What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sun 12th May 2019] Flip Out London presents 'Tim's Super Awesome Tournament #2'

yellowreggae

Registered
Alias
Tim Thornton
http://flipoutlondon.pinballnews.com/folsat.php

Hosted by Tim Thornton and Nick Hamill at Flip Out London Pinball Club

Rules and Preregistration at the above link is free. £10 guest entry fee is payable on the day.

Comp is Dutch Masters format with groups playing H2H for qualifying and then rounds of best of 3 in the finals. Trophies for top 3 players.

There will also be a fun parallel side competition for the non qualifiers with a trophy for the winner.

There is another tournament at the club the following day, Julian Rawlinsons's World Cup so why not make a weekend of it? http://flipoutlondon.pinballnews.com/worldcup1.html

See you there hopefully!

Last edited:
oi! I'm top ranked darky in the UK, i'll have you know! Lol!!

• Saturday 30th June 2018
  • 10am doors for 11am start
  • Free entry to Flip Out London members.
  • Standard £10 entry fee for non members.
19 days to go and we have a decent chunk of players registered for the tournament so far.

Mike Parkins
Nick Hamill
Dan Lewell
Greg Mott
Rich Mallett
Tim Thornton
Lukasz Dziewulski
Sam McCourt
Wayne Johns
Rayne Passmore
Jenette Passmore
Robin Kemp
Keith Burden
Jack Burden
Stan Simpson
Ivan Miles

Should be a great day as is but its always more fun with more players. If you haven't been to the club before there are up to 40 machines on free play, lots of space, several comfy armchairs and sofas and takeaways and pub only 3 minutes walk away.*

Also, Nick has some interesting ideas regarding using the PA system during the day. Should be fun!

I MAY ALSO HAVE A TWITCH STREAM UP AND RUNNING BY THEN but don't hold me to that...

Register here!

http://flipoutlondon.pinballnews.com/folsat.php

*the sofas aren't 3 minutes away, they're in the club...

Last edited:
Umm. I'm in too? Have re-registered on the website. Unless you specifically tell me not to play of course..!

I'll check with the IT guys. Should auto display you when you register.

Anyone else registered that isn't showing up?

EDIT you're in Vin!

Last edited:
I'm considering coming down for the weekend... Is there room in the Sunday tournament too?

Also, any decent cheap hotel nearby?

Cheers.

Last reminder that this is on this Saturday 30th June. Club will open at 10am for 11pm start. Last minute entrants are welcome but please arrive before 11am and better still register (free) on the website.

And would you look at these delicious trophies on offer...

IMG_20180625_190244__01.jpg

Registered entrants:

Mike Parkins
Nick Hamill
Dan Lewell
Greg Mott
Rich Mallett
Tim Thornton
Lukasz Dziewulski
Sam McCourt
Wayne Johns
Rayne Passmore
Jenette Passmore
Robin Kemp
Keith Burden
Jack Burden
Stan Simpson
Ivan Miles
Vin Jauhal
CJ Brown
David Fowler
Matt Vince
Tom Fletcher
mark johnson
John Whitfield
Julian Rawlinson
Hal Cullity

See you there!

Thanks everyone for coming for a great tournament this afternoon. I had great fun, I hope everyone else did too.

Congratulations to Matt Vince for being 'Most Awesome' in the inaugural Tim's Super Awesome Tournament, beating David Fowler in a final which went the whole distance with a storming finish, breaking a billion on Goldeneye.

Also congratulations to Mike Parkins finishing third beating Jack Burden in the play off in a tense finish, being being evenly matched going into the fifth ball on the tie breaker game on Bronco..

In the B Division's tournament, congratulations to Wayne Johns, who beat Hal Cullity in the final. Porps to Hal for retaining his form after being the unlucky loser in a 5 way tie breaker for four qualifying spots in the A division.

It's been great to have you all at Flip Out, hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

If you haven't filled your Croydon pinball fix yet, there is another tournament tomorrow, the World Cup Tournament.

Thanks all, hope to see y'all soon:

Final standings for IPFA are:

1 Matt Vince
2 David Fowler
3 Mike Parkins
4 Jack Burden
=5 Rich Mallett
=5 Keith Burden
=5 Greg Mott
=5 Nick Hamill
=9 Tim Thornton
=9 Julian Rawlinson
=9 Tom Fletcher
=9 Vin Jauhal
13 Hal Cullity
=14 Ivan Miles
=14 Val Semeria
=16 Rayne Passmore
=16 Dan Lewell
=16 James Fowler
=16 Sam McCourt
=16 Wayne Johns
=16 John Whitfield
=22 Mark Johnson
=22 Lucasz Dziewulski
24 Jenette Passmore

Costa Rica wins World Cup!

In the second tournament of the weekend, Costa Rica (Rich Mallett) beat Switzerland (Tim Thornton) in the final with a masterclass on Flip Out London's newest addition, Space Invaders, rolling the machine.

In the third place play off Denmark (Ivan Miles) beat Serbia (Vin Jauhal) in a nail-biting finish, with a whisker over 50m points making the difference in a high scoring final game of Goldeneye.

Big thanks to Julian for organising (and I don't think I thanked Tim for organising yesterday's tournament above, big thanks to Tim too!)

Full results are:

1 Costa Rica (Rich Mallett)
2 Switzerland (Tim Thornton)
3 Denmark (Ivan Miles)
4 Serbia (Vin Jauhal)
=5 Russia (James Adams)
=5 Saudi Arabia (Mike Kindler)
=5 France (Greg Mott)
=5 Sweden (Mike Parkins)
9 Tunisia (Rayne Passmore)
=10 Poland (Julian Rawlinson)
=10 Mexico (Wayne Johns)
=12 Iceland (Nick Hamill)
=12 Argentina (Tom Fletcher)
14 Brazil (Sam McCourt)
=15 Japan (Dan Lewell)
=15 Spain (Jenette Passmore)

Thanks all for coming, hope to see you all soon.

Last edited:
A big thank you to all who run the club, donate machines and organised this weekends tournaments. Jack and I had a great time, nice to catch up with you all , and meet some new pinheads....and of course put "a face" to a few names. Well done nick you did really well keeping us all in line....lol....the football was on the big screen as well...fantastico! A message to the fathom owner....I have a set of lane plastics for you ! (The ball trapping on that broken plastic lost me the comp! :rofl:) (hyperbole warning) it's a great place well done everyone. Places like this really keep pinball alive in the u.k. And all competitors stuck very closely to pinball comp. etiquette. (If there was such a thing..this might give wayne something to talk about). Could of been at a county cricket match, without the tea....(although vin organised a "mcdelivery if your into that type of thing!). If it was not for swl Salisbury as well...where would us southerners go for a pin fix. But seriously great place well done everyone you should be proud......all the best see you all soon...Keith n jack...........:thumbs:

That is my F
A big thank you to all who run the club, donate machines and organised this weekends tournaments. Jack and I had a great time, nice to catch up with you all , and meet some new pinheads....and of course put "a face" to a few names. Well done nick you did really well keeping us all in line....lol....the football was on the big screen as well...fantastico! A message to the fathom owner....I have a set of lane plastics for you ! (The ball trapping on that broken plastic lost me the comp! :rofl:) (hyperbole warning) it's a great place well done everyone. Places like this really keep pinball alive in the u.k. And all competitors stuck very closely to pinball comp. etiquette. (If there was such a thing..this might give wayne something to talk about). Could of been at a county cricket match, without the tea....(although vin organised a "mcdelivery if your into that type of thing!). If it was not for swl Salisbury as well...where would us southerners go for a pin fix. But seriously great place well done everyone you should be proud......all the best see you all soon...Keith n jack...........:thumbs:

That is my Fathom Keith, if you have the plastics for it bring them to Swavesey and i will square up with you then. Cheers!

Ah I think I broke every one of those rules, sorry guys. (Apart from crop dusting and not showering LOL)

I don't personally agree with rule 3, although it depends how close is close. I had never played any of the games in my group, and had watched PAPA for rules to AFM and TWD, but BK2K, DH, Champion Pub, JY and Centaur - I had to stand close to see what the hell I was supposed to be doing. I guess subtly close is allowed? Also, one of the things I have heard is to watch others in play, what if a kickout is acting up (i.e. TWD right lane out of the pops)...

Sorry if I ****ed anyone off.

Ahh man @Matt Vince - just incredible!

If I wasn't so far away, I would be there every other weekend I reckon, just too good. You guys have created something special there, just such an awesome setup. I think I now get what people mean when they go to see a litter or puppies and say they would (mostly) take them all home if they could :p

Really nice people there too as I said, credit has to go to @Nickoss II on that front.

I’d like to add my thanks to everyone involved in both of this weekend’s tournaments. It’s embarrassing that my name was in Saturday’s tournament (blame Matt V) given Nick Hamill did most of the heavy lifting. I’m already making sure that the next one will be named “Nick’s Super Awesome Tournament” before finally settling on “Flip Out London Super Awesome Tournament”. Nick wrote some amazing custom software for Saturday (and a last minute sheet for Sunday too!) and I think it worked bloody brilliantly. We’re planning on having these tournaments on a regular basis perhaps every 2 or 3 months and we are determined to make the experience even better next time.

Thanks to all the people at FOL especially Matt Vince for helping to set up the event and a big thanks to Mike Parkins for doing a huge amount of Pinball maintenance which is probably the most vital part of making an event like this go well.

I hope all the visitors enjoyed themselves and I’d welcome suggestions on how we can improve for next time. Hope to see you all next time!

Back
Top Bottom