What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale: Williams Taxi. 100% working. Much Loved Machine - £800 ono

PinballZombie

Registered
I'm moving house so have to sell my much loved Taxi table. Its 100% working and in excellent condition. Been playing it a lot recently as I know i'm about to lose it.

You should be able to see it working before you buy it if you act quickly. I have a bunch of extra plastics and balls and polish and bits and bobs that I will chuck in. I even have the promotional taxi driver cap that was provided by Williams originally to promote the table. I have the full operations manual with wiring diagrams and circuit board schematics.

Check out photographs of my table here Taxi Pinball Table You can see it looks great. A few of the rubbers have deteriorated since these photos were taken, but they bounce just fine and can be cheaply and easily replaced to make the table look this good again.

I live in Leicester near J21 of the M1. You will need a van or a large estate car where seats fold flat to take the table. You can google for dimensions of pinball tables if you are unsure. They are big heavy things. You will need to come with a couple of friends to help you manoeuvre it out to the car and ideally you will have the appropriate dolly carts or lifting equipment.

I do need to point out that collection of the table and extraction from the house is going to be on you. My back isn't great at the moment so I'm not sure how much help I will be. The table will have to go out the back of my terrace house and then down the entry way. Unfortunately since I bought the table and moved it in that way my neighbour has fitted a plastic door on the end of the entry way. The associated frame of that door has knocked a precious few inches off the entrance and the width of the head box will no longer pass through it. This means either the head will have to be removed, or at the least the hinges that allow head to be lowered unbolted and the head box rotated through 30 degrees, to allow the table to fit through the gap and then re-bolted the other side.

I would suggest somebody with the appropriate tools and experience with moving pinball tables will have no problem. As I say this process is going to be on you. You can ring to discuss this with me or pop round and have a look beforehand if you need to.

My mobile phone number is xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
If the OP agrees to sticks with their original listed price then someone has grabbed themselves a great buy.

Last edited:
I am hoping that those pics were from when it was new, as that looks stunning. Almost pristine. Must be one of the nicest taxis around

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, - me and the OP have come to an arrangement that we are both happy with, as all that know me, know I don't flip and have refused sales to people such as HLD on the premise that I don't agree in blatant flipping to make a quick dime, or to be overpricing in the market and to newbies.

For all that have commented - you will be able to see Taxi live on theukpinballclub stream soon, pickup is happening shortly.

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, - me and the OP have come to an arrangement that we are both happy with, as all that know me, know I don't flip and have refused sales to people such as HLD on the premise that I don't agree in blatant flipping to make a quick dime, or to be overpricing in the market and to newbies.

For all that have commented - you will be able to see Taxi live on theukpinballclub stream soon, pickup is happening shortly.
Get it to Pinfest!

Frankly, as long as you did any amount better than 800 then nobody could have an issue whatsoever. All good stuff and I must say I do approve of trying to keep the games in community. I've nothing against games room suppliers, or people making money for that matter, but frankly I'm a broke bastard and games that leave the 'internal' community circle are games I'll not be able to ever consider this decade, so I have a selfish view on it!

OK. I's sold. Please stop telling me I didn't ask enough for it. :) It's starting to make me feel bad. I've had several calls offering me considerably more than the £800 asking but I have promised it to James. My bad for not doing the research but James has given me first dibs on buying it back and seems a great guy so I'm happy...

Consider this thread closed. (unless you want to keep telling me how stupid I was)

She looks in lovely nick! A great buy by the looks of things.

Underhanded deals offering more once something is sold is pretty low. I've never done it and never ever will. I may say "2nd or 3rd dibs if it falls through" but that's all I'll ever do.

Back
Top Bottom