What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sun 12th May 2019] Flip Out London presents 'Tim's Super Awesome Tournament #2'

That wooden spoon has got your name all over it Ben!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The well done trophy is for top of the B Division (i.e. winner of the separate knockout stage for everyone that doesn't qualify).

Last place would surely be "WORST LOSER".

Usually in this format the non qualifiers (LOSERS) wouldn't have anything to do while the finals take place but given we have plenty of space and machines we have an parallel B Division finals for that LOSER trophy. This B Division result will not affect your final placing in the tournament and is just for fun... and the SUPER AWESOME (loser) TROPHY!

The results are in for TIMSAT II – the only tournament where the size of the trophies are monumentally dwarfed by the awesomeness of the competitors.

After a hard fought Sunday where much fun was had by all:

The overall winner, and Most Awesome of 2019 was @Mike Parkins – beating defending champion @Matt Vince into a Pretty Awesome second place after racking up a dominant score on Addams Family, edged to victory in a close high scoring game on Spooky.

@Moonraker clinched a Quite Awesome 3rd place – needing to win both his final two games against @Chris P to clinch the trophy, and delivering on the final ball in both games.

The B division was won by @Chief – ahead of @mission65 in a tense final game on one of the Club’s newest additions – Batman: the Dark Knight.

Well done to all the winners, and hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have.

The IPFA results are below:
1 Mike Parkins
2 Matt Vince
3 Peter Blakemore
4 Chris Poyntz
=5 Tim Thornton
=5 David Mainwaring
=5 Rich Mallett
=5 Ed Rojas
=9 Vin Jauhal
=9 Greg Mott
=9 Hal Cullity
=9 David Tucker
=9 Nick Hamill
=9 Mike Kindler
=9 Alex Berta
=9 Bob Marlow
=17 Sam McCourt
=17 Dan Lewell
=17 Ben Pike
=17 Clive Bush
=21 Punk Stig
=21 Rayne Passmore
=21 Mark Johnson
=24 Diane Bush
=24 Pheobe Lewell
=24 Tony Molloy
=24 Lukasz Dziewulski
=24 Janette Passmore
29 Kira Baker
=30 Effie Lewell
=30 Caroline Abbott
=30 Jason Poyntz
=30 Ben Leigh

View attachment 85111

The results are in for TIMSAT II – the only tournament where the size of the trophies are monumentally dwarfed by the awesomeness of the competitors.

After a hard fought Sunday where much fun was had by all:

The overall winner, and Most Awesome of 2019 was @Mike Parkins – beating defending champion @Matt Vince into a Pretty Awesome second place after racking up a dominant score on Addams Family, edged to victory in a close high scoring game on Spooky.

@Moonraker clinched a Quite Awesome 3rd place – needing to win both his final two games against @Chris P to clinch the trophy, and delivering on the final ball in both games.

The B division was won by @Chief – ahead of @mission65 in a tense final game on one of the Club’s newest additions – Batman: the Dark Knight.

Well done to all the winners, and hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have.

[picture goes here]

The IPFA results are below:
1 Mike Parkins
2 Matt Vince
3 Peter Blakemore
4 Chris Poyntz
=5 Tim Thornton
=5 David Mainwaring
=5 Rich Mallett
=5 Ed Rojas
=9 Vin Jauhal
=9 Greg Mott
=9 Hal Cullity
=9 David Tucker
=9 Nick Hamill
=9 Mike Kindler
=9 Alex Berta
=9 Bob Marlow
=17 Sam McCourt
=17 Dan Lewell
=17 Ben Pike
=17 Clive Bush
=21 Punk Stig
=21 Rayne Passmore
=21 Mark Johnson
=24 Diane Bush
=24 Pheobe Lewell
=24 Tony Molloy
=24 Lukasz Dziewulski
=24 Janette Passmore
29 Kira Baker
=30 Effie Lewell
=30 Caroline Abbott
=30 Jason Poyntz
=30 Ben Leigh
Thanks for a fun afternoon. As predicted I came bottom! No harm done and a good insight into how to tackle the UK open in July.

Moral of this? Don’t attempt two comps on the same afternoon at least I wasn’t bottom in the London league!

Back
Top Bottom