What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted TAF parts and other odds and sods

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hey gang

Having perused the pics of the TAF I bought yesterday I’m trying to identify some parts I will need when I’m shopping it.

So far I can see I’ll need the following, so if anyone has these in their spare trousers, I’d love to hear from you to save ordering abroad.

1x pair of sling plastics

Mansion overlay (or a scan of one for me to print)

Single slot coin door and bezel

Or any other TAFFY things you think migh be of interest.

Thanks muchly

Gaz

hi bud.....i do my own mansions when i restore them by hand but i do use the inserts and the occasional window decal..my daughter did me a digital drawing of the mansion which is very good if you want me to send it ?
also i did 6 playfield restorations last year of addams but i do have one which i used to practice on and perfect the colours ,it looks brand new and the clear is like glass .as it was a practice piece i can sell you that for £500 plus p and p,if you dont think its up to scratch send it back and i will happily refund , a real mansion and decals could set you back £100 plus i presume ?.....happy to email the mansion any way for free...chris

Hi Chris

Wow thanks very much mate. The playfield is hugely tempting but I’m already trying to figure out how to tell the family we’re not going on holiday because I’ve bought this :rofl:

I just wouldn’t be able to stretch to it for a while (by which time I’m sure it’ll be sold once someone reads this!) plus i’d be paying someone to do the swap as I can’t allcoate the time and effort currently. I may well U turn on this statement when I have the machine in front of me and see the extent of it!!

If it’s not too cheeky though I’d love to have a copy of the scanned mansion.
The mansion overlay on BoP Germany is £35 but not sure how good it is!!

Thanks very much for everyone’s advice.

And @MartinY i intend to just stick the overlay straight over the top. Hopefully it’ll all line up and cover exactly, then I’ll just put a pf protector over the top and leave it be. If not I’ll be chasing Martin up for his refurbed playfield :rofl:

no worries bud im here if you want it in the future ...if the masion is only £35 quid it may be worth buying that ..im happy to send for nowt but you will need to print and i presume laminate it ?? mail me your e mail if you want it ......chris

I did the bookcase decal on mine. Once you have it you can't believe the game didn't ship with it.

Thanks for the link mate. Typically they’re out of stock in Europe for this particular overlay.
So did you just scrape away the existing insert text before applying it?

Think mine came fairly quick from USA. As far as I remember, yes, scraped off existing text, otherwise you end up with double text in windows.

just some advise i found,,maybe others didnt ??,,,,,,,,,,,,the mansion overlays never line up,you either will get festers head on and the mansions roof doesnt align ,the insets are not always completely clear once stuck and also the worst is its really sticks like glue once stuck (you have one chance to get it right),to peel it off results in tearing it ,damaging it or aligning one section better but mis aligning another area.also the inserts become murky as the glue has been ripped up...its really hard to do !!
thats why ive never used them on a refurb. saying that,they are really good quality and without spending a fortune can make the game look better under normal glass /light conditions if thats all you want ..........the scan i have was scanned then digitally drawn to keep the quality but it will be no better or worse than the ones bought online..im happy to send but be aware of the limitations of applying it,,they can be really frustrating ,especially as taking out your mansion window decals will damage your playfield even more ....

just some advise i found,,maybe others didnt ??,,,,,,,,,,,,the mansion overlays never line up,you either will get festers head on and the mansions roof doesnt align ,the insets are not always completely clear once stuck and also the worst is its really sticks like glue once stuck (you have one chance to get it right),to peel it off results in tearing it ,damaging it or aligning one section better but mis aligning another area.also the inserts become murky as the glue has been ripped up...its really hard to do !!
thats why ive never used them on a refurb. saying that,they are really good quality and without spending a fortune can make the game look better under normal glass /light conditions if thats all you want ..........the scan i have was scanned then digitally drawn to keep the quality but it will be no better or worse than the ones bought online..im happy to send but be aware of the limitations of applying it,,they can be really frustrating ,especially as taking out your mansion window decals will damage your playfield even more ....

Thanks Chris. Sounds a bit of a mare.
Would the wet application method work do you think?
If also considered printing your file on to water slide decal but not sure if the application of the laquer would cause the thing to curl up and stick together before it could be applied
I have pm’d you mate

Yeah saw that mate and was thinking the same. It’s not like it’s absolutely mullered. I’m actually favouring that

Here is photo of mine if it helps, as Chris Platt says, Festers head + top of railings doesn't line up perfectly, but windows on mine still look good after 6 years. Not a perfect solution, suppose depends how worn your mansion is. Must admit, am also tempted by new play field, though might end up being lot more than I bargained for, as then would probably want to then renew loads of other bits, as new play field would show them up!

Just out of interest, do you how much would p+p be ? & would you be interested in old play field in px?

20180224_121542.jpg

Here is photo of mine if it helps, as Chris Platt says, Festers head + top of railings doesn't line up perfectly, but windows on mine still look good after 6 years. Not a perfect solution, suppose depends how worn your mansion is. Must admit, am also tempted by new play field, though might end up being lot more than I bargained for, as then would probably want to then renew loads of other bits, as new play field would show them up!

Just out of interest, do you how much would p+p be ? & would you be interested in old play field in px?

View attachment 59616

Looks fine to me mate. My mansion is ok just 2 really mullered ones with text missing the others are ok ish so might go the individual insert route

If you end up buying a set ....I could maybe use 1 or 2 for a couple of worn inserts ...not mansion ones ;):D;)
What ones are you after Sgt ? I think I have a set lying in my TAF, it’s at a friends house though so will need to check. Bought the mansion decal and it came with a load of other decals, can’t really remember what was there, but it’s lying in the coin box.

Chickened out of doing the decal so far (only been about 2 years)

What ones are you after Sgt ? I think I have a set lying in my TAF, it’s at a friends house though so will need to check. Bought the mansion decal and it came with a load of other decals, can’t really remember what was there, but it’s lying in the coin box.

Chickened out of doing the decal so far (only been about 2 years)

Mate I will defo need the 3 Million and grave yard at max ones if they’re a goer???

I’d be mega grateful :thumbs:

hi bud.....i did 6 playfield restorations last year of addams but i do have one which i used to practice on and perfect the colours ,it looks brand new and the clear is like glass .as it was a practice piece i can sell you that for £500 plus p and p...chris

Chris,

If Spandangler or simiono don't want your TAF playfield, if still available I'll take it. Happy if you wish to post it or as I'm fairly local could collect next weekend.

Let me know,

Chris.

@simono ......was that message aimed at me ? bit vague on who you were talking to..@taz turbo and others pm,s sent,,i actually have two practice addams but one is in clear coat for the next few months,

Back
Top Bottom