What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Stern WPT 2006 (my 1st shoplog)

unity_neil

Registered
Please be gentle, this is the 1st time I've done more than troubleshooting to keep a pin running.

I bought this keenly priced WPT from Matty Adams.
It was perfectly described as missing drop target plungers and filthy.

Plan.
Get all the items functioning
Strip and clean
Fit mirroblades and LEDs
maybe fettle the cab if I'm feeling brave.

pics to follow.

Some "before" pics

Attachments

• 20160805_172705.jpg
    20160805_172705.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20160805_175635.jpg
    20160805_175635.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20160805_175641.jpg
    20160805_175641.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20160805_175645.jpg
    20160805_175645.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 46
Oh the humanity!
Still stripping and cleaning

Attachments

• 20160813_164640.jpg
    20160813_164640.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20160813_170020.jpg
    20160813_170020.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20160813_192229.jpg
    20160813_192229.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 22
Wait until you get a good hand, build up the pot then collect it with a 3x multiplier. Puts a smile on my face every time.

Quickest high scoring process I've found is:
Set up Ace in the Hole multiball so it just requires a single shot to start,
Ideally have another multiball close to starting as well
Start a mode (Steal the Blind or Change Gears tend to be the highest scoring in multiball)
Start multiball
Try and start second or third multiball (not only does this give you more scoring opportunities it also adds more balls, restarts ball saver and resets the 'mystery' award which is usually an extra ball within multiball)

If you don't start No-Limit multiball keep hitting the ramps to advance poker hand, if you do start it you'll need to hit the drop targets to light the jackpot at the left ramp. Ideally don't shoot for the jackpot until you've got all the drops down to give you a higher multiplier, plus the 3x from the inlanes.

Also try and get the ball relocked in the jail, as that again puts an extra ball on the playfield as well as resetting the ballsave. You can do this over and over.

still waiting for the plungers from the states.

the more I strip the more I find lol.
replaced the flipper coil sleeves and those in the drop target banks.

started replacing the rubbers with all white. from pinballmania thanks Andy

insert led kit from pinball leds. thanks David.

20160813_164640.jpg
before

20160903_112429.jpg

after fixing the ace in the whole opto boards I'm left with the following tasks

back glass fluorescent or starter.
left drop target plungers - awaiting parts
trough jam message on start up.
auto plunge is super weak.

but it's now playable at least.

roller coaster of a day today. the drop target plungers arrived and I duly fitted them! sadly the left drop targets didn't reset on turn on.

they do reset when the coils are energised in the test menu. the drop targets don't register when activated in test.

I tried swapping the opto board from the non functioning side to one of the other banks and it works barring in target. the working board on the other side still shows no activation.

I've reseated the plugs. on the boards and at the cpu end. now I'm stumped.

does anyone have any suggestions? I'll bell out the connections tomorrow. I'm really worried that this could be the cpu board.

dumb ass question. is it possible that the left bank has been disabled somehow? the switches are listed as "out of service"

thanks for any assistance

roller coaster of a day today. the drop target plungers arrived and I duly fitted them! sadly the left drop targets didn't reset on turn on.

they do reset when the coils are energised in the test menu. the drop targets don't register when activated in test.

I tried swapping the opto board from the non functioning side to one of the other banks and it works barring in target. the working board on the other side still shows no activation.

I've reseated the plugs. on the boards and at the cpu end. now I'm stumped.

does anyone have any suggestions? I'll bell out the connections tomorrow. I'm really worried that this could be the cpu board.

dumb ass question. is it possible that the left bank has been disabled somehow? the switches are listed as "out of service"

thanks for any assistance
Give me a PM nudge tomorrow afternoon and I will have a play around with mine (ooerr missus).

Back
Top Bottom