What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Tube vs LED Panel

There is one in the Metallica I have on loan, looks great, however it does make it a pain in the butt to get into the head to do anything.

And of course you can change the colour if you wish.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

There used to be a TSPP in The Brewdog in Shoreditch London that had one of these backbox kits set to constantly change colour, bizarre!

There used to be a TSPP in The Brewdog in Shoreditch London that had one of these backbox kits set to constantly change colour, bizarre!
Looks crap when it's doing that. It's also distracting because your eyes pick up the reflection on the glass more because it is continuously changing colour.

looks very nice. how much did you pay for that, and what's it powered from?
I made it for about £8.

It is powered from the power board. You can power it from the auxiliary 12v connecter in the cab but I didn't want to do that as I have the ColorDMD powered from that.

Looks like you might be getting some interest if you can knock out a few of these for members on here.
Id be interested in a few for my games.

looks excellent dude, i'm impressed. much neater than one i made. got closeups or a link to your production thread?
is it 12V? where on the board? fused?

Looks like you might be getting some interest if you can knock out a few of these for members on here.
Id be interested in a few for my games.
Don't tell the EU that my solder has lead in it. :)

Definite improvement, but have you considered changing it to warm white? Looks very bluish with the cool white.

id start knocking some of these up Andrew. id be interest in a few as the tube in some Sterns look very patchy especially the older ones

Definite improvement, but have you considered changing it to warm white? Looks very bluish with the cool white.
I haven't ****d about with the settings yet. Not only can you change the colour, you can change the intensity too so lots of possibilities.

id start knocking some of these up Andrew. id be interest in a few as the tube in some Sterns look very patchy especially the older ones
The ballast gets very noisy too. You can disconnect the ballast once the LED panel is up and running.

This looks great. Must of missed this. Looks like I need to do some eBay shopping. Where can you get the poster board from?
I used old board we have at work for our exhibition display stands.
I presume Staples or Hobbycraft might sell it.

Looks great Andy loads brighter than the tube, so old school!! Cunning way of showing everybody you high scores as well, I'm waiting for the next picture so I can see your grand champion score :rofl::thumbs:

Looks great Andy loads brighter than the tube, so old school!! Cunning way of showing everybody you high scores as well, I'm waiting for the next picture so I can see your grand champion score :rofl::thumbs:
Crikey that photo is really old Graham. You need 350 million just to get your name on my Spiderman these days. Here is my best.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I made it

would you be interested in making some and selling them for a profit? parts plus labour plus markup - will you consider it? i'd be in the market for 4 or so, if you got a bunch of interested folks then you could assemble them all en masse and the time and effort would go down for each extra one.... just an idea

would you be interested in making some and selling them for a profit? parts plus labour plus markup - will you consider it? i'd be in the market for 4 or so, if you got a bunch of interested folks then you could assemble them all en masse and the time and effort would go down for each extra one.... just an idea
Let me get the pin boudoir finished Dan (I'm currently doing the ceiling) then I will look into it. I'm hoping to have most of the work done in the next fortnight.

What sort of money do you think folk will be willing to pay ?

I'd be down for one or two too

Back
Top Bottom