What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold TAXI

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all,

For sale is my Taxi, it has been stripped down and new rubbers in those hard to reach areas. I have a new topper for it, with new stickers but not yet attached. This is the Marilyn version but I think all are in UK. Not sure.

It has had the boards checked over by Mark S, as it developed a fault, but she’s all up and running.

Since having it I have:

- Stripped and Cleaned the Machine
- Re rubbered
- New Laminated Cards
- New Topper
- Board (MPU) checked over by Mark S and remote battery holder added
- 5V cap and BR replaced
- Sorted a couple of electrical repairs (pictured) with proper repairs.
- Col’s plastic protectors

The bad

- Backbox has two screws in it at the very base, not noticeable really but there.
- Playfield has wear on left in-lane as well as a couple of inserts (Gorbie)

Freebies

It comes with a tonne of stuff like 3/4 Plastic set, manual copy, the original Williams hat as pictured in backglass, some rubbers, decals etc.

Where do I pitch this? Well, I’ve explained why I’m putting it out there as this, let’s see where it gets to and what the market is on it. As I don’t know tbh.

£1,850

D12ECA6F-AC3D-4EBC-B030-3D6D710E8E95.jpeg

F26ED173-0ADD-4EDF-90F4-77239497DF56.jpeg

1B01AA53-580B-4C0F-B26B-7A6E2F447712.jpeg
8048230F-7859-482B-8BA8-5F045D5E7A1F.jpeg
1E19B943-B136-4985-A7DF-C7353267D762.jpeg
5E53310A-543B-45C7-8F1C-20905D4494B3.jpeg
8FCEAE45-56AD-4A8F-8AF0-193A8490E0A6.jpeg
2E305249-E37C-484C-9BD9-ABD597466E33.jpeg
F48AE312-D21A-4553-BC72-55BA12CDE55F.jpeg
D1A70D53-027E-432F-96BA-8642104F7A2B.jpeg
71025988-CAE0-4C60-B7B2-D8F740814856.jpeg

Seems a very fair price to me James. Doubt you'll find a much nicer example!

It was way under-priced at £800 in my view. You would expect to pay that kind of money for a beaten up Lola!

I remember this being up for sale on the forum in August last year. Almost had it myself as it was local to me, in great shape and only £800 :oops:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...00-working-much-loved-machine-£800-ono.43555/

Yes I made a deal with the owner to split any profit on the machine, so this isn't a fliperooney - well it is and it isn't.

It developed a fault and what with me setting up my new business, the board went out to Mark S. I would've kept it, but in all honesty, it peeved me off being out of action so soon after getting it.

In all honesty, I am looking to get my BSD back in the pinshed, IMDN to take GOTG place and sell this and Strange Science probably to pick up @Pick Holder AS. So that's the story as it stands.

Thanks for all the interest.

I’m not sure the buyer will want to say the arrangement, but it’s going to someone I know will be extremely well looked after just not for a few months and as a reflection on the buyer, at a lower price.

@Paul a donation will come in once it goes through in May.

In all honesty, I am looking to get my BSD back in the pinshed, IMDN to take GOTG place and sell this and Strange Science probably to pick up @Pick Holder AS. So that's the story as it stands.

these dilemas sound so familiar. "if i just swap game A for B then sell C and D and get that E from Mr X then game F G and H can come out of storage . And repeat

I just wish I had the ones in storage @steve brum - would’ve LOVED to have kept GOTG but it’s just the way of it

these dilemas sound so familiar. "if i just swap game A for B then sell C and D and get that E from Mr X then game F G and H can come out of storage . And repeat

Hey James, your post has been hijacked by Steve ! ………:rofl:

Hey James, your post has been hijacked by Steve ! ………:rofl:

I read it like that too initially!

This arvo @MajesticPinball was all up in my WhatsApp piling on the peer pressure. Considering his arguments sucked it just goes to show how impressionable I am. Caved in like 30 minutes.

She'll look sweet next to Diner. Cheers dude 👌

Glad you took it @stumblor - always said from the off you’d end up with it and you did and what a price - you’re lucky we spoke last night as the offers were coming in today lol

@James don't forget my comission 😂😂 Davey's willpower is very poor to be fair, I only had to say that he needed it twice because it was beautiful lol

I read it like that too initially!

This arvo @MajesticPinball was all up in my WhatsApp piling on the peer pressure. Considering his arguments sucked it just goes to show how impressionable I am. Caved in like 30 minutes.

She'll look sweet next to Diner. Cheers dude 👌

You shouldn’t take advice from someone who has to sleep on a pinball machine due to his habit.........😀

Yes I made a deal with the owner to split any profit on the machine, so this isn't a fliperooney - well it is and it isn't.

It developed a fault and what with me setting up my new business, the board went out to Mark S. I would've kept it, but in all honesty, it peeved me off being out of action so soon after getting it.

You, nor anybody else, does not need to justify what they are selling a machine for.
If it's priced too high it won't sell
If it's priced too low it will be snapped up instantly.

If you buy low and sell high, so what? It's nobody elses business, as long as the original seller, and new buyer are happy with what they received, and what they forked out.
Happy days.

Too many people getting offended by a transaction that doesn't involve them in any shape or form.

I agree with you Wayne and Chris, I had recent experience of this, on a machine I'd spent a lot of money on - I had to replace a knackered Power Driver Board, fix issues, replace plastics , install LEDs/rubbers and was accused of over-pricing a machine.

Anyway it's great to see this Taxi go to a good home, I've owned 2 myself in the past (last one was a Marilyn) and it's a real classic in my view.

Nice pins always sell quickly.
I'm sure the Strange science will sell quickly too as it is a great pin for £700 and a few were interested before in it iirc

Nice pin, good price. Not sure why the previous owner still thinks he has some say in the matter. It happens though. Probably not so keen to go halves on loss I'd bet.

Hi all,

This is now back available due to unforeseen circumstances, HOWEVER, please note the following.

The game has developed the sound issue again and blown a cap on the board, I mean pop. It is tombstoned as when it happened, as it was someone else’s(at the time) I said ******** to it, they can do it if they want.

So, in that vein - it is here, tombstoned. I have it on good authority - that...

“That looks like C26 the 100uF 25v cap that delivers the smoothing to the -12v for U4 and U5 OpAmps in the music sound section of the motherboard. Swap them both out and the cap (higher voltages on the cap rating are fine) the chip is one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262345976090. Take the lot out replace the cap and make sure that you have a clean -12v then put the chips in. Sling the out chips out, don’t try to save them.”

Given this - which will need board pulling (or doing yourself) and sending to your friendly board repairman - £1650 takes it. If it doesn’t go before Martin arrives(think it’s next week) I will dismantle, order up parts and re-list once fixed.

Those that were interested before have been messaged and will get preference on it first.

Back
Top Bottom