obviously wouldn't still be here.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I can just understand how people would feel slighted when they are trying to preserve a community and feel (rightly or wrongly) like others are trying to take advantage of that or them. You stated your case and your reasoning's so fair play, I think if you didn't care you obviously wouldn't still be here.
I think people should always call out what they believe to be right. I do know, next time round when my SW trilogy goes up (the replacement), it will be listed on here first.
That would of only happened if people called me out so I'm genuinely grateful they did. Lessons learned and all that.

Here's a suggestion - might be bollx, dunno:

If you offer a pin for sale on here at a good 'forum community' price, then clearly state that in the ad, and point out that the prospective buyer will be expected to offer it back on here first should they decide to sell it in the future. I would hesitate trying to tie them to the same price because a) prices move with time, b) pins go in and out of popularity c) repairs, refurbs, quality mods, etc. all add value. Damage, faults, wear and tear all reduce value.

Maybe this is already the rule - but it aint written down clearly anywhere? is it???

Any suggestions out there for this greatfully received (without alienating half of the forum!!)

I have a £1k+ forum bill for hosting due in the next two weeks... Massive part of me now wanting not to bother. Whats the point?? If the forum doesnt pay for itself then i'm done - I bannkrolled it to the tune of many £k's over a number of years...

Or I could just plaster Adverts all over the place and be done with it.

Personal view - Im fed up of people looking to get the most for everything... Basically "Screw any community... I'm out for what i can get" mentality.
You know what... go to Ebay and see what fun and games you get... or Facebook... I would bet that people get FAR less hassles on here than any of those.

This place isnt perfect. Some would argue in my efforts to get things working better i have broken it - Yes, you know what, I'll take that on the chin. But at least it was done in the attempt to make this place a better place.
Would something along the lines of what UKVac do be feasible - feedback stored on the user's profile both as a Seller and a Buyer?
(I know that you can restrict who can view a profile on here, so maybe it wouldn't work?)
It's optional and down to the users to fill it in of course, but on the things I've bought/sold on there you get a UserX bought item Y from UserZ and then feedback both ways.
Obviously it's only as good as the data that's in it, and some people will never bother, but maybe the 'old' for sale style posts but with the addition of a feedback mechanism might be a middle way?
(Doesn't solve the comments in the sales threads argument though)

Hope you're feeling better :)

I have a £1k+ forum bill for hosting due in the next two weeks... Massive part of me now wanting not to bother. Whats the point?? If the forum doesnt pay for itself then i'm done - I bannkrolled it to the tune of many £k's over a number of years...

Or I could just plaster Adverts all over the place and be done with it.

Personal view - Im fed up of people looking to get the most for everything... Basically "Screw any community... I'm out for what i can get" mentality.
You know what... go to Ebay and see what fun and games you get... or Facebook... I would bet that people get FAR less hassles on here than any of those.

This place isnt perfect. Some would argue in my efforts to get things working better i have broken it - Yes, you know what, I'll take that on the chin. But at least it was done in the attempt to make this place a better place.

I've just been through this with my football forum which I've switched to GoDaddy for a far more competitive dedicated server package. I went from £600 per year to £300 for three years.

If you did wish to go down the advert route then give me a shout because I have a company that looks after mine.

It’s quite tame here in the pinball world you should see some of the mental explosions and expulsions and exiles you can get for flipping stuff from the vintage Star Wars groups I buy from ( a far more addictive hobby at the moment ) people would be almost put to death for selling a plastic toy they bought and then flipped on eBay 😂

This is all fun and games here compared to the dramas happening there , also the same thing has happened with vintage Star Wars stuff, it’s gone through the roof so as always when money comes into it that’s the end of it .

Anyways the fairest way I see it is, offer it back here for whatever you want and if no takers or any offers slap it up on eBay for 99p it and let it roll. Just like Joey Gordon that’s up there now 🤣🤣

It’s quite tame here in the pinball world you should see some of the mental explosions and expulsions and exiles you can get for flipping stuff from the vintage Star Wars groups I buy from ( a far more addictive hobby at the moment ) people would be almost put to death for selling a plastic toy they bought and then flipped on eBay 😂

This is all fun and games here compared to the dramas happening there , also the same thing has happened with vintage Star Wars stuff, it’s gone through the roof so as always when money comes into it that’s the end of it .

Anyways the fairest way I see it is, offer it back here for whatever you want and if no takers or any offers slap it up on eBay for 99p it and let it roll. Just like Joey Gordon that’s up there now 🤣🤣

Absolute ba5tards. That said anyone want to buy this Yoda? Call it £100 😂

PXL_20210222_160448749.jpg

Not posting it here first if bought from here previously should be a ban-able offence if proven imo. I can't see any circumstances where if it's up for sale on ebay they can't put it here too. (Can't believe this bothers me so much, I've only just got here) I just don't want the market to die when I'm just getting started so purely self serving reasoning of course :D

Not posting it here first if bought from here previously should be a ban-able offence if proven imo. I can't see any circumstances where if it's up for sale on ebay they can't put it here too. (Can't believe this bothers me so much, I've only just got here) I just don't want the market to die when I'm just getting started so purely self serving reasoning of course :D
It can take seconds on ebay for a ****ty placeholder listing. Here takes at least 30 mins, usually closer to an hour with required images and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom