What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T2 - small snags

There is always a bit of play on the flipper mechanism. I have changed the plunges, bats, coil stops and bushes for brand new. If you put the bats too deep into the mechanism it will worn out the bush and you are risking damaging the playfield. Believe me its fine.
Weakness can be caused by the EOS. As I said. File the contacts a bit or replace them.
Not sure about the error but the opto-chip is a good suspect as long as you are sure that all the tapes, ribbons are sitting properly.
The LEDs got some small wires that sometimes dont make a good contact. Remove the socket, remove the LED itself from it and bend those wires a bit outside so thay make a good contact within the black socket and then put it all back. I have also reflowed all the light PCBs so there should not be a problem with them.
Great, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Cheers for the advice :)

Do you have an end shot of the flipper coil soldering, it looks a bit patchy on your photo, may be done with lead free solder which doesn’t make the best joint, could be a reason for weakness you report.

Do you have an end shot of the flipper coil soldering, it looks a bit patchy on your photo, may be done with lead free solder which doesn’t make the best joint, could be a reason for weakness you report.
Here's a video. Not sure if the quality will be any good when it renders.

Attachments

• IMG_7320.MOV
    29.9 MB
And now I've noticed my kickback is getting stuck intermittently. When I tap it slightly it goes back in. This happened once last week and I didn't think anything of it - but now I think this may need replacing too.

Attachments

• IMG_7321.MOV
    20.2 MB
Check the switch above it. Looks like the coil is constantly firing up or you possibly shorted something on the driver board.

An outlane kickback differs from a regular solenoid in not having an 'end stop' as such, due to the plunger tip being used to strike the ball. Instead, the collar at the base of the plunger contacts the coil bracket at the end of travel. Is there any wear showing there? In the video it seems to move sideways a bit much as it pulses again, I take it the machine's in solenoid test. Could the special flanged sleeve used for through-coils have broken?

Re. parking the flippers for now, going by the picture two posts up the right side is parked too high for most peoples' liking; it's a subjective thing, though. The usual advice is to put a suitable guide in the metal pin near the tip of the flipper, and set the paddle to contact this when at rest. My own preference was to project a line through the screws holding the 'flipper frame' (the metal/plastic stacked assembly leading the ball to the flipper), and align the centre-line of the paddle with this.

It has got nothing to do with the sleeve. The solenoid kicks constantly so it's purely electronic problem.
edit: Unless it is in the TEST MODE. Then ignore my comment. :)

P.S. Flippers are in the good position too. (unless they have been moved) It's just the angle of the camera. They were set with the locking pins and rubbers on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom