What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sun 12th May 2019] Flip Out London presents 'Tim's Super Awesome Tournament #2'

With how good it was there, I would suggest trying to tie up a "package" of tournaments into a bundle with some hotel deal added in. If you could get a bulk room rate for Saturday night at a local hotel, you could do something where there's say £100 - £110 (if you can get the room for £60 at a bulk rate, I don't know Croydon prices). If you managed to get a sliding scale package price (say 30 rooms = £60 40 rooms = £55), then you can have a prize pot that increases and the club takes a bigger cut the bigger the attendance. I would suggest you could get 60 entrants over the weekend in there. With a setup that allows people to "stay playing" over a longer period. Perhaps group play, into divisions for a tournament?

Would I pay £100+ for a "pinball tournament weekender" - well Daventry suggests yes, yes I would.

I am waffling, but I am sure there are some nuggets in there, whether its of gold or poo, I am not sure...

No. 10 is a MUST, especially with Daventry coming up which is notoriously hot in the main room.

I think No.11 should be: When playing in a multiplayer game stay near the machine so you can see when it's your turn. No-one likes having to stand around waiting or go searching for the next player up (although I was guilty of that as @robotgreg was grinding out GC on BK2000) . Although AcDc on timed plunge didn't even cure that.

Always makes me smile at SWL that moonraker stocks up on Lynx in his snack bar. Not telling me something I hope :rofl:

thanks to Matthew Vince , Julian , Mike Parkins , Nick and Tim plus all the wonderful pinball people that helped organise and took part in the pinball festivities @ Flipout this weekend , feeling stoked to have finally won a tournament at this amazing venue , shame Matt ,Stan Simpson and CJ couldn't have made it to this world cup tournament, see you all next time ....Matt , you have an amazing venue , thank you sooo much for all that you and the rest of the flipout crew do there , for all those that donate machines , their time , their expertise , it makes it so special to visit there , the UK scene wouldn't be the same without you , just wanna express my gratitude ,....

Hi ya James, I have explored group hotel rates previously when I organized the London Pinball Championships, we managed to arrange a discount code in the end but it wasn't that great a deal. The main issue was that the hotels wanted us to book (and pay for) a certain number of rooms before agreeing any deal, this is tough when you haven't even advertised the event at that stage.

We do plan to hold more events at the club in future and I believe that the most convenient way for us to do this for people is to hold multiple events over the same weekend. There are plans afoot to enhance the club's facilities and expand our machine range further so hopefully we can accommodate more than on event per day.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, the whole committee and membership base are striving to provide a facility as good as it can possibly be. If you wish to join as a member or simply support the club with a small donation, visit our website www.flipoutlondon.com even a google review of the club will help to raise our profile and hopefully help ensure it's continued existence!

If you could get a bulk room rate for Saturday night at a local hotel, you could do something where there's say £100 - £110 (if you can get the room for £60 at a bulk rate, I don't know Croydon prices).
I dont know about Bulk Rates, but there were (really crappy) B&Bs available from £35 last weekend. I know wayne only paid about £50 for his hotel / B&B but he booked a while ago. I ended up paying £70 for the hotel + £30 in entrance fees over the weekend, but I made the most of it as me an Nick stayed at the club until about 11 on the saturday. :)

I dont know about Bulk Rates, but there were (really crappy) B&Bs available from £35 last weekend. I know wayne only paid about £50 for his hotel / B&B but he booked a while ago.

I think that's probably the key then, just book up way in advance - if there's enough notice, shouldn't be a problem.

Another thing to add, could be maybe organise a meal out for everyone - again, arrange a fixed menu or price for courses and people get their own drinks at the bar?

IT'S BACK!

Tim's Super Awesome Tournament II returns to Flip Out London on 12th May!

To pack in as much pinball as possible - we will also be hosting the first meet of Season 14 of the London Pinball League.

Both tournaments are free to enter other than the normal £10 entry fee for Flip Out London for those that aren't already members.

Format will be the same as last year:
Everyone will be randomly divided into two groups (or three if there are enough players) and play once against each player in your group.
The top half-ish will play a head to head knockout bracket to find a winner - while those that miss out on qualifying will play in a separate bracket for the coveted B Division trophy.

Doors will open at 10:00 with registration for TimSAT II closing at 11:30 for a 12:00 start (no late registrations - as once we've started - everyone will already be split into groups) - with London League games available to be played before and after.

Cheers - hope to see you all there.

Nick and @yellowreggae

BUMP

Reminder that this tournament is on SUNDAY 12th MAY at Flip Out London. If you want to play you must arrive BEFORE 11:30. Entry to tournament is free (non members still need to pay £10 entry to club as usual) and you will be able to play in the London League too which is on the same day, same venue.

SEE YOU THERE!

Gutted to miss this again! Have fun folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a quick reminder that NO PRE REGISTRATION is required. Just turn up by 11:30 to register to give us enough time to set up the qualification groups for a 12 noon start.

TIMSAT and London Pinball League are both free to enter but the usual £10 Flip Out Guest fee applies to non members.

Yeah, that does add to the social side of it. Its happening at Daventry I think, and its happening this weekend at Swavesy.

Although apparently there is a football match going on in the afternoon on saturday....:hmm:

I’m up for the Daventry and Swavesey social keep us posted please

Normally do overground from clapham junction to east Croydon...
That bit still looks like it’s running (but double check). It’s the ginger line bit that goes down via forest hill etc that’s got replacement buses on. Also I think I’ve got my croydons mixed up and it runs to west rather than east Croydon.
They seem to like cancelling the waddon train on sundays as well. Several times when I’ve tried to get back from flipout the trains been pulled due to a lack of drivers.

Last edited:
That bit still looks like it’s running (but double check). It’s the ginger line bit that goes down via forest hill etc that’s got replacement buses on. Also I think I’ve got my croydons mixed up and it runs to west rather than east Croydon.
They seem to like cancelling the waddon train on sundays as well. Several times when I’ve tried to get back from flipout the trains been pulled due to a lack of drivers.

Try going via Blackfriars on thameslink

Bump reminder that this in on no registration needed just get there for 11:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom