What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAF gold setting/rules question?

Martin.D

Registered
Alias
No-Clu
Yes another question on TAF.

Having talked to many owners of TAF over the last few weeks. Seem my TAF with gold chip set has an odd setting or rule I am trying to disable.
When ready to start multi ball with red light on bookcase & chair, you now can not loose ball until you start multi ball.
Thought this was just gold chip set and rules update, but 2 other owners of TAF gold say there table does not do this.
Anyway to turn this off?

Last edited:
It's possible. But no lose ball only happens when red lights for multi ball on.
Not when greens lights on to start locking balls.
Seem deliberate action, which makes it even more odd.

Not even sure where to start looking for switch fault if this is case, as game plays fine with no other problems.

What revision roms are you running?
L-3 was the last release and possibly what others are running.

Yes should have put this information with original post.
50038 LX-3
SYS 324 Sound Rev.1-1
CPU chip GOLD U6.

Oddly, the LX (export) rom is smaller than the normal L-3.
What are other people running in theirs as I have a non-gold machine with non-gold roms?
I might burn the LX-3 roms and take a look.

Switch test at start of game.
SwitchStart.jpg

Switch test status with 2 balls locked and red light on ready for multi ball. At this point you can not loose ball until start multi ball.
SwtichReadyMultiball.jpg

The only odd thing I can see here is Right Trough & Ball Shooter switches both closed.

Then you’ve found your problem. Two balls locked and one showing in the trough and one in the shooter equals 4 balls being seen. Game only has three balls. Clear the fault that is causing the phantom switch closure.

These machines were designed to keep running in difficult environments. It wouldn’t stop working, it just plays on. Your average punter wouldn’t notice.

Worth checking the ball draining is registered too.
Oh, and check their isn’t four balls ;)

Conclusion to this problem.
Yes found right trough switch wire trapped by ball shooter lane feeder. Simple fix bent wire to put space between them.
Thanks everyone for help. But interesting feature if you wanted to make game easier.

Back
Top Bottom