What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends £2,000

Andy B

Site Supporter
SOLD PENDING PAYMENT.

Selling for a friend (Lee at Arcade Hub in Hull).

Data East Rocky and Bullwinkle and friends.

Is in OK players condition - see photos. When Lee bought it for the arcade around 2 years ago I gave it a good going over replacing fuses, bulbs that were out, re-rubber, replaced broken switches, cleaning and waxing etc.

Has been in Lee’s arcade for last two years, though arcade is only open Thursday to Sunday and was closed for most of a year because of Covid!

It’s just not up to the beating it takes in there. I maintain Lee’s machines for him - couple of hours a week - and this is the one that I’ve worked on the most. From memory I’ve replaced both VUKs, coil in one of the backbox inserts, trough eject coil and the transistors for all of these, various switches and done a repair to the ramp which had snapped. Was in the arcade tonight and he says it’s developed a random slam tilt issue which I didn’t have a chance to look at. I’ve advised him to sell it. I’m sure this will be OK in a home environment but it’s just not up to the job of being hammered every week in an arcade.

He wants £2,000 for it.

Pick up from Hull or Martin knows where arcade is or Lee may be able to get his mate to deliver to you if you don’t live too far from Hull.

0116BC2B-7C80-4511-969C-99549A332DC3.jpeg
BAB17319-23B1-47DB-8A0C-623429E1EE0C.jpeg
977769BD-1C01-4EC0-ACB2-40C967569CFE.jpeg
32838562-FA06-4E6A-8428-47052E86357F.jpeg
D7226BD9-ED1E-43F0-8BF5-A8F9E887AEC0.jpeg
FF9FF205-F437-488A-A264-065C7E63CD12.jpeg
18145F99-621A-4520-97A9-6E14570902A1.jpeg

Last edited:
A very fun game , I like it - back in the glory days of 2007 or so I remember Pins Anon Nick telling me this was his favourite pinball machine.
He also threw a Popeye in a swimming pool though 😮 so what does he know 😅

I hate the bloody thing!

Each to their own I guess 😊

To my wife's continuous horror Dudley Do Rights is my favourite ride at Universal Orlando,we have to do it as soon as we enter Islands of Adventure. Even with hotel early morning access, I turn left leaving all the Potter nerds turning right :p

Fab fun game, I think it looks better with the blue cab than the black version I had. Animated (proper painted and mirrored) backglass, great call outs, lots of ramps, what’s not to love? :)

This is cheaper than the Jokerz that sold on here recently, based on that alone it’s a very good price! :thumbs:

I’ve seen that Lee’s place in Hull has closed down which is very sad.
This pinball didn't belong to Lee it's actually mine so should not have been put up for sale. I leant it to Lee.

- Ben
I hope anything to do with this pin has been rectified 👍

just want to make it clear that I was not aware that this machine belonged to Ben and not Lee when I listed it for sale in Lee’s behalf. I have been conversing with Ben and we have established that Lee has also offered me an arcade machine for sale which is Ben’s and so not Lee’s to sell.

In the case of this RnB - The buyer had issues with Lee being unresponsive (after the buyer had already paid for the machine) and I tried to help out as much as I could so the buyer eventually got the machine.

I have also stepped in to make sure that some pins that had been loaned to Lee by another member on this group were returned prior to the arcade closing down - this at my own personal expense as I felt guilty as I had put a request out on Lee’s behalf asking for machines to be loaned to the arcade.

I also want to make it clear that I have no connection or financial interest in Arcade Hub Hull. I have been maintaining the pinball machines at Arcade Hub Hull in my free time and have not charged Lee a penny for that time. The last couple of times I have worked on machines in the arcade I have not been paid for parts that I paid for.

I have told Lee that I will not be helping him going forward (he claims that he has the support of the guy that owns the shopping centre the arcade is based in and will be re-opening soon) because of the way he has treat Ben and others on this group.

I can only apologise to folks on this group for any bad experiences you have had with Lee as a result of me introducing you to him and I hope my reputation on this group, which I hope is a good one, is not damaged by my association with him and the help I have tried to give him which has only ever been motivated by a desire (clearly misplaced) to see a young entrepreneur do well during these difficult times for the leisure industry.

just want to make it clear that I was not aware that this machine belonged to Ben and not Lee when I listed it for sale in Lee’s behalf. I have been conversing with Ben and we have established that Lee has also offered me an arcade machine for sale which is Ben’s and so not Lee’s to sell.

In the case of this RnB - The buyer had issues with Lee being unresponsive (after the buyer had already paid for the machine) and I tried to help out as much as I could so the buyer eventually got the machine.

I have also stepped in to make sure that some pins that had been loaned to Lee by another member on this group were returned prior to the arcade closing down - this at my own personal expense as I felt guilty as I had put a request out on Lee’s behalf asking for machines to be loaned to the arcade.

I also want to make it clear that I have no connection or financial interest in Arcade Hub Hull. I have been maintaining the pinball machines at Arcade Hub Hull in my free time and have not charged Lee a penny for that time. The last couple of times I have worked on machines in the arcade I have not been paid for parts that I paid for.

I have told Lee that I will not be helping him going forward (he claims that he has the support of the guy that owns the shopping centre the arcade is based in and will be re-opening soon) because of the way he has treat Ben and others on this group.

I can only apologise to folks on this group for any bad experiences you have had with Lee as a result of me introducing you to him and I hope my reputation on this group, which I hope is a good one, is not damaged by my association with him and the help I have tried to give him which has only ever been motivated by a desire to see a young entrepreneur do well during these difficult times for the leisure industry.

We have already been contacted in support of you to make it clear you acted in good faith

I'd like to thank Andy personally for "repatriating" our machines.

It is a very difficult time for public places of amusement. Unfortunately the demand for pinball is mostly for use in the home . Whether the game can survive long term as purely home entertainment is yet to be seen. Without public exposure how do you attract the next generation of enthusiasts?

Absolutely no blame on Andy but maybe a new rule on here that you can only sell your own Pins and not on behalf of others (even if the 3rd party does genuinely own the Pin)?

See here:

Last edited by a moderator:
So do you still have your machines Ben?

I won't keep posting on this but I'm sure I'll get it sorted with the great help of here and ukvac. Yes there's cabs involved. And yes I can prove ownership of everything. I'm just sad this is happening as I have so much going on in real life I've only just found out.... bad me... also I do know he offered Andy one of my rare cabs for less than I actually paid... luckily Andy didn't take it as that would be something else too as again Andy is a great bloke please do not take any of this against him. He is 110% trustworthy and is a great bloke.

Over and out for now.

Thanks again everyone

- Ben

Maybe this Lee bloke needs exposing a bit more before someone else falls victim and also there is a lot of Lee s on here
Lee Playle. And from speaking to Ben, he has enough going on in his life without Lee ripping him off. I've PM'd Lee (dont know him personally, but hit friend accept to lots of random people on facebook and he was one of them) asking him to explain himself incase its a genuine mistake but had no replies. Ben has enough going on with his families health right now so I'm hoping Lee reads this and sorts it out.

I'm guessing your username was Chris B and you came and got my getaway pin in Macclesfield years ago now and I bought the above pin.

- Ben
Ah yes Ben I do how can I forget having to get that out of the bedroom and down the stairs lol
I hope you get this resolved and it all works out for you ok

Back
Top Bottom