What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superband sellers in uk?

Just put green superbands on our hook. Looks pretty cool.
Is it OK to use the picture of the Hook on my example page. Hook is missing :). If you like, I can link your posting or something else you like.

... First impressions, I actually really liked them, I had black rubbers fitted before and these seemed harder than them. It felt like the flippers had more power, I guess due to better energy transfer because of the minimal compression of the rubbers. Also found catching the ball easier and shots seemed more accurate, but that could just be down to me having a good game yesterday.

They do act differently, overall I liked them, I imagine if you had soft rubbers they will feel very different, especially on flipper bounce over which almost feels like it won't make it over because of the lack of bounce.
Most feetback is similat to yours. The better control comes from the shot time you touch the ball longer.

It worth noting that theres a top and bottom to superbands, one edge is slightly curved.
Oh yeah... Though to me it looks like a manufacturing 'side effect'. On mine some have a concave side, and others a convex, so possibly just a molding defect or something.

Oh yeah... Though to me it looks like a manufacturing 'side effect'. On mine some have a concave side, and others a convex, so possibly just a molding defect or something.
Super-Bands are molded. When it reacts to get hard, a part is disappearing and you have a shrink on the material. Some times the molding side is concave or convex. From the latest material I get, most have no shrink like in the beginning. Most are now convex.

People who by in my shop normally get pre sorted material, so all SBs of the same colour should look like similar. That‘s the reason why Fritz doesn‘t discover it ;-).

The producer say that you should do the molding side up. I just testing if I can harm the Super-Bands when the moulding side is down and I play on the edge (SBs shifted up on flipper bats). Until now no success to destroy it. The picture shows the point I‘m playing with. From other discussions I now that people make it like they want. If there are problems I think I would know.

One picture says more then thousand words. So attached an example for concave and convex molded SBs.

Attachments

• P1080229b_moulding.JPG
    P1080229b_moulding.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom