What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Pinball Arcade VR.

Matti B

Registered
So, I have a Samsung S7 edge and the VR which is a bit of a gimmick.

I was surprised to see a new Pinball Arcade game pop up so I downloaded it.

Turns out it's a new franchise STERN PINBALL ARCADE, and the basic app is free with Frankenstein as a free table. It is only available with Samsung VR for now.

Starship troopers, RBION and Stern Star Trek are the only other tables available.

Some thoughts.

Pros.

Looks like all the latest new tables are going to be available at some point. ACDC and Ghost busters for example. Along with loads of others.

The 3D is actually very nice and feels like you are looking down at a 3d table. You get a much better sense of depth of ramps etc.

Cons.

Star Trek alone was €9.99 (I am in europe) so this could be expensive.

The game slowed down noticeably during multi ball.

The 3D lost synch randomly every few games (and I have the current best phone in the world) which made it unplayable.

Without an external blue tooth control pad there is only one button on the side which activates both flippers at same time (it does work okay during single ball play)

You might need to repurchase tables possible for the 5th time. 6th time if you go to the superior PS4 VR later this year which is a con. Farsight are money grabbing thieves.

The music sounds weird. Different.

The 3D is currently from a fixed head position so you can't lean forwards or down. PS VR and Oculus Rift should fix this.

---

I'm glad I got it but It's super annoying because I am getting a PS VR later this year and I have ps3, ps4 iPad, macbook and Android pinball arcade already with various bundles or single tables across them.

It's not yet. Only Samsung VR.

I must add that the ball and flipper physics are greatly improved.

But I just tried to play again and it crashed on me.

Not a finished app.

Thanks for your review Matti, it will be interesting to see how it plays on PS4 VR. Seems like ages since I saw you at a pinball meet.
The new family must be keeping you busy. All the best,
Chris :thumbs:

i know! I've not been to anything. and I'm gutted that the LPL has changed it's format away from league meets.

Back
Top Bottom